1983 Birdsall 70
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Auckland, New Zealand
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- NZ$ 490,000 (US$ 321,685)
Standing tall is this comfortably elegant blue water cruiser.
Spending 11 years off shore visiting 69 countries, Silver Fern has proven her sea handling ability, providing the owners with a great comfortable lifestyle.
Having been built solidly, her current owners have spent endless hours refitting her over their tenure to create the quality, well maintained boat she is today.
Silver Fern has a great raised saloon offering 360 degree views with an interior layout that has been cleverly designed for two couples to spaciously travel the world together with their own cabin layouts at either end of the vessel.
Other notable key features:
- Strong steel hull – 5mm thick
- Easily driven hull design
- All sheets run back to cockpit jammers
- Hydrodynamically designed rudder eases stress on autopilot
- Fold up transom great for fishing and swimming
- Huge lazarette for dive gear and bikes etc
- Dinghy on forward deck location out of the way.
- Hard bimini with sun shade curtains over cockpit incorporating lights and fishing rod holders.
- 3 Electric Winches in Cockpit
- NEW Genset 7KVA
- Water maker 60L P/H
- Raised Saloon with 360 degree viewing
- Large Galley with twin S/S sinks and salt/fresh water faucets
- 6ft 3” head room throughout
- 3 Cabin Layout
- Master double bed with ensuite aft location.
- 2 forward double bed cabins share a second spacious head
If you are seriously considering traveling the world and want style and comfort then this is the boat for you.
Alternatively it would make a great boat for a couple of families to travel New Zealand and the islands on a time share basis or together. This would be a cost effective method to purchase and share running costs, making it an economic way to enjoy the beauty of the ocean and surrounding islands.
For the full inventory, extended photo gallery and further information please contact Jason Bagnall of 36 Degrees Brokers.
Please contact 36 Degrees Brokers at +64 9 903 1001
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 21.30 m
Beam: 6.0 m
Minimum Draft: 2.20 m
Maximum Draft: 2.20 m
Dry Weight: 30000 kgs
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 4LHTE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Drive Type: V Drive
Fresh Water Tanks: (400 Liters)
Fuel Tanks: (1500 Liters)
Number of double berths: 3
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 2
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.