1980 Van De Stadt Legend 34
- View Full Specifications
Lots of recent upgrading
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Kilmelford, Argyll & Bute, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 15,950 (US$ 19,772)
Producing yacht designs since 1933 the Van De Stadt name is synonymous with capable offshore cruising yachts. The companies design brands including Etap, Trintella, Excalibur and others; all well known for being reliable offshore cruisers.
SEAL is a well-presented, late example of the Legend 34 class, first produced in 1972. She was moulded in 1978 however wasn't commissioned until the 1980 season. In the current ownership for over a decade she has been lavishly maintained and upgraded in recent years. Inventory highlights including:
- Beta 25, 25hp marine diesel engine (2016)
- Featherstream 3 blade feathering prop. (2016)
- Eberspacher Hydronic wet system heating.
- Fully pressurised hot and cold water system.
- Raymarine navigation instruments, including plotter and autopilot.
- ProFurl roller reefing system. (2016).
Having provided over a decade of enjoyable coastal cruising her owners are now reluctantly selling SEAL as they look to move to a larger yacht for spending more time afloat. Wintering ashore in a shed she is available for viewing strictly by prior arrangement.
Please contact Mark Cameron at +44 (0)7988763254
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: North Star Marine Ltd
Designer: E.G. Van De Stadt
LOA: 10.36 m
Beam: 3.05 m
LWL: 7.86 m
Maximum Draft: 1.40 m
Displacement: 4150 kgs
Ballast: 1600 kgs
Total Power: 25 HP
Engine Brand: Beta Marine
Year Built: 2016
Engine Model: 25
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 210
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 25 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 2 (175 Liters)
Fuel Tanks: 2 (88 Liters)
Number of heads: 1
Electrical Circuit: 12V
- Single piece GRP moulded hull.
- Heavyweight, hand consolidated polyester laminate.
- Encapsulated long fin keel.
- Spade rudder.
- Topsides finished in single pack navy paint with gold cove and boot top lines.
- Below waterline finished in white antifouling.
- Single piece GRP moulding incorporating coachroof superstructure and self-draining cockpit.
- Heavyweight, hand consolidated polyester laminate.
- Moulding painted white with blue non-slip painted panels on decks.
- Saloon windows refurbished by Eagle Boat Windows during winter 2015/16.
Spars & Rigging.
- Deck stepped, single spreader, masthead sloop rig.
- Silver anodised mast and spars by Selden.
- Standing rigging of 1x19 stainless steel, all replaced winter 2007/08.
- Profurl roller reefing system on forestay, fitted new with forestay wire winter 2015/16.
- Slab reefing mainsail.
- Mainsheet upgraded 2014 with new blocks, sheet and car control lines.
- Running rigging replaced periodically - Main halyard 2008, Spinnaker halyard 2013, Genoa Sheets 2017.
- Block and tackle type kicker.
- Spinlock rope clutches on mast for halyards.
- Masthead navigation lights.
- Mast mounted steaming light.
- Primary Winches - 2x Lewmar 43, two-speed.
- Furling Winch - Lewmar single-speed.
- Reefing Winch - Lewmar single-speed, mounted on mast.
- Halyard Winch - 2x Lewmar single speed, mounted on mast.
- Mainsail - White Dacron, 3 slab reefs. Saturn Sails.
- Genoa - White Pentax laminate with foam luff, blue UV strip, roller reefing. Owen Sails 2011.
- Genoa - White Dacron, roller reefing. Saturn Sails. (tired)
- Spinnaker - Symmetrical.
- Sprayhood - White, vinyl type fabric, new windows fitted 2012.
- Mainsail Cover - Stackpack type cover with lazyjacks and mast boot. Owen Sails 2011.
Mooring & Ground Tackle
- Bower Anchor - Rocna 15kg (2011) on 50m, 10mm chain rode.
- Kedge Anchor - Bruce 15kg on chain/warp rode.
- Manual Anchor Windlass - Simpson Lawrence Hyspeed, stripped and re-furbished winter 2017/18/
- Mooring Warps - Selection
- Fenders - x6 with fender socks, all new 2018.
- Stainless steel pulpit and pushpit rails.
- Alloy toerail running the length of the decks.
- Stainless steel, toerail mounted stanchions supporting double guard wires.
- Double bowroller.
- Alloy fairleads port and starboard, forward and aft.
- Large centrally-mounted single mooring cleat forward.
- Teak grating covering foredeck in way of windlass and mooring cleat.
- Chainplates on inboard side of sidedecks, Genoa tracks outboard.
- Hardwood grabrail running the length of the coachroof, outboard port and starboard.
- Deep, moulded, teak topped cockpit coamings protecting cockpit.
- Primary winches mounted on coaming tops.
- Cockpit bench seating port and starboard, finished with varnished hardwood slats.
