1981 Tanton Custom 36.5
- View Full Specifications
Price just reduced!
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Seattle - Our Docks!, WA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 27,000
Tanton 36.5 is durable, fast and fun boat to sail. Very capable racer/cruiser with roomy interior.
Tanton designed strong, fast sailboats with graceful lines.
Strong, light cold-molded fiberglass over cedar hull/deck, oak frames and mahogany interior Built in R.I. in 1981, kept in good condition, has full compliment of race and cruising sails.
Re-powered in 2007 with a new Westerbeke diesel engine (Under 500 hours!), newer cushions, 2 burner propane stove, ice boxes (2), Stored out of water each Winter.
New aluminum mast in 2015!
Baltoplate race bottom that when burnished allows 7.5 knots under power.
Ready for cruising or racing!
Certified Professional Yacht Broker - Here to help you find the right New or Used Power or Sailboat to fit your Dreams!
Please contact Jeff Carson at 206-323-2405
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 36 ft 5 in
Beam: 12 ft 5 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 1 in
Total Power: 35 HP
Engine Brand: Westerbeke
Year Built: 2007
Engine Model: 35 D
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 448
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 35 HP
Cruising Speed: 7 knots
Maximum Speed: 7 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 Plastic (19 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 Aluminum (14 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 Plastic (15 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 1
Number of double berths: 3
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
The Tanton 36.5 has a lot of interior space despite it's large performance cockpit. If fact the berths under the cockpit are quite large. Sizable main salon that has every thing you need for cruising. There is four double berth and a large galley.
- Port & starboard double berth aft
- Galley to starboard with abundant storage
- Nav station to port across from galley
- Main salon has a dinette on starboard that converts to a double berth and small settee to port
- Head forward of dinette with vanity to starboard
- V-berth is large and capable of handling two adults or all your sails when racing
- "L" shape galley with abundant storage with many drawers and cabinets. Lots of counter space for the chef on board.
- Two burner Sunbeam propane stove top
- Deep stainless sink with foot pump operated faucet
- Two countertop ice boxes.
Electronics / Electrical
- 110 V shore power hull inlet
- 110 V AC outlet in salon
- 12v distribution panel at nav station
- Two G24 batteries in boxes
- Blue Sea four position battery selector switch
- Propane switch panel at nav station (installation to be completed)
- 12V bilge pump
- 12v nav lights
- 12v cabin lighting throughout boat
- Moor knot log
- Datamarine depth display
- AM/FM Stereo with four speakers, two in salon and two in cockpit
Sails / Rigging
- Tall keel stepped double spreader rig (NEW 2015)
- Harken main sheet traveler in cockpit
- Large destroyer wheel steering
- All lines lead to the cockpit
- Barient #32 ST winches (2)
- Lewmar #43 two speed winches (2)
- Lewmar #40 two speed winches (2)
- Lewmar #30 ST winch (1)
- North Sails Carbon Mainsail (NEW 2015)
- North Sails Carbon Light #1 Genoa (NEW 2016)
- Newer Lee Sails Kevlar #2 Genoa
- Lee Sails Dacron #3 Jib (good condition)
- Spinnakers: 1/2oz, 3/4oz, 1oz all in good condition
- Many delivery sails. List upon request.
- Double lifelines with mid ship gate port & starboard
- Stainless bow pulpit
- Stainless stern pulpit with gate
- Stainless deck cleats
- Mid ship d-rings for spring lines
- Stainless bow roller
- Danforth anchors (2), 30' chain & 150' rode (1)
- Life Sling
- Fire extinguishers (2)
- Sun shower
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.