1982 Sabre 28
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Topping, VA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 14,900 Tax Paid
The Sabre 28 is a small recreation keelboat, built predominantly of fiberglass, with extensive teak wood trim. It has a masthead sloop rig, a rake stern, vertical transom, skeg-mounted rudder controlled by an Edson Pedestal Steering Wheel and a swept fixed fin keel (4'3'' draft). 6' headroom in cabin.
The hull of the Sabre 28 is constructed of solid laminate fiberglass and polyester resin. The deck is balsa-cored for stiffness with plywood core at high stress areas such as winch mountings. The deck-to-hull joint uses an inward flange and is securely fastened with stainless steel bolts on approximately 6" centers. You will find the construction details of the Sabre 28’ among the best of any 28-foot production boat on the market. Secondary bonding and attachment of bulkheads and structural members is almost always flawless.
The boat was built in three versions by Sabre Yachts in the United States between 1971 and 1986, with a total of 588 built. Slow Go is hull # 510.
Sabre 28-1 (serial numbers 1-211) 1971-1976 with 211 built.
Sabre 28-2 (serial numbers 212-539) 1976-1982 with 327 built. - Slow Go is of this vintage.
Sabre 28-3 (serial numbers 540-588) 1983-1986 with 48 built.
The Sabre 28-2 has a PHRF racing average handicap of 201 with a high of 205 and low of 198. It has a hull speed of 6.4 kn (11.85 km/h).
Draft is just 4.30' making it an excellent Chesapeake bay boat that is also perfect for gunkholing and exploring the Bahamas/Caribbean.
- The upholstery and cabin sole are in excellent condition! This is a very clean, well-maintained vessel.
- 13-hp Westerbeke Diesel Engine makes this boat an excellent pocket-sized cruiser perfect for running up and down the ICW or jumping outside for passages to the islands in New England and Caribbean. She cruises at 6.4 knots. Recently serviced, runs great.
- 2-Burner Denatured Alcohol Stove - Perfect for cruising
- New Raymarine EV100 Wheel Pilot - Auto Pilot- (2020) Perfect for singlehanded and shorthanded sailing
- New Dodger - Ship's Tailor (2021)
- 2 New Fresh Water Pumps (Manual Foot Pumps) For Head & Galley Sinks (2021)
Please contact Lauren Mainguy at (804) 758-4457
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Roger Hewson
Flag of Registry: United States
Hull Shape: Other
LOA: 28 ft 0 in
Beam: 9 ft 2 in
LWL: 23 ft 8 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 3 in
Displacement: 7900 lbs Dry Load
Ballast: 3100 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 40 ft 0 in
Headroom: 6 ft 0 in
Dry Weight: 7900 lbs
Total Power: 13 HP
Engine Brand: Westerbeke
Year Built: 1982
Engine Model: W13 (2 Cylinder)
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: 2 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 13 HP
Cruising Speed: 6 knots @ 2200 RPM
Maximum Speed: 6 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 (30 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 (20 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 (22 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 2
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 1
Number of heads: 1
- Private V-Berth Forward
- Pull out Double Berth on Port Settee
- Single Berth on Starboard Settee
- Single berth in Aft Quarter Berth - Port
- Folding Dinette (half foldout for 2 and full fold out for 4)
- Fully Enclosed Head
- Galley w/ Ice Box
- SS Sink 30 Gal. Water Tank
- Denatured Alcohol Two Burner Stove
- 6' Cabin Headroom
- Two 12 Volt Batteries w/Charger
- 110 Shore Power w/ Cord
- 15 Amp Battery Charger
Electronics / Instrumentation
New Raymarine EV100 Wheel Pilot - Auto Helm (2020)
Signet Depth Sounder
Signet Knot Meter
Standard Horizon LTD VHF Radio
New Compass (2020)
Fuel Gauge in Cockpit
Battery Voltage Gauge in Cockpit
Sails & Rigging
- SS Sloop Rig
- Roller Furler - Headsail
- Battened Main Sail
- New Main Sail Cover (2019) Excellent Cond.
- 130% Roller Furling Genoa
- Asymmetrical North Sails Cruising Spinnaker
- Two Lewmar #30
- Three #16 Barlow
- Dodger (New in 2021)
- Boarding Ladder
- CG Safety Equipment
- One CQR 25 Anchors w/ Rode
- Additional Danforth 13 with Rode in Starboard Settee
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Regent Point Yacht Sales
34 MK II
Topping, VA, United States
Deltaville, VA, United States
26 - by JJ Taylor & Sons