1983 Ericson Mk-III
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Noank, CT
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 39,900
The Ericson 35' Mark III is one of the most popular sailboats in it's size, age and price range. Designed by Bruce King , the 35 is well-balanced with good speed. Built with excellent quality throughout from the engineered triaxial hull grid for strength to a luxuriously finished full teak interior for comfortable onboard living. There is also top of the line deck hardware mounted on a simple, sensible deck layout for dependable safe sailing enjoyment. This Ericson 35' is in Fantastic Condition and is definitely worth your consideration.
A certain aura dwells in the Ericson 35. It's something in the graceful way it sails and behaves, looks and feels. Its form harmonizes perfectly with its function. The high-aspect rig, with tapered mast and double spreaders, produces less windage and lower weight aloft, and provides optimal performance in light to moderate winds.
A U-shaped galley has features to please the most exacting chef. Hot and cold pressure water run to a 10" deep stainless steel sink, chopping block insert, and fresh and salt water foot pumps.
Aft there is an insulated 6.5-cubic-foot ice box, and a second insulated 2.5-cubic-foot ice box forward. A gimballed, three-bumer CNG stove with oven, safety rail and removable countertop makes preparing meals a breeze.
There are abundant drawers, lockers and cabinets including a wine rack, trash compartment that opens to the cockpit and a tiltout dish caddy that holds 10 full place settings. A nav station with easy access to the cockpit stands to port.
Just aft is a spacious 6'6" by 4' double quarter berth with an opening port and dorade vent. The port dinette converts to a 6'6" by 4'1" double berth. Storage shelves and lockers hold liquor, glassware, books or whatever you wish to take to sea.
The Ericson 35 has an attitude toward privacy rarely found even on custom luxury yachts. Forward, behind a teak panel door, is the owner's stateroom with an astonishing array of amenities. A dressing area with a comfortable, cushioned seat. A unique hanging locker with room for sea boots. Other storage cuddies, drawers and shelves. And an enormous 6'6" by 5'6" double berth.
Cell (860) 867-6411 Office: (860) 536-4978 Fax: (860) 536-4406 email: email@example.com
John MacPherson CPYB
Please contact John MacPherson CPYB at Cell (860) 867-6411
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Bruce King
LOA: 35 ft 6 in
Beam: 11 ft 4 in
LWL: 28 ft 10 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 2 in
Displacement: 13000 lbs
Ballast: 5200 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 49 ft 0 in
Headroom: 6 ft 5 in
Engine Brand: Universal
Year Built: 1983
Engine Model: Universal 30 Fresh Water Cooled
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Cruising Speed: 6 knots
Maximum Speed: 7 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: (100 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (40 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (20 Gallons)
Number of heads: 1
Total Power: 24
Cruising Speed: 6-7 kts @ 3qts per hour
Custom designed interior by S&S Fabrics - Ultra Suede extra thick interior cushions with Sunbrella matresses in V-berth and Quarter-berth. Four 22" square down pillows with Ultrasuede covers in coordinating colors for all berths.
- NEW Raymarine fully integrated electronics and instruments package 2006 - E80 GPS Chartplotter display with Navionics charts - all data interfaced to display including radar - ST4000 autopilot - ST60 displays for compass, depth, boat speed, windspeed/direction on helm station plus ST60 multifunctiion repeater display facing cockpit - E80 is mounted on a swing-away swivel arm, enabling the navigator to enter waypoints while the helmsman steers; on Navpod AG225 pedastal
- NEW bottom 2012 - soda-blasted, two layers epoxy barrier coat, two coats VC Offshore Regatta / Baltoplate, lightly burnished
- NEW CUSTOM-BUILT teak cabinet for manual storage in nav station 2011
- NEW shower Aquafresh shower sump pump 2011
NEW Head hoses & Macerator pump 2011
NEW 2 glasmat Marine Batteries 2014 & 2015
NEW Teak cabin-top handrails 2011
- New bige blower 2015
- Engine water pump rebuilt 2015
- Engine controls re-located to starboard hip-height from helmsman ease of access; New wiring harness plus control panel and gauges including all wiring to controls; New fuel gauge and float 2014
- Water system upgrades 2015: relocated pressure pump from engine compartment to cabin locker, replaced all hoses and fittings to galley and hot water heater; replaced ice box drain foot pump with hand pump at galley sink; New shower; 2014, New galley faucet handles and spout; 2011: New head hoses and macerator pump.
