1980 Baltic 37
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Scarlino, Italy
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- EUR 57,000 Tax Paid (US$ 64,792)
Beautifully maintained and heavily upgraded example of the classic C&C designed Baltic Yachts 37. One of 51 examples built between 1978 and 1983.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
With her classic and timeless hull lines care of C&C Design Group and her legendary build quality from Baltic Yachts in Finland, NINA comes close to being the ‘ultimate’ 37ft ocean cruising yacht. One of 51 examples built, NINA has been blessed with caring owners who have not been shy to spend money to keep her in great shape. In recent seasons, NINA has benefitted from a comprehensive refit/update program including:-
- Replacement teak decks in 2013
- Replacement rod standing rigging in 2006
- Fitment of inner forestay and staysail
- Upgraded sail wardrobe
- New Raymarine electronics
- Upgraded safety equipment for offshore cruising
- New batteries and battery charger
Our target for our new Baltic 37 is to produce and high performance, comfortable, easy handle yacht capable of offshore racing as well as offshore cruising at a size which could best describe as “a small one-tonner”. Characteristics are very much in line with the successful BALTIC 39 while embodying changes aimed towards improved upwind and downwind performance.
The bow shape is typical of our recent work, being reasonably deep and very sharp to facilitate good performance in a seaway, with powerful forward sections to provide good directional stability. Amidships, the hull incorporates a rather narrow beam waterline with significantly wider beam at deck level. This adds hull form stability as well as good downwind performance and makes for a roomy and comfortable interior as well. The full aft sections are fair and undistorted. Here we have incorporated plenty of volume for added sailing length when heeled and at high speeds, but have oriented it in such a way that steering and handling will be easier on a power reach. In recent years we have been concentrating in this particular area in order to achieve off wind boat speed without the normal tendency towards strong weather helm. These characteristics result in a handsome and practical hull which performs veil in all weather conditions and is easily controlled.
The keel design is the result of hydrodynamic analysis tempered with experience. Careful attention is paid to the location and volume of the keel in accordance with the longitudinal distribution of the hull’s volume. In this way we match the keel to the particular characteristics of the hull. This keel is rather deep with a draft of 2.06 metres and incorporates our new tip shape which offers the best combination of lift and drag. The centre of gravity of the ballast is low. Providing good sailing stability without having to resort to a higher ballast ratio. This combination with Baltic's proven ability to build down to a given weight, assures us of good upwind stability in a light beat. The rudder, again, is a deep, high aspect ratio fin with close attention paid to its control effectiveness for a high degree of manoeuvreability, while avoiding any propensity to stall.
The most striking characteristic of the deck layout on the BALTIC 37 is the handsome low profile and the happy compromise of the companionway entrance. This arrangement allows for excellent accommodations below with easy access from the cockpit. The latter incorporates comfortable sea-ting, good storage for a life raft, and horseshoe Life rings. Instruments are housed in a comprehensive spray-hood while opening hatches provide good ventilation below.
Rig design is again a result of close study of the characteristics of this boat as well as thorough knowledge of aerodynamic principals. The spar section itself is a new design which t by delaying separation around its leeward side, minimizes drag while increasing lift. The spreaders intersect the spar without the at heavy spreader bases of other manufacturers mid the shrouds are fastened to the spar internally for minimum windage. The rig is tall for this yacht's size but with good stability and a solid hull shape she should perform well in both light airs and heavy conditions.
Interior layout is quite unique for a boat of this size - providing an aft cabin as well as a full stand--up head, With careful incorporation of cabin shape and companion-way, there is good headroom in the comfortable aft cabin as well a the head compartment which is opposite on the port side. The owner's cabin embodies a full double berth, shelf, bureau and settee in a closable ventilated area. The chart table and galley are amidships, concentrating all of the heavy accommodations in the middle of the sailing length, thus minimizing pitching in a seaway. The main cabin has four large berths and a full-size dinette; there are vee-berths with a bureau and hanging locker in the forward cabin. Flanking the port side of the companionway is an oilskin locker with additional storage space beneath the companionway as well.
