1980 Morgan 382
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Located In:
- Kemah, TX
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 39,990
- Sale Pending
4 New Batteries
New Battery Charger
Marine Air Conditioning
Solar and Wind Generator
New Radar Antenna ( Uninstalled )
New Bottom Paint 2019
2016 Rigging Up-dated
The 1980 Morgan 382 “Sea Angel” was built in Largo, Florida and designed by Ted Brewer. She is a well-equipped, comfortable cruising yacht with accommodations for seven. A lot of updates have been done on this yacht and much of the equipment is new.
See the full specifications for more details.
Sales Professional Since 1975. With over 150 boats in two locations, it’s like a boat show every day!
Contact Listing Agent:
Josh Johnson CPYB
- Direct (281) 734-7703
- E-Mail: email@example.com
Finding the right boat for you, Power or Sail Worldwide Since 1975 with Professionalism and Integrity. Island Packet Specialist Since 1984.
More Contact Info for Josh→
- LYS Website: Little Yacht Sales
- Josh’s Website: Sailboatcorner.com
How to Find US!→
- Pier 6&7 Waterford Harbor
800 Mariners Dr. Kemah TX
- Mail Only:
P.O. Box 259 Kemah, TX 77565
Please contact Josh Johnson at (281) 734-7703
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 38 ft 4 in
Beam: 12 ft 0 in
LWL: 30 ft 6 in
Minimum Draft: 5 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 0 in
Displacement: 18800 lbs
Ballast: 6800 lbs
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 (95 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 (40 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 1
Number of double berths: 3
Number of heads: 1
2016 when the bottom job was done and the mast was removed and all the running and standing rigging were rebuilt or replaced. All the through-hull valves were resealed at that time. The prop shaft was replaced with stainless and a brand new propeller and a dripless stuffing box was installedNew Raymarine radar antenna unit (Uninstalled)
- Edson rudder shaft w/bronze mount for a hydraulic or electric autopilot
- New Edson quadrant cables and chains
- (4) Twin rudder position units for the autopilot
- New Raymarine ACU for sea talk for the new autopilot (40 amp max)
Each time the boat has been pulled the current owner has had all through-hulls and seacocks resealed including the depth sensor and the water speedo temperature sending unit and through-hulls.
- Note: The entire boat is sea talk equipped and capable. Raymarine system in the boat now with the wheel pilot are all sea talk engaged and talk to one another. Autopilot control head and twin GPS units in the boat are not only compatible but recommended for the new ACU autopilot control
- Overhead has been replaced
- Plastic opening ports have been replaced with Stainless Opening Ports
- Fixed Ports have been replaced with thick acrylic for safety
- Propane stove and oven
- All interior wood has been sanded and varnished
- Solar and Wind power
- New cushions and foam (2013)
- Updated Garhauer sailing hardware
- Turning Blocks
- Genoa Cars
- Stern mounts for Wind Generator
- Bottom job (2019)
- All standing & running rigging replaced (2016)
- Step bed & upper boot area under mast & all through valves resealed (2016)
- New propeller with stainless prop shaft (2016)
- All through holes replaced & gate valves with replaced w/ bronze silicone stainless steel ball valves (2013)
The all-wood interior provides a traditional nautical feel with abundant space and storage.
The front of the quarter berth to starboard serves as the seat for the navigation area/chart table. In addition, many owners use the quarter berth for more storage space.
Opposite the quarter berth is a large and efficient, U-shaped galley.
Forward of the galley is the main salon with an L-shaped settee with centerline table that converts to a double berth. A wide settee and a narrow pilot berth occupy the starboard side. The pilot’s berth is small but excellent for a child to sleep in due to the raised sides that offer protection in rough seas.
Moving forward to port, there is a roomy head that has a separate, fully enclosed shower. Across from the head to starboard, there is a hanging locker and additional storage space.
Continuing forward, the main sleeping compartment consists of a large V-berth with insert, drawers, shelves and an opening hatch. There is a lot of dry storage under the V-berth.
More Detailed Dimensions
LOA: 38' 4" (11.68 m.)
LWL: 30' 6" (9.30 m.)
Beam: 12' 0" (3.66 m.)
Draft: 5' 0" (1.52 m.)
Ballast: 6,800 lb. (3,084 kg.)
Displacement: 17,200 lb. (7,802 kg.)
Water: 95 gal. (360 l.)
Fuel: 40 gal. (152 l.)
Engine: Perkins 4-108, YR: 1980, Type: Diesel
Designer: Ted Brewer
Under sail, the motion of the Morgan 382 is predictable and comfortable, and the wide deck offers excellent footing with many flat surfaces. This boat is very well balanced and can handle rough seas with ease. The practical and well-protected cockpit offers a clear view in all directions. All items that need maintenance or repair are easily accessible.
- In 2019, boat was hauled out and inspected thoroughly due to a possible lightning strike. At that time, there was no damage found whatsoever.
- Current owner was informed by Coast Guard that sometime in the early 2000’s, the boat was possibly damaged by a tropical storm or hurricane; however, the current owner has never found any resulting damage or history of repairs from possible damage.
The Listing Brokerage Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel regardless of information provided. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. PLEASE NOTE: All electronics are listed for verification purposes but not warranted in the selling price of the boat.
Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, any warranties expressed or implied and/or any engine service as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
All the yacht brokerage agents at the listing company are Independent Contractors.