NEW Rule submersible bilge pump 2009
NEW Paraloc no-kink jib sheets 2008
NEW main halyard 2007; jib halyards 2007, 2008
NEW line & halyard clutches, 2 doubles,1 single, 2007
NEW Harken traveler plus traveler line 2007
NEW Harken mainsheet rig and mainsheet plus traveler line and mainsheet 2007
NEW Boomkicker boomlift/vang (replaces topping lift) 2007
NEW Alternator 2007
NEW Racor fuel filter 2007
NEW “pack-less” shaft fitting 2007
NEW line-cutting “spurs” on shaft 2007
NEW head holding tank level monitor 2007
NEW Blake & Lavac manual vacuum Head 2007
NEW Life lines 2006
Hull Completely re-gelcoated with NEW rub rail 1999
Mast re-Awlgripped with most hardware replaced 1999
RECENT VHF with Ram Mic in cockpit
Forward is the Vee berth which sleeps two very comfortably with ample hanging and drawer space along with a nice shelf on both sides. The head is to port with a separate shower stall, pressure water to the basin and a mixing valve in the shower stall. Across to starboard is more hanging lockers and drawer space. Next aft is the settee with storage behind, above and below the seat. Across to port is a "U" shaped dinette that seats 6 and lowers to become a bunk for two. Directly aft is the nav station, electrical panel and a large Quarter berth which is cozy for two adults. Across and to starboard is the galley. The sole is teak and holly and is in great condition. The headliner is heavy fawn colored vinyl with zippers to access the overhead wiring.
The galley is well laid out with good counter space along with additional fold-away counter space. double stainless steel sink with pressure water, foot pump for both sea water and fresh water, an ice box with Norcold refrigeration. The CNG stove is a three burner with oven. There is good storage for dishes and food stuffs.
Raymarine fully integrated electronics and instruments package
- E80 GPS Chartplotter display with Navionics charts
- all data interfaced to display and charts, including radar
- E80 is mounted on a custom swing-away swivel arm, enabling the navigator to enter waypoints seated port or starboard with the helmsman in normal position
- ST4000 autopilot
- ST60 displays for compass, depth, boat speed, windspeed/direction on helm station plus ST60 multifunction repeater display facing cockpit;
- E80 GPS Chartplotter display with Navionics charts
all displays on Navpod AG225 pedestal
Standard Horizon VHF with ram-mike in cockpit
Questus backstay mount for Radar Dome Antenna
(2) NEW Interstate AGM glasmat Marine Batteries 2014 & 2015
30 amp shore power with cord
Guest Battery Charger 2003
- Solar panel with A/B switch for batteries
- Halsey-Full Batten Mainsail (Good Condition) updated 2013 with Rutgerson 1590 front-load batten fittings and cars
- Halsey-Aeroluf 135% Genoa NEW in 2000 (Good Condition)
- Halsey-110% jib 1986 (Good Condition)
- UK Sails-150% Genoa 1983 (Fair Condition)
- Original Mainsail (Fair-Good Condition)
- Sail Cover (Pacific Blue)
- Dodger (Pacific Blue)
- Bimini (Pacific Blue)
- Harken Roller Furling System
- Boomkicker vang/boomlift supplemented with 5-to-1 rigged Boom Vang
- Navtec Hydraulic Backstay Adjuster (rebuilt 2017)
- Barient self tailing winches
Deck & Cockpit
Stern rail storage mount board (Ipe) for dinghy OB. 2015: New cockpit small storage box with soft door in location formerly used for engine controls; 2011: New teak cabin-top handrails; 2006: starboard deck from shrouds aft fully re-cored with original non-skid retained and meticulously color-matched.
2015: New jib sheets; New primary jib halyard; 2013: New headstay 2007: New main halyard & Spectra jib halyard (secondary); New Harken traveler custom-bent; New all-Harken mainsheet rig and sheet; Boomkicker rigid rod vang to replace topping lift; all New line clutches, 2 double, 1 single.
- New Danforth Anchor 2017 with 20' chain & 125' rode
- CQR anchor
- Bilge Pump manual and electric
- Zodiac dinghy with Mercury outboard plus outboard mount on stern rail
- Fenders/Fender Boards
- Boat hook
- Fire Ext.
- Cockpit Cushions
- Teak Cockpit table
- Emergency tiller
- Radio / CD player with speakers both cabin and cockpit
- BBQ grill
- Winter Cover
- Zodiac 8.5' inflatable floor dinghy
- 3.3 hp two stroke outboard for dinghy
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.