1982 Custom Naumann & Dunbar Schooner
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Twin / Other
- Located In:
- Port Townsend, WA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 599,500
Don't miss this opportunity to own one of the most modern Cruising Schooner's on the market!
Singawing is a gorgeously designed and professionally upgraded Naumann & Dunbar 68’ Staysail Schooner. She received a Major Renovation in 2015/2016 modernizing her Propulsion, Wiring, Electronics, Decks, Safety and much more making her one of the most contemporary Schooners on the market today (details listed on the Spec Page). She is powered by twin ZF Sail Drives driven by a ReVision Marine Hybrid Propulsion System with a 1000 Nautical Mile Range!
ReVision Marine, based in Port Townsend, WA, is dedicated to bringing about a new paradigm in boating, offering energy efficient products and engineering solutions that transform the boating experience for both recreational and commercial vessels. The current owner of Singawing is one of three principle owners of ReVision Marine and Singawing showcases the companies engineering technology seamlessly. The Hybrid Propulsion System includes two ReVision Marine Sail Drive Systems that drive twin ZF Sail Drives, approximately 90 HP each, totaling 180 HP of propulsion. The Hybrid Propulsion System can be charged from Shore Power, Hydro Power and from a Diesel Generator. For Hydro Power, when under sail, the system provides regeneration by turning the propellers around to face forward which spins them in the opposite direction and charges the Lithium Battery bank back to full! This is the future of boating! Quiet sailing, quiet motoring with the ability to recharge the batteries onboard with no need to plug in! The vessel can motor for 15-25 Miles solely off the 50 KW Lithium Ion Battery Bank and with Solar, Hydro Regeneration and the 150 HP Volvo Penta Diesel Generator the range increases to 2000 Miles!
The vessel was built in Richmond B.C., Canada, and has a permanent Jones Act Waiver to legally Charter in the United States. The current owners have been successfully chartering the boat between Washington and Alaska since 2006. Singawing is completely equipped and ready for her next owners, to be used as a Charter Vessel or as an incredibly efficient and modern Private Yacht! The Charter Company, Great Bear Charters, is also available for sale to anyone interested in continuing the business.
Inside and out this vessel has been extremely well cared for and her Hybrid Propulsion System is the future of boating. The owners many investments into the vessel over their 15 years of ownership is obvious at every turn. This is an amazing opportunity to own a modernized Fiberglass Schooner that’s been owned and upgraded by professional mariners and electric propulsion specialists! Singawing is beautiful, comfortable, extremely seaworthy, turn-key and ready to voyage, quietly, wherever her next owners would like to go!
2020 Survey available by request.
Showings available by appointment, thank you!
Please contact Rob Sanderson at 360-316-9370
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Flag of Registry: United States
LOA: 68 ft 0 in
Beam: 16 ft 0 in
Length on Deck: 56 ft 0 in
Minimum Draft: 8 ft 0 in
Displacement: 68000 lbs
Ballast: 27000 lbs
Total Power: 180 HP
Engine Brand: UQM
Engine Model: PP100
Engine/Fuel Type: Other
Drive Type: Sail drive
Engine Power: 90 HP
Engine Brand: UQM
Engine Model: PP100
Engine/Fuel Type: Other
Drive Type: Sail drive
Engine Power: 90 HP
Cruising Speed: 7 knots
Maximum Speed: 9 knots
Number of single berths: 5
Number of double berths: 3
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2
Electrical Circuit: 12V
