1980 Ocean Alexander 50 Pilothouse
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Twin / diesel
- Located In:
- Mathews, VA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 135,000
The first Ocean Alexander design to be imported and sold in the U.S., the 50 Pilothouse was a very successful design. With a solid fiberglass construction and Portuguese bridge surrounding the pilothouse, she sports a distinctive, go-anywhere appearance. The two-stateroom floorplan is fully paneled with grain-matched teak woodwork and cabinetry throughout and is arranged with a huge amidships owner's cabin on the lower level and a wide-open salon and galley on the deckhouse level. The raised pilothouse is private with deck doors port and starboard as well as a built-in dinette. Additional features include a covered cockpit area, well-secured side decks, and extended upper deck with space for a dinghy, and a simulated lapstrake hull. A good performer, the Ocean Alexander 50 will cruise around 12 knots.
Please contact Steve Zimmerman at 804-725-3440
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Ed Monk Jr
Designer: Ocean Alexander
Beam: 15 ft 6 in
LWL: 45 ft 8 in
Length on Deck: 50 ft 3 in
Minimum Draft: 4 ft 6 in
Bridge Clearance: 19 ft 0 in
Dry Weight: 46500 lbs
Total Power: 240 HP
Engine Brand: Ford
Engine Model: Lehman
Engine Hours: 7421
Engine Power: 120 HP
Engine Brand: Ford
Engine Model: Lehmans
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 7241
Engine Power: 120 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 2 Stainless steel (225 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 2 (300 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 (40 Gallons)
Number of heads: 2
GPS - Garmin 128 GPS, 48 GPS, 76CX GPS
Computer - HP Tower with CAPN installed and Dell Monitor
VHF - (2) Standard Horizon Intrepid LE
TV set - Sylvania
Compass - Ritchie
Radar - R20X Raytheon 24
Depthsounder - (1) Data Marine, (1) Raymarine
Autopilot - Benmar Compu-Course 2000
Hot water - 12 Gal Raritan Water Heater, Webasto 4 Zone Hot Water
Battery charger - Pro-Mariner ProTech 4
Oven - Princess Electric Smooth Top & Oven
Electric head - (2) Raritan Atlantes
Air conditioning - (3) Marineair, (2) with reverse cycle
Refrigerator - GE Refrigerator with Freezer
Generator - 12 Kw Onan Generator
Inverter - 3 Kw Trace Inverter
Shore power inlet - 30 AMP and 50 AMP Shore Power Cords
Davits - Stainless Steel Handwinch
Liferaft - Mercury Dynamic 300 Semi-Rigid Inflatable Dinghy w/ 2003 Johnson 15 HP
- Garmin 128 GPS, 48 GPS, 76CX GPS.
- Raymarine depthsounder and Data Marine depthsounder.
- (2) Standard Horizon Intrepid LE VHF radios with standard hailer and foghorn.
- Raytheon R20X Radar.
- GLENDINNING electronic engine controls.
- Benmar Compu-Course 2000 Autopilot
- Sylvania TV with DVD and VHS Player.
- HP Tower with CAPN installed and Dell Monitor
- Ritchie Compass.
- 3 Kw Trace Inverter.
- Boston Bell Clock and Barometer.
- Ship's Tide Clock.
- Webasto 7" Rayline 250,000 candle power Search Light with Remote Control.
- Divided helm drawer.
- Dinette converts to 4' x 8' bunk.
- GE refrig/freezer.
- Princess Electric Smooth Top & Oven.
- (2) 120 HP Ford Lehman Engines
- Starboard Engine: Rebuilt Jan 2007.
Hours Before Rebuild: 4161
Hours Since Rebuild: 3260
Total Engine hours: 7421
- Port Engine: Rebuilt Aug 2009.
Hours Before Rebuild: 5104
Hours Since Rebuild: 2137
Total Engine hours: 7241
- Transmissions replaced 2006.
- Mufflers, Engine Mounts, Engine and Rudder Shafts replaced 2006.
- Webasto 4-zone hydronic heating system.
- Several Adapters and Standard Anemometer.
- 3 Kw Trace inverter with (6) 6V Batteries
- Wilcox Seabrace Stabilizers.
- 12 kw Onan generator.
- Series 27 Start Battery (Generator).
- (2) 8-D House Batteries.
- (2) 4-D Start Batteries.
- Pro-Mariner ProTech 4 Battery Charger.
- (3) Marineair A/Cs - (2) reverse cycle.
- (2) Spare propellers.
- (2) Electrasans 40 Gallon Holding Tanks.
- (2) Stainless Steel Water Tanks - 300 Gallon and 150 Gallon.
- (2) Forward Fuel Tanks - 600 Gallon Capacity.
- 12 Gallon Raritan Water Heater.
- Mercury Dynamic 300 Semi-Rigid Inflatable Dinghy - 9'10" with 2003 Johnson 15 HP Engine.
- Lafranz Tiges Windlass and 300', 3/8" High Tensil Chain (NEW 2008).
- Davit Stainless Steel Hand Winch.
- Additional helm end engine control station on Portuguese bridge.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.