1982 Nautor Swan 371
- View Full Specifications
Extensively refitted/ updated
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Genoa, Italy
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- EUR 85,000 Tax Paid (US$ 93,883)
Extensively updated 3-owner Ron Holland Swan 371. Hull No.72 of the fleet and lovingly maintained and updated throughout her life. Recent new decks and all new electronics are just a few of her many highlights.
The Ron Holland designed Swan 371 was one of Nautor's most successful boats, with 87 built between 1979 and 1986, following on from S&S designed Swan 38 and preceding the Frers Swan 36. Arguably one of the most instantly recognisable ‘Swans’, the 371 was created during Nautor’s heyday and was instrumental in placing the Finnish yard at the very top end of production yacht manufacture.
In her current ownership since 2010, LEONIDAS 3 (ex “FENIX”) has just three owners in her lifetime, all of whom have cared for her and updated her required. Her most notable upgrades include:-
- New Brunton feathering propeller giving approx 1.5 knots addition cruising speed
- New Raymarine electronics with twin WiFi plotters
- Iridium GO satellite phone
- AIS transceiver
- Recent teak deck
- New sails
- New hydraulic backstay
- New vang
- Overhauled engine electrics
For the sailor seeking a very solid, safe and extremely graceful ‘classic’ ocean cruiser with minimal costs of upkeep and the surety of admiring glances in all marinas and anchorages, LEONIDAS 3 is the perfect solution.
It was the intention of the design commission for the new Swan 371 to produce a yacht with the necessary volume that would allow the accommodations to contain a serious private aft cabin arrangement. This was to be achieved without sacrifice to sailing or handling characteristics. While this is a tall order, those of us present at the sailing trails were in unanimous agreement that the objective was achieved and both the design team and the builders could be very satisfied.
- RCD Status: Our understanding is that the yacht is exempt from the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) as she was built and placed into use within the EU prior to 1998.
- GRP laminate hull construction
- The hull is built of single skin construction. A high proportion of the fibres are unidirectional, giving a stiff laminate with excellent strength and fatigue properties.
- Foam core stringers,
- White gelcoat with dark blue striping
- Hull epoxy treated - 2010
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- GRP deck with divinycell foam core
- Teak laid decking – replaced 2010
- Teak in cockpit
Keel & Rudder:
- The fin keel with keel ballast is cast lead alloyed with antimony.
- Cast-in keel bolts are of high-tensile stainless steel.
- Rudder - Foam-filled fibre glass constructed with a high tensile tubular stainless steel stock
Engine & gearbox:
- Bukh DV20ME 20hp 4-stroke 2-cylinder diesel engine – 1982 (overhauled 2009)
- ZF Reduction gearbox with shaft drive (shaft connection overhauled 2012)
- Self adjusting pitch Brunton propeller – under order 2017
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine hours – approx 2,500 as of March 2018 (to be confirmed)
- Engine overhauled - 2009
- Engine electrics overhauled - 2016
Propulsion & Steering:
- Nautor Swan wheel steering with stainless steel helm wheel
- Brunton feathering propeller – 2017
- 12vDC primary domestic system with 12vDC starting circuit and 220v AC via shorepower.
- 1x 12vDC engine start battery – 2017
- 2x 12vDC service batteries - 2015
Charging / Inverter:
- Victron 220vAC battery charger
- 12vDC engine mounted alternator
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
- Pressurised hot & cold water pressure system with 12vDC Flowjet pressure pump
- Water heated via engine driven calorifier with 220v AC immersion element in well-insulated hot water tank (tank replaced 2016)
- 2 x Whale manual bilge pumps
- 140 litres fuel capacity in 1x stainless steel fuel tank
- 250 litres water capacity in 2x stainless steel water tanks
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
- Raymarine e7 HybridTouch colour LCD GPS chart plotter with WiFi – 2011
- Raymarine autopilot - 2011
- 3x Raymarine i70 multi function displays – 2011
- Raymarine speed, depth and wind transducers - 2011
- Suunto steering compass
At Chart Table:
- Raymarine e7 HybridTouch colour LCD GPS chart plotter with WiFi – 2011
- Remote control for plotters and autopilot - 2011
- AIS transceiver connected to plotter – 2011
- Navtex ICS Nax4 Plus
- VHF with DSC – 2011
- Iridium GO satellite telephone system with external antenna and WiFi hotspot – 2015
- Alpes stainless steel gimballed stove with 3x burners and oven – 2002
- Frigoboat 12vDC refrigerator - 2003
- Baby Blake manual marine heads
- Hot & cold shower with electric pump out (pump replaced 2011)
Heating & Ventilation:
- Webasto diesel fired hot air cabin heating system
- Sony radio/CD player with speakers in saloon and cockpit - 2003
Summary of Accommodation:
- Up to 9 berths in twin cabin forward, owner’s cabin aft with double and single berths, saloon settee seating to port and starboard and outboard pilot berths to port and starboard. Single heads forward.
