1979 J Boats 30
- 360° Photo
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Located In:
- Nashville, TN
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 19,900
- Sale Pending
FLASH ! ! Originally asking 29,950.00 then reduced to 24,950.00
NOW ONLY 19,900.00 until Jan 31st, 2020. This IS A STEAL! !
Get close and you will own this lovely J-30 ! ! !
This J 30 is different in many ways from most 1979 J 30's. Try the math and go buy an 11,000 to 18,000 $ J 30 and then do all of the work that has been done on this largely Freshwater J 30, install a new diesel and you will have somewhere over 30k to 35k invested - - plus a lot of your time. This J 30 has already been beautifully reworked and is ready to go. She includes:
A totally refinished deck, both new non-skid and Urethane painted smooth surfaces. New Harken self tailing winches for the cabin top and for the primaries in the cockpit, new sheet stoppers and all new running rigging, new expensive opening ports with proper window frames and a new Ritchie bulkhead compass are some of the upgrades. This is ANYTHING but a tired boat.
Appears to be a NEW KUBOTA Diesel - - look at the photos and it will say it all. No worn out motor mounts - - all new. Very LOW hours. NO need to replace a diesel for $10,000 or better as this has already been done and ready for years of service.
The interior is clean and fresh. Even looking in the bilge you'll find most visible surfaces have been properly painted. The rest of the interior is just as decent. Look at the photos of the interior and you will agree.
The Underbody is virtually flawless with a new VC 17 FAST underbody.
With all of this done by the owner who accomplished this, he met with line honors at his club on Old Hickory Lake in Nashville.
So if you are looking for a great club racer that is READY TO GO, new sails, rigging, underbody, new diesel with an interior that you and your first mate can be proud of and for less than the cost of a new 19' Lightning class one-design you have probably met your Waterloo with "OPERATION OVERLORD".
As for relocation you can either motor her by water to Kentucky Lake and finally to the Gulf Coast down the Tennessee Tombigbee Waterway or Rooke Sails can assist with a complete turnkey relocation to her new home port as necessary. No trailer included.
Come get this great club racer that can pass handsomely as a week-end cabin for you and your family. If you never race her you will have endless hours of pleasure sailing this thoroughbred J 30. She is a most unique J 30. When you see her YOU will say '"YES"" ! !
IT'S YOUR MOVE ! !
Contact: Chris Rooke, ROOKE SAILS, INC., 1744 Prescott So., Memphis, Tn. @ I-240 & US 78
DEALERS FOR: Beneteau, Hunter trailerbles, Precision, & Laser/Sunfish
ur full service Mid-South sailboat dealer Rooke Sails can install virtually any accessory electrical or Mechanical. Complete with equipment for delivering & freshwater launching sailboats to 20,000, our trucks are sign crane equipped for a complete turnkey re=commissioning effort. Sailmaking facilities on site we specialize in Sail repair and custom canvas. Full yard services for Hull buffing/polishing,bottom painting and blister work, etc. . Always looking for quality listings, please give us a call for professional assistance. We are a past J Boat dealer.
Celebrating our 49th professional season serving the Sailing Community.
Please contact Chris Rooke at 901 744-8500
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 30 ft 7 in
Beam: 11 ft 2 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 3 in
Displacement: 7000 lbs
Ballast: 2100 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 47 ft 6 in
Headroom: 6 ft 2 in
Number of heads: 1
- LOA 29' 10"
- LWL 25' 0"
- BEAM 11' 2"
- DRAFT 5' 3"
- DISPLACEMENT 7,100 LBS
- BALLAST 2,100 , Part of Displacement
- SAIL AREA 444 sq ft
- I = 34.19 ft
- J = 11.5 ft
- P = 38.00 ft
- E = 13.00 ft
- MAST HEIGHT ABOVE WATERLINE 47. 6'
SAILS & CANVAS
- MAIN SAIL - - Dacron in good condition
- 155% HEAD SAIL - Mylar with Black Aramid fibers
- 100% HEAD SAIL - Mylar with Black Aramid fibers
- SPINNAKER , Symmetrical, Multi colored
Reworked, Replaced Items
- Entire Deck has been reworkd
- Smooth areas freshly painted with a Catalysed Ureathane - - looks new - - shines
- Non-skid, New and nicely aggressive pattern, beautifully done
- New Halyards
- New exit blocks in mast exit holes
- New Harken Self tailing winches
- New Harken Self tailing Primary winches
- New Sheet Stoppers
- New Ritchie Bulkhead mounted compass
- 155% and 100% very recent head sails
- Fresh VC 17 Flawless antifouling paint - - teflon racing paint
- New Diesel
- New cushion covers for main cabin settee seats
- Most all surfaces on interior on hull and Vberth walls have been painted, everything is spiffy
- New quality off shore type opening ports rather than the standard fixed port - expensive but REALLY nice.
- Looks more like a 10 yr old boat than a 39 yr old boat - - Wonderful boat.
- 120 volt system with distribution panel
- 30 amp shore power cord
- 12 volt system with distribution panel
- Dual Battery selector switch
- Battery charger
- 12 volt outlet
- Amp Meter
- B & G Knotmeter / depthmether / wind speed/wind direction
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.