Major Renovation Details (2015/2016):
- Teak Decks and Subdeck Removed, Deck Re-Laminated with Fiberglass
- All Decks Insulated w/ Super High R Value Aerogels
- Hull and Cabin Re-Painted w/ Awlgrip
- Complete Vessel Re-Wire
- 3 New Pro-Furl Systems Installed for Mainsail and Headsails
- New Stainless Steel Rigging Wire Headstays
- New Lewmar Deck Hatches
- New Stainless Steel Tube Life Rails Around Vessel
- New Integral Fiberglass Diesel Fuel Tank
- (2) New Stainless Steel Water Tanks
- Complete Vessel Re-Plumb
- Engine Room Rebuilt to Accommodate New Electric Drive System
- New Regenautics Hybrid Proplusion Drive and Charging System
- New Revision Marine 300 Amp House Battery System
- New Dual Revision Marine Revolving Saildrive System Installed
- New Anko 50 KW Propulsion Battery Bank
- New Volvo Penta D-3 150HP Diesel Genset Installed w/ Electric Lift System to raise Genset in Salon Area for checks and maintenance
- New Outback 240 Volt Inverter w/ Balancing Transformer
- New Outback Solar Charging System w/ Dual Controllers
- New Interior and Exterior LED Lighting Systems
- New Cedar-Lined Closets & Tongue and Groove Overheads in All Cabins
- New Interior Cushions and Seats in Interior and Cockpit
- All Windows above Deck Line Replaced w/ High Polished Double Pane Thermal PCM Windows. Tempered on the Outside and Safety on Inside
- All Deck Hardware Replaced Including Cleats, Turning Blocks, Sail Tracks, Track Cars and Rope Clutches
- All Running Rigging Going Forward Installed Inside the Deck and Cabin House
- Hull: Fiberglass Laminate Hand Laid w/ Foam Insulation above the waterline
- Hull Fastenings: Stainless Steel
- Hull Frames: Fiberglass
- Ballast Keel: Encapsulated Lead/Iron
- Rudder: Fiberglass w/ Foam Core
- Keel Bolts: None
- Bulkheads: Plywood
- Chainplates: Stainless Steel
- Deck Material: Fiberglass and Plywood
- Sea Cocks: Bronze, 1/4 Turn Type
- Builder: Naumann & Dunbar Boatworks LLC, Richmond, B.C. Canada
- Twin Revision Marine Revolving Electric Saildrive Systems connected to (2) Volvo Sail Drive Units - each unit produces the equivalent of 90HP of thrust, when under sail the propellers rotate forward and charge the batteries while spinning = Regenerative Charging
- Range Under Battery Power: 15-25 Miles
- Range Under Hybrid Power: 1000 Nautical Miles
- More Hybrid Charging and Running Spec's:
- • Regenerative recharge time: 4 to 5 hours
• Shore power recharge time: 6 hours
• Solar power recharge: 40 hours
• Diesel electric recharge time: 1.25 hours underway
• Battery autonomy house loads: 10 days
• Battery autonomy with cabin heat: 2 days
• Stationary recharge time: 45 min
• Horse power: 260
• Kilowatts: 193900
• Electric top speed: 9.6 knots
• Battery storage: 50 kilowatt’s
• Decibels in saloon, electric mode: 55
• Decibels in saloon. diesel electric: 65
- (2) Spare Volvo Propellers
- New Reduction Gear (2020)
Auxillary Power System:
- Volvo Penta D-3 150HP Diesel Engine Generator, installed for sole purpose of charging the battery banks (New 2012)
- Recent Engine Service: New Computer, New Fuel System, Injectors and Fuel Pump (2019)
- System Integration: ReVision Marine
- Electrical Circuits: 12 VDC - 120/240 VAC
- Shore Power System: (1) 50 Amp VAC & (1) 30 Amp 110 VAC
- Inverter/Battery Charger: Dual Outback Charging 160 Amps at 13 VDC, 120/240 VAC w/ Balancing Tranformer M2012
- 2000 Watt DC to DC Converter for Servicing the House Bank. High Voltage (400V) to Low Voltage (12V)
- 1160 Watt Solar Array linked to 2 Outback MX60 Charge Controllers - Charges House Battery
- House Battery: (1) 300 Amp Hour Lithium Iron Phosphate
- Propulsion Battery: Anko 50 KW Lithium Ion Bank (7 Batteries in Series)
- GFCI Protected Duplex Outlets