- Teak interior joinery - revarnished in 2004
- Teak and holly cabin sole.
- Beige Alcantara upholstery – 2002
- Nautor synthetic countertops
Accommodation layout from Forward:
- Twin berths on fold-up pipecots with bin stowage beneath.
- Hanging lockers and stowage cupboards aft opposite heads.
- Manual Baby Blake heads
- Washbasin with mirror
- Settee seating to port and starboard
- Pilot berths above and outboard to port and starboard
- Drop leaf table on centreline with storage in top
- L-shaped galley aft of saloon to port.
- Sinks inboard adjacent to companionway.
- Top opening refrigerator.
- Stove with crash-bar.
- Stowage in lockers, drawers and cupboards
- Forward facing chart table aft to starboard
- Chart table seat
- AC/Dc panel
- Double berth to port.
- Single berth to starboard.
- Hanging locker forward.
- Storage locker for small items.
- Nautor keel-stepped masthead-rigged mast with two sets of inline spreaders.
- Mast painted white – circa 2010
- Stainless steel rod standing rigging
- Selden rod vang – 2017
- Hydraulic backstay adjuster - 2013
- Babystay with tension adjuster
- Aluminium rigging screw protectors
- Adjustable mainsheet track at bridgedeck
- Mainsheet system with dedicated winch
- Control lines led aft to bridgedeck Spinlock clutches and halyard winches
- Reckman genoa furler
- Genoa tracks
- White painted spinnaker pole with hide wear protector – deck stowed
- Equipment for gennaker
- I: 14,25 m; J: 4,57 m; P: 12,50 m; E: 3,66 m
- 2x Lewmar 48ST 2-speed self-tailing primary winches
- 2x Lewmar 42 2-speed spinnaker winch winches
- 2x Lewmar 42 2-speed halyard winches
- 1x Lewmar 30ST 2-speed self-tailing mainsheet winch
- Aurora Sails Dacron battened mainsail – 2015
- Aurora Sails Dacron furling genoa – 2015
- Various North Sails jibs and genoas from late 1990’s and 2000’s
- 2x Quantum Sails symmetric spinnakers - 2003
- Asymmetric spinnaker - 2000
- Stainless steel pulpit, pushpit and guardrails stanchions
- Twin wire guardrails
- Dorade pulpits forward of mast and adjacent to companionway
- Cockpit table
- Deckhead hatch and portlight glazing replaced 2010
- Deck prism
- Bathing ladder
Anchoring & Mooring:
- 12vDC electric windlass – 2011
- 25kgs CQR anchor with 40m chain plus warp
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
- Pram-style sprayhood – dark blue
- Mainsail cover - dark blue - 2011
- Winter cover for the whole boat - 2008
Tender & Outboard:
- Inflatable dinghy
- Honda 4-stroke outboard engine
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
- 6-man liferaft – 2015 – requires servicing
- Flare pack (date unknown and not warranted)
- First aid kit
- Fire extinguishers (dates unknown and not warranted)
Lying Genoa Italy
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead Broker: Michele Antonini – Grabau International (Italia)
Tel: +39 333 74 89 281 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Alex Grabau at +44(0)1590 673715
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Nautor Swan
Designer: Ron Holland
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 11.28 m
Beam: 3.46 m
LWL: 9.06 m
Minimum Draft: 2.07 m
Maximum Draft: 2.07 m
Displacement: 7300 kgs
Ballast: 2586 kgs
Total Power: 20 HP
Engine Brand: Bukh
Engine Model: DV20ME
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 2500
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 20 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: Stainless steel (250 Liters)
Fuel Tanks: Stainless steel (140 Liters)
Number of single berths: 5
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
Number of bathrooms: 1
Wind speed and direction
Fully battened mainsail
Manual bilge pump
Shore power inlet
Electrical Circuit: 12V
Outboard engine brackets
Total Liferaft Capacity: 6
Grabau International (Italia) offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International (Italia) provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Dedicated client accounts provided by stakeholder Grabau International Limited are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.