This yacht is typical of those built by Baltic Yacht and displays excellence in its interior finish with varnished teak on most surfaces. Fittings of the highest quality are used throughout and the builder's thorough execution extends to all corners of the yacht. The construction includes the use of balsa core in both hull and deck. Unidirectional roving is used in many areas where it is orientated in the direction of the applied loadings. Thorough bonding of bulkheads to both hull and deck assure a comprehensive structural unit that can withstand any weather conditions which might be encountered.
BALTIC YACHTS OVERVIEW:
Baltic Yachts was founded 35 years ago in 1973 by five men looking to build superior yachts – or superyachts - that would give them the edge over their competitors. Baltic Yachts is now one of the leading names in custom and semi-custom made luxury yachts for sale.
The Baltic Yachts Ltd yard is located in a village called Bosund on the West coast of Finland. Here they have developed excellent facilities for building their yachts.
The first yacht built by Baltic Yachts Ltd was the Baltic 46 in 1974. Since then they have built custom and semi-custom built yachts for sale in all sizes from 38ft to 152ft.
- Our understanding is that the yacht is exempt from CE Confirmity as she was in use in the EEA prior to June 1998.
Hull Construction, deck and superstructure construction:
- Balsa core fibreglass sandwich using fibreglass mat. Unidirectional roving and mat/roving combination to develop an extremely rigid yet light and well insulated structure.
- All high stress areas are specially strengthened with built up of unidirectional roving oriented in the direction of the stress.
- Transverse floors and longitudinal stringers are made up of unidirectional roving and fabmat around a low density core.
- There are limber holes in floors to allow drainage to sump.
- White hull finish with black stripes
- Hand laid-up moulded fibreglass with balsa core for stiffening and insulation, extra reinforcement incorporated in way of winches and fittings.
- The deck has a high strength/weight ratio and is bonded to the hull with layers of roving and through bolted.
- Teak laid deck – replaced 2013
Keel & Rudder:
- An external fin keel, cast to high accuracy in lead with added antimony, is through bolted to the hull.
- The cantilevered balanced spade rudder is moulded from fibreg1ass and fitted with a stainless steel rudder stock.
- The rudder stock passes through bronze bearings and a stuffing box which is strongly bonded to the hull.
Engine & gearbox:
- Volvo 2003 28hp 3-cylinder naturally aspirated diesel engine
- Fresh water engine cooling via raw water intake and heat exchanger
- Single level engine control
Service & Maintenance:
- Engine completed overhauled - 2017
Propulsion & Steering:
- 2-bladed adjustable propeller
- Wheel steering with hide-covered stainless steel wheel
- Emergency tiller
- 12vDC domestic systems with 220vAC via shore-power
- 12vDC engine start battery – replaced 2017
- 12vDC service batteries – replaced 2017
- 12v engine-mounted alternator
- 220vAC 12v battery charger – 2011
- 220vAC shore power system
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
- Pressurised hot & cold water via 12vDC pressure pump
- Manual water pump
- Cockpit shower with electric pump
- Cold pressurised fresh water supply to galley and heads
- 2x Whale Gusher manual bilge pumps
- 12vDC electric bilge pump with float switch
- Stainless steel 80 litres fuel tank with
- Stainless steel 130 litres water capacity tank
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
- Raymarine GPS chartplotter – 2017
- Raymarine autopilot control - 2017
- Tacktick wireless wind display with transducer – 2017
- Tacktick wireless speed/log/depth display with transducer – 2017
- Steering compass on helm pedestal
At Chart Table:
- Raymarine Smartpilot Autopilot computer - 2017
- B&G Hercules System190 navigation computer with master keyboard - 1980
- B&G Hercules System 190 multi-function repeater at chart table - 1980
- Sailor VHF - 1980
- Stove with 3x burners
- Top loading ice box
- Twin stainless steel sinks with fresh and salt water manual pumps
- Heads and shower
- Manual water supplies with shower in heads
- Radio/CD with speakers
Summary of Accommodation:
- Up to 6 berths in forward cabin, aft cabin and saloon settees. Single heads.