- Electric Bilge Pumps: (3) Rule Automatic 2000 GPH
- Manual Bilge Pump
- High Water Alarm
- Chartplotter/Depthsounder/GPS/Radar: Garmin 5212 Multi-Function
- VHF Radio: (2) Garmin 300
- GPS: Garmin GPSMap 492 & Garmin GPS 3010C
- Radar: Garmin 24 NM
- AIS: Raymarine
- Compass: Sestral in Binnacle at Cockpit Helm Station
- Autopilot: (2) Garmin Autopilot and Robertson AP1000 Autopilot (Robertson currently disconnected and available for back-up)
- Rudder Angle Indicator
- Wind Speed & Direction: Garmin GMI 10
- Depthsounder: Standard Horizon
- Ship's Clock and Barometer: Stockburger Quartz
- Handheld VHF
- WiFi: 5 WiFi and Onboard Cellular WiFi when in range
- 70 Mile Niles Cell Phone Signal Booster
Sails and Rigging:
- Sail Area: 2000 Sq Ft
- Sails: All built by Northwest Sails and are in Good Condition. In-Mast Furling Main, Furling Fore-Staysail, Club-Footed Furling Staysail, Yankee, Fisherman, and Old Back-up Fisherman (Fair Condition)
- Mainsail Furling System: Hood Yacht Sea Furl In-Mast
- Headsail Roller Furling System: (2) Hood Sea Furl II
- Roller Furling, Sheeting and Out-Hauls Buried in Cabin Side Channels
- Canvas: Cockpit Full Enclosure and Various Covers
- Winches: Electric Harken 900 UniPower Winch, Lewmar #55 Self-Tailing Primary's, (4) Lewmar #30 Self-Tailing
- Standing Rigging: 3/8" & 5/16" Stainless Steel 1x19 Rigging Wire, Recently Inspected by Professional Rigging Company
- (2) Hydraulic Wheel Steering Helms: (1) Inside Helm Station in Main Salon, (1) Outside Helm Station in Center Cockpit
- Fuel Tanks: (2) Tanks Totaling 305 Gallons. (1) Integral Tank in Main Bilge Area, (1) Aluminum Tank Aft in Keel. Both tanks have inspection ports.
- Water Tanks: (3) Tanks Totaling 335 Gallons = (2) Stainless Steel 100 Gallon (New 2016) and (1) Integral Fiberglass 135 Gallon in the Keel which doubles as Keel Cooler for Propulsion, Refrigeration and HVAC Systems.
- Holding Tanks: (2) Tanks Totaling 75 Gallons. Both Fiberglass.
Galley and Cabin:
- Hydronic On-Demand Hot and Cold Water Pressure System plumbed throughout vessel
- Galley Stove: Force 10 LPG 4-Burner w/ Oven
- Microwave: Sharp Carousel
- Refrigerator: Glacier Bay Freezer & Refrigeration System
- Watermaker: PUR PowerSurvivor 80 (80 Gallons/Day). Included but not installed.
- Cabin Heat: Cruise Air TWC 3600, 50,000 BTU Reverse-Cycle Hydronic Heat Pump Radiant Heating and Cooling System
- Marine Sanitation Devices: (2) Fully Automatic Tecma Electric Flushing Toilets
- Washer/Dryer Combo Unit: LG
- Continuous Hot Water System for Extended Needs (i.e. Showering, Dishes etc.)
Anchor System and Ground Tackle:
- Anchor Windlass: Nilsson H3000 12VDC
- Anchor & Rode #1: 70lb Rocna D40 w/ 200' 1/2" Chain and 300' 3/4" Rope Rode
- Anchor & Rode #2: 130lb CQR w/ 400' 3/8" Chain
Fire Fighting Equipment:
- Automatic Fire Suppression System (New 2020)
- (7) ABC Portable Fire Extinguishers
- Fixed System: Halon
- LPG Propane Safety Equipment: Solenoid Shutoff and Fume Detector
- LPG Tank Storage: Aft Vented Deck Locker
Singawing’s decks and side-decks are very well laid out with lots of room to maneuver fore and aft and many flat cabin house areas to relax underway. The entire vessel is surrounded with Stainless Steel Tube Lifelines providing a very secure feeling onboard. The Main, Fore-Sail, Stay-Sail and Genoa are all self-furling and are controlled from the cockpit with a Harken Electric Power Winch and Lewmar Self-Tailing Winches. All running rigging leading forward is “buried” out of the way in the cabin side eliminating tripping hazards on the side-decks. The aft deck is large with a comfortable bench on the stern to sit and enjoy the ride as the boat quietly sails or motors for the horizon.
