1981 Pearson 424 Sloop
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Stuart, FL
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 37,500
This is a wholesale style offering of this vessel.
Please read entire listing plus the Additional Specs before contacting us.
Second price reduction since listed just made this deal even better.
The Pearson 424 is one of the most sought after cruising vessels of all time and this could be an opportunity for someone with a limited budget to own one if they are willing to accept a great boat that has been in storage a while.
In 2010 this vessel was fitted with new: sails, rigging, electronics, inverter/charger, solar, V Drive, a lot of rewiring, all under water thru hull replaced and so much more to prepare for long distance cruising.
It was enjoyed for a couple of years to prove out all the new gear and then the boat was went into out of the water, outside storage, where it remained plugged in, dehumidifier running, for 6 plus years.
In January of 2020 it was taken out of storage and the following work done: Hull and topsides washed, bottom painted, interior cleaned, engine fully serviced and started, old fuel removed, and most systems checked to see if they operate.
Many systems powered up and the engine ran well at that time but no claims are being made at to there operating condtion. The boat is still out of the water so some systems have yet to be tested. The exterior condition is fair at best.
⇒Please read special conditions of sale listed below before calling or contacting us.⇐
Please read all details before inquiring.
- Vessel is being offered "As Is Where Is". That means the boat is being sold as it sits and may or may not be made ready for sea trials or surveys.
- Vessel must be viewed by prospective Buyer before an offer is made. No exceptions.
- All out of the water and interior photos were taken between March 2020
- The boat arrived at the marina in 2011 under its own power the engine was serviced and started in March 2020.
- The vessel is out of the water so prospective buyers can inspect the bottom. No blisters showing at this time. New bottom paint 2/2020
- Sails were stored off the boat in air conditioning.
- Vessel can remain in storage for as long as needed at current location at Buyer's expense post sale.
- The vessel is in a do-it-yourself work yard so you can do all your own work or use the marina's professional service staff.
- Owner financing is not available on this vessel.
- Some electronics in cockpit are weathered and may need replacing.
- Many would choose to do additional topside and hull side detailing and or paint work.
- Many systems may require deferred maintenance caused by being off line for multiple years.
- Remember buyers should expect they will need to make financial investments which is why it is being offered well below market.
- The scope of this work required will be different for each buyer.
ALL OUT OF THE WATER PHOTOS TAKEN MARCH 2020
PLEASE VISIT THE “FULL SPECS” FOR MORE DETAILS.
Note: We have been aboard every boat we represent. If the person you are corresponding with has never been aboard this vessel, and lacks firsthand knowledge and details on your very first inquiry, you are not speaking with the listing broker(s).
For more information please call 772.597.0707.
Do to the volume of traffic and the complexity of the offering calling is the recommended way to correspond with us on this listing.
Showings are by appointment only so please call in advance.
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Pearson Yachts
Designer: Bill Shaw
LOA: 42 ft 4 in
Beam: 13 ft 0 in
LWL: 33 ft 8 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 3 in
Displacement: 21000 lbs
Ballast: 7634 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 48 ft 10 in
Headroom: 6 ft 4 in
Total Power: 60 HP
Engine Brand: Westerbeke
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Drive Type: V Drive
Engine Power: 60 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (100 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (80 Gallons)
Number of heads: 2
As you descend the aft companionway steps from the large and spacious cockpit you step into the Aft Stateroom w. the Nav Station to starboard and Pullman berth to port.
The private aft stateroom features a large Pullman berth to port, hanging locker and great ventilation through two opening ports and the companionway. The accommodations are complete and comfortable.
- Privacy door to main cabin
- Large Pullman double berth
- Stowage lockers under
- Hanging locker
- Two opening ports plus overhead hatch
- Varnished teak & holly sole
To port in the aft stateroom is the nav station with large nav table, A/C D/C electrical panels, electronics, and chart stowage drawer beneath the settee. Plot the course of your dreams from this well thought out station.
