1982 Formosa 51 Ketch
- View Full Specifications
Ready to Cruise!
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Charleston, SC
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 136,000
The Formosa 51's, designed by William Garden, have earned a solid reputation as one of the finest, safest, and most comfortable cruising yachts to be found around the world. Private Island is a fine example and will serve her new owners well as a wonderful live-aboard or world cruiser. Be sure to click on full specs to see all she has to offer.
Some highlights of Private Island:
- Powered by the extremely reliable Ford Lehman 120 with 1,800 hours
- Westerbeke 8kW genset and 2500w inverter provides power away from marinas
- Teak decks removed, new aluminum fuel tanks, upgraded rigging
- Simply rigged with furlers on jib, staysail, and main
- Extremely spacious accommodations for 8, a grand salon, and hand carved and fitted teak throughout
- 3 A/C units, 40gph water-maker, remodeled galley
- Fresh bottom paint September 2018
Click on full specs for more information.
For more information contact email@example.com or 843-810-1156.
Please contact Randy Warren at 8432568900
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 61 ft 0 in
Beam: 14 ft 1 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 4 in
Displacement: 56000 lbs
Ballast: 12000 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 65 ft 0 in
Total Power: 120 HP
Engine Brand: Ford
Year Built: 1983
Engine Model: Lehman 120
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1787
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 120 HP
Cruising Speed: 6 knots @ 1700 RPM
Fresh Water Tanks: Plastic (240 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: Aluminum (225 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: Plastic (65 Gallons)
Number of double berths: 4
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 2
Upon entering the boat you are greeted by the grand salon that extends the full beam of the boat and has plenty of natural light provided by fixed windows and bronze portholes.To port in the main salon is a large dining settee which seats eight people with a wood/coal burning heater just aft. To starboard is a long L-shaped settee running the full length of the salon with the navigation station at the forward end of the settee. The port side dining table moves to starboard to make a double berth.
The master stateroom is aft with a large centerline king bed. Hanging lockers, drawers, and shelving are found throughout, providing abundant storage. The master bath is to starboard with a full size stand up shower, head, vanity, and sink. All new windows rebed in 2017.
The guest stateroom, forward, is designed with two separate berths, which have a divider that can be opened to provide one large forward suite with private head and shower. Guests truly have their own private quarters.
A 40" Emerson LCD TV and Sony AM/FM/CD stereo receiver provide entertainment. All lighting has been converted to LED throughout the cabin and staterooms.
- New tile countertops (2016)
- Dickinson 3 burner stove (new 2017)
- Double stainless steel sinks with pressure water or foot-pump water (both sea-water and fresh-water)
- Adler Barber 12v refrigerator with freezer (new in 2017)
- Large Icebox is adjacent to refrigerator/freezer and remains cool
- Under cabinet lighting
- Ventilated teak cabinetry
- Well-placed hand-holds throughout
Engines and Mechanical
- Powered by the extremely reliable Ford Lehman 120 with 1800 hours. New Racor fuel filter system 2018.
- 3-blade bronze prop and 2" SS shaft
- Fuel tanks replaced with aluminum in 2003. 150gal main and 75 gal aux tank.
- Westerbeke 8kW generator with 1500 hrs.
- (3) Cruise-air A/C units. Fwd 7k BTU, Aft 12k BTU, Salon 16k BTU (new in 2017)
- (2) Groco commercial heads, with a 65 gallon holding tank with macerator pump, and the ability to pump out, either at a pump-out facility or, when at sea, directly overboard.
- New plumbing throughout with charcoal filter for taps, 240 gallon water tank
- 10gallon hot water heater (new in 2015)
- 40gph Cruise RO Watermaker (new in 2017)
- (2) Automatic bilge pumps with float switches
- (1) Manual electric sump pump
- (1) Manual bilge pump
- Several spare parts for engine, genset, and other systems
Sails and Rigging
Major refit of all rigging done in 1996.
- Rondal aluminum mast with in-mast furling
- 9/16” standing rigging with Norseman terminals
- Autofurl by Pro Furl for both staysail and jib
- All sheets and furling lines run to the cockpit for short-handed sailing
- Sails approximately 13 years old
- 840 amp, 12v house battery bank system (Bank 2 new in 2018)
- 8kw Westerbeke generator with separate starter battery
- Xantrex Freedom 2500 inverter/charger (new in 2010)
- New 200 amp alternator allows for sufficient charging of the house bank and use of 110V while underway, without having to run the generator
- 4D main engine starting battery connected with the house battery bank to permit use and/or charging from the engine, generator or shore power.
- Over the years, the boat has been completely rewired. This includes both the 12v and the 110v system.
- Raymarine 9" touchscreen chartplotter with 24 mile radar (new in 2017)
- Raymarine S3G Autopilot (new in 2017)
- Ray Marine ST60 Depth
- Icom M504VH at nav station (new in 2017)
- Icom VHF at helm (new in 2017)
Hull and Deck
- Solid fiberglass hull, full keel, and skeg-hung rudder
- Teak decks removed and fiberglassed
- Kato Marine dinghy davits (new in 2016)
- 81 lb. Delta anchor with 300’ of 3/8” chain
- 35 lb. Danforth anchor with 150’ of chain plus 7/8" line
- Heavy-duty stainless steel bow pulpit
- 2500 lb. Muir electrical windlass
- New lifelines (2002)
- Several coats of varnish on all teak over past few years
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
cheap and easy