1980 Leisure 29
- View Full Specifications
Spacious 29' cruiser
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Barcaldine, Argyll & Bute, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 11,000 (US$ 13,995)
A development of the successful Leisure 27, also designed by Frank Pryor and built by Cobramould Ltd. The Leisure 29 features the same interior layout with the waterline stretched aft of the companionway bulkhead to create a large cockpit and quarter berth. The same moulds were used by Jaguar yachts to build the later Lynx 29.
With a high volume interior LEGERE offers comfortable accommodation and sea kindly cruising for a crew of 6 if required. During the current ownership she has been continuously maintained with a recent Beta Marine diesel engine installation. Currently lying ashore in North Argyll she is available for viewing by appointment.
Please contact at +44 (0)7988763254
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Cobramould Ltd
Designer: Frank Pryor
LOA: 8.80 m
Beam: 2.81 m
LWL: 7.62 m
Maximum Draft: 1.49 m
Displacement: 3400 kgs
Ballast: 1527 kgs
Total Power: 20 HP
Engine Brand: Beta Marine Diesel
Year Built: 2013
Engine Model: B20
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: 2 blade propeller
Drive Type: Sail drive
Engine Power: 20 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 2 (130 Liters)
Fuel Tanks: 1 (40 Liters)
Electrical Circuit: 12V
What the builders said.....
Launched in 1980 the Leisure 29 was a development of the already successful Leisure 27. The extract below is from the builders promotional flyer for the 1980 London Boatshow.
'It's big, it's beautiful and the cockpit is a skipper's delight.
With the identical, luxurious 6-berth cruising accommodation of the popular '27', the new Leisure 29 is a completely new design aft of the main companionway bulkhead, both above and below the water line. The result is a really fast, sleek boat with an exceptionally large cockpit - 6'4" (1.98m) long.
Designed by Marine Consultant Frank Pryor, the Leisure 29 with its extremely comprehensive inventory offers incredible value for a boat of this size.
New Leisure 29 - A great way to sail into the eighties.'
Built in the boom years of GRP production yacht building in the UK the Leisure 29 was built to compete with other production builders of the day such as Moody and Sadler yachts. Using the then very modern GRP moulding techniques the boats were designed to be sleek while providing high volume living space below decks.
- Single skin, one piece GRP moulding formed in a female mould.
- External, bolt on cast iron ballast keel.
- Skeg hung rudder
- White gelcoat finish externally
- Blue cove line.
- Blue antifouling below the waterline.
- Single piece GRP moulding.
- White gelcoat finish with contrasting moulded non-slip panels.
- Dark tinted perspex portlights
- Black anodised alloy toerail
Spars & Rigging
- Masthead sloop rig.
- Silver anodised alloy spars.
- Stainless steel standing rigging with chromed bronze rigging screws.
- Rotostay roller reefing system for genoa.
- Lines lead aft to cockpit.
- Primary Winches -
- Halyard Winches -
- Sprayhood - Royal blue with windows forward. On two hoop stainless steel frame.
- Mainsail Cover - Royal blue, traditional style.
Mooring and Ground Tackle
- Main Anchor - 15kg CQR on chain(20m)/warp(10m)
- Kedge Anchor - 12kg CQR & 7kg CQR
- Mooring Warps - Selection
- Fenders - Selection
- Moulded GRP decks with non-slip textured panels.
- Single bow roller built into stemhead fitting.
- Anchor locker accessed through twin opening deck hatches.
- Teak grabrail running along outside edge of coachroof.
- Moulded cockpit with hardwood slatted sole.
- Primary winches mounted outboard of cockpit on moulded coaming.
- Cockpit lockers port and starboard. Separate, moulded, self draining gas locker.
- Depth - Raymarine ST40
- Log - Navico
- VHF - Navman 7000 DSCVHF
- Plotter - Raymarine RC435i, mounted on bridge deck instrument pod.
- GPS - Garmin 128, below decks at chart table.
- Autopilot - Raymarine ST2000+
- Shore Power System - Hard wired with RCD protection.
- Stove - Plastimo Neptune 2 burner, grill and oven gas cooker.
- Water System - Twin water tanks with combined capacity of 130ltr. Pressurised cold water faucets at galley and heads.
- Heads - Manual Lavac toilet.
- Heater - Charcoal stove mounted on starboard side of main bulkhead.
- Manual Bilge Pump
- Radar Reflector
The engine was professionally installed new in 2013. Located in dedicated engine space accessible by removal of the companionway steps.
- Beta Marine Diesel. B20, 20hp, 3 cylinder marine diesel engine. (2013)
- Volvo Penta 110S saildrive unit.
- 2 Blade alloy prop.
- Fully serviced winter 2017/18.
- Saildrive hull diaphragm replaced 2013
- 40ltr diesel tank.
- 2 off 12V lead acid type batteries.
Forepeak - Compact double berth forward. Opening deck hatch for ventilation and light.
Heads - spanning full beam of boat immediately aft of forepeak. Manual Lavac heads to port with sink and vanity unit to port. Storage shelves outboard of sink unit. Door fitted in main bulkhead between heads and saloon.
Saloon - Bench settee to starboard. Trotter box extending forward to all settee to convert to bunk. Charcoal stove mounted on main bulkhead above settee. U-shaped settee to port with folding saloon table. Table drops down to convert to double berth. The seat backs on both saloon seating units can move outboard to extend width of bunk.
Galley - Aft of saloon on starboard side. Gas cooker with stainless steel sink. Storage provided outboard of worktop with drawers beneath.
Nav Station - Port side of companionway. GPS and VHF mounted outboard with switch panel. Working chart table folds down from aft bulkhead. Quarter berth extends aft along port side.
In this case we are acting as brokers only. The Owner is not selling in the course of a business. whilst every care has been taken in their preparation , the correctness of these particulars is not guaranteed. The Purchaser is strongly advised to check the particulars and where appropriate at their expense to employ a qualified Marine Surveyor to carry out a survey and/or to have an engine trial conducted which if conducted by us shall not imply any liability for such engine on our part.
This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.