- Large table with tray storage under
- Nav light display
- Electronics cabinet w. master AC-DC electrical panels
- Owner installed equipment (see Electronics)
- Chart stowage drawer beneath settee
Forward of the Nav Station is the Aft Head. With marine head, sink, vanity and shower.
Forward of the aft stateroom is the well appointed galley with wonderful countertop space, multiples of drawers and lockers, large top loading refrigeration box, 3 burner stove with oven, double stainless steel sinks, and well thought out touches that make time in the galley feel effortless.
- Large wrap-around design
- Formica surfaces
- Teak sea rails on all edges
- Top loading 12v Refrigeration
- Gimbaled three-burner Stainless Steel LPG stove with oven w. lift off cover and stainless steel guardrail w. harness hooks.
- Pot and pan locker under stove
- Double stainless steel sink
- Hot & cold pressure water tap
- Deluxe teak dish rack & cutlery drawers
- Large storage areas above & below counter
Forward of the galley is the large and open main salon. The salon's facing, pull-out settees, allow for warm, friendly, face to face conversation. The storage below and behind them let you bring along everything you need and even a little you don't. Enjoy a proper meal with friends on the large dining table. 6'4" headroom throughout the vessel.
- Marine Air Conditioning
- Interior Cushions and Upholstery (2010)
- Pullout double settee berth to port
- Single settee berth to starboard
- Teak cabinets & bookshelves outboard of both settees
- Large stowage areas behind & under each settee
- Deluxe drop leaf table (w. bottle stowage)
- Unobstructed wide varnished teak & holly sole
- Large overhead hatch
- Numerous opening ports
- Deck vents
- Overhead hand rails
- Entrance from forward companionway mid ship starboard
- Teak bulkheads, cabinetry, and trim with hand-rubbed finish
- Teak louvered cabin & locker doors
- Teak & holly sole in main salon, and forward & aft cabins with varnish finish
Forward of the salon is the head with separate shower area featuring a large vanity, stainless sink, storage cabinets, and easy to clean shower area.
- Electric drain pump
- Teak trim
- Curtain on track
- Large vanity with polished stainless steel sink
- Storage cabinets
- Opening port
Forward of the head is the private forward stateroom featuring a large 6'6" V-berth, hanging locker, shelving, plus great lighting and ventilation from two opening ports and an opening overhead hatch. After a long day of sailing, or just some fun relaxing in the sun, the forward stateroom is a great place to rest and recharge for the exciting day ahead.
- Privacy doors to salon & head compartment.
- Large double V-berth w. full-length teak shelves outboard
- Large stowage lockers under V-berth
- Hanging locker w. shelf over
- Two opening ports plus overhead hatch.
- Deck vent, varnished teak and holly sole
Electronics: All electronics were installed new in 2010
- Furuno Nav Net GPS Plotter w. Radar
- Simrad Auto Pilot
- ICOM VHF w. DSC
- Simrad Wind, Speed, Depth
- Ritchie Compass
- ICOM SSB w. Tuner
- Radio Stereo System
- Interior & Cockpit Speakers
- NOTE: Electronics are not guaranteed to all be working.
- (1) Group 27 Battery for Engine NEW 2020
- (4) 6v Flooded Batteries for House Bank
- Trace 2KW Inverter/Charger NEW 2010
- Battery Charger
- Battery Monitor
- Solar Panel w. Controller
- Deluxe electric panels NEW 2010
- Four-way battery switch
- AC 30 amp dockside power system
- Circuit breakers for DC & AC systems
- DC & AC gauges
- Battery test system
- Numerous interior outlets
- Numerous 12V interior lamps and three courtesy lamps
- Much of the boat was rewired in 2010 with UL approved marine, pretinned color coded wiring
- High-intensity running lights
- High Capacity Water Maker (Pickled since 2010)
- 6 Gal. Water heater
- Pressure water system
- Hot & cold water tap in galley & head
- LPG stove system w. remote solenoid shutoff
- 2- Marine heads with, direct overboard discharge or bypass valve into holding tank
- Size of holding tank unknown
- 100 gallon (US) fresh water tank w. deck fill
- 80 gallon (US) fuel tank w. shutoff valve, deck fill
- Deck fittings for water, fuel, waste - stainless steel w. deck key
- Electric bilge pump w. auto switch integral w. master panel
- Manual bilge pump
- Shower drain pump
- UL approved bronze flanged seacocks on all thru-hulls below waterline ALL REPLACED 2010
The large aft cockpit is perfect for entertaining, relaxing and commanding the vessel. The helm is well laid out with engine controls and electronics in easy reach. The hinged cockpit table is great for entertaining guests or for a romantic cocktail hour as the sun slips below the horizon.
