1981 Bristol Sloop/Cutter
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Westport, MA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 55,500
SIRENA is an upgraded full-keel Bristol 40 Cutter/Sloop built in 1981. Please read the listing carefully to see the numerous improvements that have been made since 2014 – new S/S rigging, new lifelines, rebedded stanchions, new glass in fixed ports, new Dodger-Bimini and full side curtains, new windlass, new batteries, new solar panels, new sails and Harken roller furling, and so much more. This is a well above average Bristol. Thank you for your interest.
Please contact Annie Gray at 207-363-7997
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Bristol Yachts, Bristol, RI
Designer: Ted Hood
LOA: 40 ft 2 in
Beam: 10 ft 9 in
LWL: 27 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 5 in
Displacement: 17580 lbs
Ballast: 6500 lbs
Total Power: 37 HP
Engine Brand: Westerbeke
Year Built: 1981
Engine Model: W-40
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 37 HP
Number of heads: 1
HULL & DECK:
- White hull, red bootstripe, blue bottom.
- White topsides, original gelcoat.
- Solid fiberglass hull; deck is fiberglass with balsa core; interior has a molded fiberglass liner.
- Hull to deck joint is a shoe-box type flange glued with Butyl sealant and thru-bolted.
- Bottom was sanded and painted in 2020.
- Full keel with no centerboard.
- Rudder post repacked 2020.
- Edson pedestal wheel steering; cable and quadrant, serviced 2018.
- S/S bowrail, sternrail, and stanchions.
- 2018 all stanchions were rebedded.
- 2018 new vinyl covered double S/S lifelines.
- 2018 full length nylon netting.
- 2018 new teak handrails on trunk cabin.
- 2014 new safety glass installed in all fixed ports.
- Teak coamings and exterior teak finished in oil, 2020.
- 2017 cockpit Sunbrella enclosure.
- Cockpit vinyl cushions, beige with blue piping.
- Cockpit screens (not fitted).
- Bronze seacocks and ball valves.
- 2017 Rogers blue Sunbrella Dodger and bimini.
- 2015 mainsail and helm cover by Rogers.
- 2014 Lewmar V3 vertical Gypsy and Capstan windlass; new 2018 dual foot controls.
- Teak cockpit grate.
- 2018 gray awning which sits over main boom.
- Two custom deck hatches 24 x 21, salon and forward cabin.
Fuel: 31 gallons in aluminum tank/
Water: 130 gallons in two fiberglass tanks, one under vee berth, one under sole.
Holding: 20 gallons in fiberglass tanks under vee berth with y-valve and deck pumpout also.
ENGINE & MECHANICAL:
- 1981 Westerbeke W-4 diesel, 37 hp, 4 cylinder, FWC, with 2076 hours as of 7/24/20.
- Racor 500 fuel filters with vacuum gauge.
- 2018 fuel injectors replaced.
- 2019 raw water pump replaced.
- Groco bronze sea strainer.
- Hurth HBW 100-2.0R transmission – 1.79:1.
- Westerbeke panel with gauges and alarms (oil pressure alarm not connected).
- 1” S/S shaft.
- 2020 Repacked bronze-flax stuffing box serviced.
- Bronze 3 bladed fixed 14 RH 13 prop.
- 2020 rudder post stuffing box.
- 2010 engine was overhauled (had 900 hours at that time).
- Spare alternator and raw water pump included in sale.
- 2020 new starter.
- Cruising speed: 6 knots @ 2400 RPM.
- Maximum speed: 6.5 knots @ 3000 RPM.
- 12V DC& 110V AC electrical systems.
- 2016 two Group 31 (200 amp hour) batteries under pilot berth, 2018 new Group 31 (200 amp hour), mount in mahogany boxes by quarter berth-nav station.
- 2017 Balmar 100 amp alternator with Max charge MC614 smart regulator.
- 2016 Bass AC-DC circuit breaker panel.
- 2016 Blue Seas system vapor proof selector switches.
- 2016 Xantrex Freedom 1000 inverter-charger.
- 2016 GFCI receptacles in head and galley.
- 30 amp shore power cords, 25' & 50'.
- 2018 flexible solar panels and charging system – 320 watts with battery monitor (mounted on bimini and Dodger).
- DC volt and ammeters.
- Rule 2000 bilge pump with Rule Super switch in bilge.
- 2018 high water alarm.
- Rule 800 with float switch for sump pump.