The Center Cockpit is fully enclosed and comfortable with 360 degree visibility. All sail controls are at arm’s reach in the Cockpit. There are two steering stations aboard, the varnished wheel pedestal helm in the Center Cockpit and a separate Steering Station down below forward of the Salon. In the Center Cockpit there is a full suite of sailing instruments, including a multi-function Garmin Chart Plotter/Radar/AIS/Depth/Speed as well as a display for the ReVision Marine Hybrid Propulsion System to monitor power underway.
Entering the Main Cabin through the etched glass companionway takes you down a curved stairway with a Stainless Steel Railing into the Main Salon. To Port is a large L-Shaped Settee with a varnished Dining Table that extends to fit several people comfortably. Above the L-Shaped Settee is a Pilot Berth. Forward on the bulkhead is a large Book Shelf and storage. To starboard is a comfortable Double Seat Settee with a 1941 US Navy Mark I Compass inset between the two seats, as well as a Ship’s Clock and Barometer fixed above it. Above the settee is a Pilot Berth with storage below. The Salon area is very spacious and has fantastic natural lighting through large port-lights, windows and overhead hatches as well as LED Light Fixtures throughout.
The entire vessel is heated by a 50,000 BTU Hydronic Boiler. The Heating System includes On-Demand Hot Water, individual Climate Control within each space and Heated Towel Racks and Cockpit to stay comfortable and dry.
Then Engine Room is located under the cabin sole in the Salon and includes a Battery Bank forward, a Diesel Generator in the middle, which automatically raises and lowers from the Salon floor for maintenance with the push of a button, and the main engine room aft in the Salon located under a hydraulic assisted floorboard hatch. The entire system is very accessible and extremely well laid out for any maintenance and system checks.
The Interior Steering Station is located in the starboard forward corner of the the Salon to with a telescoping Captains Chair, very good visibility and a multi-function Garmin Chart Plotter/Radar/AIS/Depth/Speed as well as Power Monitoring Displays.
The Galley is located just aft of the Salon on the portside. There is great natural lighting from port-lights and well-lit LED lighting in the Galley as well. A long counter-space provides room for meal preparation and there are many cabinets, drawers and cubbies for food and plate-ware storage. Galley appliances include a Force 10 4-Burner Propane Stove and Oven, a Stainless Steel Double Sink with Hot and Cold Pressure Water, a large vertical Glacier Bay Refrigerator (with a deep freezer located across from the Navigation Station) and a Microwave.
Going forward from the Salon, down a few steps to a passageway, takes you to a double berth to starboard with a privacy curtain and lots of storage in cubbies and cabinets. All storage closets throughout the vessel are Cedar lined with bright LED lighting!
To port is the guest head with an Electric Toilet, a Hydronic Towel Drying Rack, a Shower Stall and a Counter and Sink connected to the Hot and Cold Pressure Water System. There is also great lighting and storage in cabinets and drawers.
The Forward Cabin is located at the end of the passageway through a privacy door and hosts a large Double Berth to port with a folding step for entering, a leather seat forward and a large Hanging Closet and storage cabinets and drawers to starboard. There is great lighting throughout from LED fixtures as well as port-lights and overhead hatches.
A Sail Locker and Storage Area is forward of the Forward Cabin through a doorway that can also be accessed from up on deck through an opening overhead hatch.
Passing aft through the Salon on the starboard side, down a few steps, takes you to the Navigation Station with a very comfortable bench seat for relaxing as you plan your next day’s voyage. There is also good storage in the Navigation Station area above and below. Across from the Navigation Station is a large Deep Freezer as well as a Cedar lined Storage/Utility Closet.
Continuing aft from the Navigation Station takes you into the Master Cabin. The Master Cabin hosts a large Queen Berth, two Pilot Berths, leather seats/steps on either side of the berth, Hanging Lockers and good storage in cabinets and drawers, and incredible lighting and views through the many port-lights and overhead hatches as well as great lighting from the LED fixtures.
The Master Head is located just off of the Master Cabin on the portside. The Master Head has an Electric Toilet, a beautifully done Counter Top and Sink, a Large Mirror, great lighting and a separate Shower Stall with an Hydronic Towel Drying Rack.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Port Townsend Boat Company
Ortholan Motorsailor Ketch
Oak Harbor, WA, United States
Port Townsend, WA, United States
Port Hadlock, WA, United States
Port Hadlock, WA, United States