- Bimini and Dodger Panels (may need replacement soon)
- Cockpit Cushions
- Stainless steel wheel
- Engine controls
- Hinged cockpit table
- Emergency tiller w. storage brackets
- Pedestal mounted compass
- Teak floor grate
The deck layout is functional and easy to traverse making moving about under sail or at anchor safe and effortless. While at anchor the davit setup allows for easy deployment and storage utilizing davits.
At the dock, under sail, or at anchor, this vessel's topsides have all you need to enjoy every moment.
- 35# Delta self-launch anchor
- 200' 3/8" Anchor Chain
- 33# Bruce Anchor w/Chain & Rode
- Welded stainless steel double bow rail & stern rail
- Stainless Steel Stanchions
- Custom Stern Arch w. built in davits
- Double lifelines w. side gates
- Full-length teak cabin top hand rails
- Stern gate w. quick release hook
- Two stainless steel anchor rollers w. chocks and hinged deck pipes to forepeak
- Four mooring cleats
- Two spring line cleats
- Chocks & stainless steel chafe guards
- Ten opening ports
- Two deck hatches - NEW Lens 2020
- Three deck ventilators (dorade type) w. screens
- Large forepeak with overhead deck pipes, drain to bilge, and center divider
- Contoured cockpit seats 7 1-2' feet long
- Coaming storage boxes and bins
- Seat hatches with hasps and locks
- Molded fiberglass sliding companionway hatch w. sea hood
- Companionway drop boards of solid teak
Sails and Rigging
Keel stepped Ocean Series anodized Mast (Sloop Rig)
Sails and Rigging:
- All Sails NEW 2010 w. very little use stored in Air Cond. storage for multiple years
- Fully Batten Main
- Stack Pack
- 130 Furling Genoa
- Standing Rigging NEW 2010
- Lazy Jacks
- Genoa gear, including tracks, blocks, sheets and furling system
- Lewmar Ocean Series halyard winches NEW 2010
- (2) 2-speed sheet winches
- Dual single line "Auto Reefing" system for double set of reef points led to cockpit
- Midboom sheeting for unobstructed cockpit & dodger installation
- Main sheet traveler w. 4:1 control system
- Adjustable topping lift
- Adjustable back stay
The well maintained Westerbeke diesel has enjoyed care and maintenance and powers the vessel nicely when the sails are stowed.
- 60 hp Westerbeke four-cylinder, fresh water cooled, diesel
- Full annual service 2020
- V Drive replaced 2010
- Rubber isolation mounts on reinforced fiberglass bed with integral oil drip pan
- 3-blade feathering prop
- Racor fuel filter / water separator
- Sound control in engine compartment
- Gasketed access cover and doors
- Bronze engine intake strainer
- Recessed cockpit instrument panel w. electric tachometer, fuel gauge, and engine monitoring & warning system
- Engine control mounted on pedestal
- (2)Fire Extinguishers
- (6) Life Jackets
- Prowell Feathering Prop
- Stainless Steel Dingy Davits
Written copy and photos contained in this listing are the sole property of Listing Broker excluding information or photos provided by the manufacturer or seller. Any reproduction in part or as a whole without written permission is prohibited.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.