- For six in a very attractive interior with light refinished teak joinerwork below, and a refinished 2020 teak cabin sole.
- Vee berth forward with a filler to make large queen berth with memory foam mattress, hatch overhead and two opening portlights.
- Next aft is a large portside enclosed head with many lockers, handheld shower, a Raritan PH II manual head, a 20 gallon fiberglass holding tank under vee berth with 2014 sanitation hose, y-valve and Whale Guzzler manual pumpout and deck pumpout.
- Opposite the head are hanging lockers.
- Next is the main salon with a bulkhead-mounted dining table, port and starboard settees with numerous storage lockers behind.
- Next aft to port is a sit-down Nav station and chart table with drawers under, and lockers outboard, followed by a quarter berth.
- To starboard is an L-shaped galley with CNG gimballed 3 burner stove and oven, one S/S sink with hot and cold pressure water, salt water hand pump, and 2 Isotherm 12V air-cooled dual freezer and refrigerator units.
- All cabin lights are LED.
- Westerbeke diesel is easily accessed under companionway steps.
- 2014 Furuno Navnet TZ 14” Radar, multifunction display with 2kw radome antenna.
- 2014 Furuno Navnet TZ 14” touchscreen chartplotter; also, FI-50 small “repeater” display below.
- 2014 Furuno FI-50 multi depth, wind and speed-log.
- 2014 ICOM IC-M424 VHF with remote 2018 ram mic at helm.
- 2018 Iridium Go telecom from Predict Wind (for cell and emails).
- 2016 Digital Yacht AIT 3000 AIS transponder.
- Ritchie binnacle 5” compass.
- Island time Wifi system, needs reprogramming.
- AM-FM-CD stereo.
SAILS & RIGGING:
- 2009 Mainsail by Squeeteeque Sail in Cataumet, MA (three jiffy reefs).
- 2015 Doyle 130% genoa on roller furler.
- 2018 Doyle staysail.
- Asymmetric spinnaker – year unknown.
- 2014 Harken MK II roller furler.
- Anodized aluminum mast; 2017 Selden boom with 3 reef lines to cockpit.
- 2017 all S/S standing rigging replaced with oversized 1 x 19 S/S wire and Sta-lok fittings and chrome over bronze turn buckles.
- 2017 low stretch braided running rigging and sheets.
- 2015 new aluminum mast step on keel.
- 2014 S/S chainplates – S/S stock thru deck to fiberglass hanging knees.
- 2017 Spinlock XTS line clutches on housetop as main lines lead aft to cockpit.
- Schaefer mainsheet traveller and staysail traveller.
- Schaefer blocks and vang.
- Two Lewmar 42 S.T. sheet winches.
- Two Lewmar 7 single speed secondary sheet winches.
- 2017 Anderson 40 S.T. halyard winch on cabin top.
- Two Lewmar #8 halyard winches on mast.
- 2018 65 lb Mantus anchor with 80’ chain and 200’ 5/8” rode.
- 20 lb Danforth with 15’ chain and 150’ rode.
- 45 lb CQR plow anchor with 40’ chain and 200’ rode.
- Insulated cooler in cockpit -forward of binnacle.
- ACR EPIRB.
- 2018 Viking 4 man liferaft in hard cannister.
- 2018 S/S emergency tiller.
- 2017 all nav lights are LED.
- Pro Torx rechargeable handheld spotlights.
- Ship’s bell and horn; loudspeaker/hailer mast mounted.
- Flares, 3 fire extinguishers.
- Lifesling and 2 throwable cushions.
- Life jackets, fenders, docklines.
- 2016 deck lights, red and white.
- 2018 Cape Horn wind vane, mounted on transom.
- Two CNG tanks in port cockpit locker.
- Fireboy Xintex S-2A CNG fume detector and controls.
- 6 gallon Raritan hot water heater.
- Aquastar Nature pure water filtration under galley sink.
- Whale Guzzler manual pumpout of holding tank.
- 2014 Shields Vac-XH sanitation hose.
COMMENTS: SIRENA is an upgraded full-keel Bristol 40 Cutter/Sloop built in 1981. Please read the listing carefully to see the numerous improvements that have been made since 2014 – new S/S rigging, new lifelines, rebedded stanchions, new glass in fixed ports, new Dodger-Bimini and full side curtains, new windlass, new batteries, new solar panels, new sails and Harken roller furling, and so much more. This is a well above average Bristol. Thank you for your interest.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.