- Teak cockpit grating with varnished margin boards.
- Locker under port cockpit seat, forward.
- Locker under aft section of cockpit seating.
- Small lazarette under aft deck.
- Depth - Raymarine ST60 Tri-Data
- Log - Raymarine ST60 Tri-Data
- Wind - Raymarine ST60
- Repeater - Raymarine ST60 Graphic, mounted in cockpit.
- Plotter - Raymarine A65 colour plotter, mounted in cockpit.
- Autopilot - Raymarine ST4000 SmartPilot with tiller drive unit.
- VHF - Icom IC-M421 DSCVHF.
- Navtex - NASA Clipper.
- Magnetic Compass - Sestrel Moore.
- Freshwater System - Pressurised hot and cold water system. Two flexible fresh water tanks. Quick Nautic 30ltr capacity calorifier (2010), heated from engine cooling water & Eberspacher Hydronic heating system. Faucets in galley and heads.
- Heating - Eberspacher Hydronic 4, diesel fired, wet system. Connect to radiators in saloon and heads. Also connected to calorifier providing hot water.
- Galley Stove - Plastimo Atlantic gas cooker. 2 burner, grill and oven.
- Saloon Stove Heating - Pascall Atkey Pansy charcoal burning stove.
- Gas System - 2x 4.5kg Butane cylinders in self draining box. System replaced fully in 2008.
- Coolbox - Waeco Tropicool TC35 12VDC mobile coolbox. (2010)
- Heads - Jabsco manual marine toilet. Twist'n'Lock type pump.
- Lighting - Overhead flouresent tubes in saloon. LED overhead lighting in heads and galley. Reaidng lights all LED.
Description of accommodation from forward:
Forepeak - Two single berths in traditional V-berth layout. Infill section to create a double berth. Shelves running the length of the berth outboard, port and starboard. Bin type storage lockers beneath bunk. Large opening deck hatch.
Heads - Athwartships heads compartment between forepeak and saloon. Jabsco manual marine toilet outboard to port. Counter with wash hand basin, hot and cold water faucet and showerhead to starboard. Cave storage lockers outboard of heads and countertop with locker below countertop.
Saloon - Bench settees port and starboard. Centrally located, double drop leaf saloon table. Both settees converting to single berths. Bottle storage within table. Cave lockers behind settee backs port and starboard. Lockers outboard of settees, overhead.
Galley - To port of the companionway. Gimbal mounted galley stove outboard with worktop and stainless steel sink aft.
Nav Station & 1/4 Berth - To starboard of the companionway. Forward-facing chart table with navigator sitting on forward end of the quarter berth. Built-in removable shelf belwo table to accommodate coolbox. Chart storage within table. Switch panel, VHF and stereo outboard. Quarter berth extending aft.
- Beta Marine Beta 25HE marine diesel engine. (2016)
- 25hp @ 3600RPM
- 3 Cylinder, naturally aspirated, indirectly cooled.
- Recorded running hours @ September 2019 - 210.
- TMC40 mechanical reversing marine gearbox.
- Centaflex flexible shaft coupling. (2016)
- Stainless steel prop shaft. (2016)
- Manecraft Deep-Sea shaft seal. (2016)
- Featherstream 3 blade, bronze feathering prop. (2016)
- Rope Cutter. (2016)
- Engine Battery - 1x 12v, 85Ah Cycl Pro battery. (2015)
- Domestic Batteries - 2x 12v, 110Ah Xploer AGM batteries. (2014)
- 716 Battery Distribution Cluster.
- Shore Power System - Hardwired, RCD protected with single 16amp connection.
- Galvanic Isolator
- Battery Charger - Stirling 240v charger.
- Solar Panels - 4x 20W flexi panels, coachroof mounted. With central charge controller and monitor.
- Manual Bilge Pump - Whale Gusher 10, operated from cockpit.
- Electric Bilge Pump - Rule 20F 800 submersible pump, auto-switching.
- Bilge Water Level Alarm - Whale sensor type switch with audio and visual alarms.
- Hardwood Tiller - spare item also aboard.
- Tiller Extension - Spinlock new 2016.
- Stereo - CD/FM radio head unit with speakers in saloon.
- Tender - Seago 270 Airdeck. (2008).
- Outboard - Suzuki DF2.5hp. (2008).
- Boarding Ladder.
- Liferaft - Seago 4 person cannister raft. Service due Feb 2020.
- Co2 Alarm.
In this case we are acting as brokers only.
The Owner is not selling in the course of a business. whilst every care has been taken in their preparation , the correctness of these particulars is not guaranteed. The Purchaser is strongly advised to check the particulars and where appropriate at their expense to employ a qualified Marine Surveyor to carry out a survey and/or to have an engine trial conducted which if conducted by us shall not imply any liability for such engine on our part.
This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.