1982 Islander 36
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Portland, OR
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 29,900
- Sale Pending
AMIGOS" is an Alan Gurney designed Islander 36 originally commissioned in Southern California in1982. We understand that her first owner sailed her to Hawaii and that she had one intervening owner before she was purchased by a U.S. Navy man then stationed in Hawaii. He used her primarily for day sailing there for a few years and then sailed her to Poulsbo, WA. He sold her to us in April, 2000 in anticipation of his being transferred. We renamed her to reflect the longtime friendship of her 2 owners and used her for occasional cruising in British Columbia and lower Puget Sound until November 2004. We then brought her to the Columbia River in Oregon. Since 2004 we have used her very little: one major cruise up the Columbia River in 2005, one short trip up the Washington coast in 2008, and occasional day and overnight sailing on the Columbia River. She is now docked at Riverplace Marina on the Willamette River in downtown Portland.
Due to Covid-19 we are asking that all boat showings are by appointment only with at least 48 hour notice. Please call or email to make an appointment.
Please contact Passion Yachts at (503) 289-6306
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Islander Yachts
Designer: Allen Gurney
LOA: 36 ft 1 in
Beam: 11 ft 2 in
LWL: 28 ft 3 in
Length on Deck: 36 ft 0 in
Displacement: 13600 lbs
Ballast: 5450 lbs
Headroom: 6 ft 4 in
Total Power: 42 HP
Engine Brand: Pathfinder
Year Built: 1982
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 42 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (54 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (32 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (12 Gallons)
- Beautiful Islander teak paneling and ample cabinets and storage, teak and holly sole, all in very good to excellent condition; chart table with drawer, shelf above, and folding seat. Original plaid upholstery in very good condition, again illustrating the light use over 32 years.
- CNG 3 burner stove with oven; in-service and spare tank in cockpit locker.
- Hot and cold pressure water and stainless sinks in galley and head; shower attachment in head; foot pump in galley. Water pump new in 2008 and hot water system (both AC and engine-driven) new in 2006; well-insulated ice box.
- Holding tank--all hoses and connections upgraded to premium quality in 2001.
- Webasto diesel forced air cabin heat new in 2000.
- AM/FM/CD Stereo with ipod connection new in 2008
- Kerosene lantern mounted on bulkhead.
- 150% genoa and main are the original McKibbin sails. They are in adequate river cruising condition, illustrating the light use and good maintenance they have had over 32 years. Smaller headsail in functional condition but no U/V protection.
- North asymmetrical spinnaker, new in 2000 and in like-new condition now.
- Harken lazy jack system, new in 2008.
- Profurl roller furling. Boom vang and new Garhauer traveler. Jiffy double reefing on mast.
- Winches: Barient 28 primaries and Barient 21 mainsheet, all self-tailing; mast mounted Barient 22 and Barient 21 for halyards.
- Spinnaker/whisker pole with track on mast and deck mounts.
- Binnacle compass
- Signet speed, wind, and depth (depth new in 2009)
- Raytheon RL 72 radar and 2 kw transmitter on gimbaled backstay mount new in 2000
- Vhf with masthead antenna--plus handheld unit
- Garmin 545s gps/chartplotter new in 2008, wired to feed Nobeltec on laptop at chart table; Garmin 152 new in 2000 retained as spare.
- EPIRB new in 2008
- Raytheon ST 3000 auto steering
- 3 AGM Group 25 batteries, 1 starting and 2 house, new in 2008. House batteries are located below cabin sole on top of bilge for optimum weight distribution and minimum transmission loss to windlass and washdown pump; 4-way battery switch; test meter.
- Masthead tri-light and deck level running lights new in 2008. LED bulb in tri-light.
- 30 amp shorepower cord for charger, hot water and AC outlets; breaker panel.
- 35 lb CQ anchor on bow roller. Horizon electric windlass in anchor locker on foredeck and 300' of high test chain rode in chain locker new in 2003. (300' of high test but low weight chain are very convenient in British Columbia waters.) Unused Fortress anchor with rope/chain rode stowed at stern.
- Dodger and other canvas new in 2001.
- Lots of upgrade/maintenance on steering, engine and electrical systems done in 2006-8.
- Stern pulpit-mounted rectangular propane bar-b-que new in 2008
- Cockpit cushions new in 2007.
- MOB pole new in 2008; worn lifesling horseshoe on stern pulpit.
- Folding teak table in cockpit.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.