1981 Formosa 44
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Langkawi, Malaysia
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 99,000
Sold to her present owner by YBC in 2018, he immediately began an expensive refit. The standing rigging is all new, a complete new stainless steel pulpit, a new teak caprail and all new teak in the cockpit just for starters. Batteries and electronics came next with new chartplotter, new charging components etc etc..
The extensive polished teak interior, open saloon layout, private cabins, and high white deck heads make the boat a comfortable well appointed liveaboard with a charming traditional feel.
An open galley and "L" shaped dining area in the main saloon are ideal for entertaining and afford ample stowage; all upholstery, carpet, and seat covers are in excellent condition.
Forward of the saloon a large and ornately crafted teak desk and chart table afford a comfortable and spacious work area. Two single bunks with neat and well made roll out lee cloths provide expansive storage space, both upon and within the berths.
Two cabins, forward and aft, feature double berths with ample head room, tall wardrobe, vanished shelving and paneling, and are well lit by the heavy bronze opening portholes that line either side of the vessel.
Her large stainless steel tankage and watermaker allow Rolling Home a wide range of exploration. Having circled the globe and explored the world, this well maintained and beautifully finished blue water cruiser awaits new owners seeking new adventures on this comfortable home upon the sea.
Please contact Paul Jackson at +604 9665154 or +60 174196933
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Ron Amy
Flag of Registry: United Kingdom
LOA: 12.98 m
Beam: 3.84 m
Minimum Draft: 1.93 m
Maximum Draft: 1.93 m
Displacement: 16000 kgs Dry Load
Headroom: 1.96 m
Total Power: 80 HP
Engine Brand: Ford
Year Built: 1981
Engine Model: Lehman
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 80 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 (700 Liters)
Fuel Tanks: 2 (700 Liters)
Number of single berths: 2
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 1
Number of bathrooms: 1
Open style galley features gimballed gas oven with two burner stove and hot plate grill, double stainless steel sink, 8.6 cubic feet 12 v fridge, vanished teak cupboards and wide bench space. A new 8 cubic feet 12VDC freezer has been installed last year.
One new (2017) electric DOMETIC head with adjacent shower stall compartment featuring varnished cupboards and stainless steel sink; one chemical head in the aft workshop adjacent to aft cabin.
Batteries & Electrics
- BANK 1; 1 x EXCIDE 2 x MASTERVOLT, each 140 amps
- BANK 2; 1 x AGM, each 200 amps
- HRC 3510 multi amp charger
- Balmar 120 amp alternator
- D400 wind generator
- 2 x 235 watt solar panels, 2 x 120 watt solar panels c/w one MPPT controller and one other controller (2019)
- 2500 watt continuous MASTERVOLT pure sinewave inverter (2019)
- MASTERVOLT 60 amp battery charger (2019)
- 1000 watt peak/400 watt continuous STERLING inverter
Electronics & Navigation
- B&G ZEUS chartplotter
- C Zone Switching
- B&G DSC VHF radio
- B&G depth, log, temperature
- B&G wind instrument
- VESPER Class B AIS transponder
- B&G SIMRAD autopilot
- The main engineis a FORD LEHMAN with approximately 2000 hours since a full rebuild.
- BORG WARNRER VELVET DRIVE rated for up to 500hp. New damper plate 2019.
- The present owner has carried out much mechanical inspections and routine servicing, oil changes every 200 hours. A new PSS shaft seal was fitted in 2019. The cooling system has been thoroughly serviced, new fresh water reservoir, new heat exchanger, rebuilt raw water pump.
- 1 Mainsail (inspected and minor repairs by DOYLE 2019)
- 1 Foresail with ProFurl furler (as above, new UV strip)
- 1 heavy duty foresail
- 1 Storm trysail
- 1 Storm jib
- Sloop rigged, double "A" frame
- Stainless steel 8/10mm wire all new in 2018
- 54.6' mast
- 2 forestays
- 1 x LOFRANS windlass, manual & electric with remote handset 1200/1500 watts
- 1 x 30 kg/66 lbs BRUCE anchor
- 1 x 20 kg/45 lbs CQR
- 2 x spare CQR
- 80m plus 20m 3/8" chain
- 88 meters 22mm rope
- 2 x Lumar #40 winches in cockpit
- 2 x Barlow #27 winches in cockpit
- 1 x Barlow #19 winch in cockpit
- 4 x Barlow #20 winches on mast
- Boom gallows
- 1 x life ring
- 1 x life sling
- First Aid Kit
- 1 x WHALE Henderson #2 manual bilge pump
- 1 x RULE 3500 electric bilge pump
- AVON Liferaft (out of service)
- Fire extinguishers (ood)
- Flarepack (ood)
Dinghy & Outboard
1 x 2.9m CHOLAMARK tender with outboard
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from YBC Langkawi
Sun Odyssey 54 DS