- All joinery is teak faced with solid teak or laminated teak frames and capping. Satin varnish finish.
- Kick plates on steps and chafing pieces on sills are provided
- Cloth upholstery through out
- Formica galley surfaces
- Floorboards with laid teak veneer
Accommodation Layout From Forward:
- Forward Cabin - Sail stowage in bins. Berths (Port and Starboard) over hanging locker with shelves to port and starboard.
- Heads - Moulded GRP basin in special hygienic gelcoat. Lockers for stowage. Toilet with overboard discharge.
- Saloon - Pilot berths (Port and Starboard). Centre table with folding wings, deep fiddles and centre stowage. Stowage port and starboard.
- Galley – L-shaped galley with 3-burner stone, large icebox, dry good stowage lockers. Stainless steel sink unit.
- Chart table – Forward facing chart table with seat. Hanging locker aft.
- Aft cabin – Double berth to starboard, hanging locker, seat, mirror. Storage space under berth. Heads on port.
- Aluminium mast and boom
- Spars black anodised
- Slab reefing
- Halyards and control lines led aft to companionway winches
- Manual genoa furler
- Stainless steel rod standing rigging - 2006
- Single backstay with mechanical adjustment
- Textile removable inner forestay for staysail – 2017
- Spinnaker track on mast with line-tender
- Babystay with track adjustment
- Foredeck track for staysail
- Block & tackle vang
- 2x 55ST 2-speed self-tailing primary winches in cockpit
- 2x 44 spinnaker/secondary winches in cockpit
- 3x 2-speed self-tailing control line winches at companionway
- 4x mast-base winches for halyards (most control lines are now led aft to companionway)
- Main sail Millennium
- Genoa 150% One sail
- Jib 100% One sail
- Staysail Diamond with forestay
- Old Main, Jib and stormsail
- Double stainless lifelines with stainless steel stanchions
- Wooden pasarelle
- Swimming ladder
- Tender with Suzuki 2,5 hp outboard engine
- Cockpit table
Covers & Canvas:
- Wheel cover
- Boom cover
Anchoring & Mooring:
- 12vDC electric anchor windlass
- Anchor with chain
- Fenders & warps
Tender & Outboard:
- Inflatable tender with Suzuki 2.5hp 4-stroke outboard
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
- RINA valid until 2020
- Liefsaving equipment for beyond 50Nm offshore
- Liferaft – in service until 2019
- 406Mhz EPIRB
Lying Marina di Scarlino, Italy
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead Broker: Michele Antonini – Grabau International (Italia)
Tel: +39 333 74 89 281 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Alex Grabau at +44(0)1590 673715
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Baltic Yachts
Designer: C&C Design Group
Flag of Registry: Italy
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 11.30 m
Beam: 3.66 m
LWL: 8.33 m
Minimum Draft: 2.06 m
Maximum Draft: 2.06 m
Displacement: 6155 kgs
Ballast: 2775 kgs
Total Power: 28 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo Penta
Year Built: 1980
Engine Model: 2003
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 28 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: Stainless steel (130 Liters)
Fuel Tanks: Stainless steel (80 Liters)
Number of single berths: 4
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
Number of bathrooms: 1
Wind speed and direction
Electric bilge pump
Manual bilge pump
Shore power inlet
Electrical Circuit: 12V
Grabau International (Italia) offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International (Italia) provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Dedicated client accounts provided by stakeholder Grabau International Limited are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.
Other Boats from Grabau International
San Giorgio di Nogaro, Italy
San Remo, Italy
58 / 59 Custom