1978 Swan Point Swan 411
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 125,000 Tax Paid (US$ 162,725)
This beautiful S&S designed Swan 411 has been in the same ownership for 17 years and has been maintained almost regardless of cost. Purchased in the US Virgin Islands (with an engineering log book dating back to 1989) and sailed back to the UK in 1997 (VAT Paid) she went through a major refit including removing the keel, rebuilding the engine and a repaint. Since then she has been continuously updated and maintained in good condition.
She took part in the ARC in 2004 and won not only her class but the cruising division overall. Since being in the Caribbean she has been continuously upgraded by Dynamite Marine including NEW engine, re-sprayed, NEW toe rails, hatches and windows changed, windlass fitted, rigging and mast serviced and rewired, NEW instrumentation and NEW floor boards and veneers to the table. The owner is looking to purchase a larger Swan
Please contact Dynamite Marine at +1 868 634 4868
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Nautor Swan
Designer: Sparkman & Stephens
Flag of Registry: United Kingdom
LOA: 40 ft 8 in
Beam: 11 ft 9 in
Minimum Draft: 7 ft 9 in
Ballast: 10800 lbs
Dry Weight: 23000 lbs
Total Power: 63 HP
Engine Brand: NANNI
Year Built: 2006
Engine Model: Turbo
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 63 HP
Hull & Deck
- Hull color is Flag Blue Awlgrip although hand painted in 1998 by Don Smy at Hamble Point she was re-spayed in late 2012. A double thickness of top coat was applied to eliminate the use of clear coat.
- Cockpit and coamings sprayed 2011.
- Teak decks were replaced in 1995/96 and glued with polysulphide seams.
- Keel was removed in 1997 for inspection.
- Toe rails were replaced in 2012 by Dynamite Marine.
- Preventative underwater hull treatment was undertaken in 2005 when the hull was stripped left to dry for over 12 months before being epoxy coated.
- Antifouling last applied January 2014.
- Fore hatch, windows and main hatch replaced 2010, Giot hatches serviced annually.
- Re-galvanized keel plates and lifting eye 1997/8.
- Stainless steel mast step 1997.
- Steering pedestal refurbished 2011
- NANNI Turbo Diesel engine fitted in 2006 but with still with minimal engine hours (<400) due to lack of use of the boat in the intervening years. Serviced annually and engine oil changed before laying up.
- NEW exhaust system 2006
- NEW prop shaft, stern gland and propeller (3 blade Max Prop).
- MV – 2 Morse engine controls rebuilt 2010
- Raw water filter 2010.
- Diesel tank steam cleaned 2012, new filler hose fitted 2013 and DB 82 biocide used regularly, Racor filter replace 2012.
- Engine offers 30 to 35 hours motoring range
- Engine crank battery 110 Ah (2012) and house batteries 180 Ah (2013).
- Full engineering logbook kept since 1989 with most bills, invoices and photographs of work undertaken available since 1998.
- Most equipment manuals and tools available on the boat are to be included in the sale.
- The instrument panel / electrical control panel was replaced with similar brushed aluminium facia with all new trips and engraving to match upgraded instrumentation in 2003. All wiring was re-terminated with modern connectors and re-numbered.
- Engine controls and alarms rewired and renumbered in 2004.
- Batteries: Engine: 110 Ah (2012) and House: 180 Ah (2013).
- ZANTREX battery charger and 110V invertor to internal boat ring main. 240V invertor with socket in aft cabin.
- 240V and 110 V shore power connections and cables
- SOLAREX 40 watt solar panel wired through Polystar regulator (2004).
- Standing Rigging all replaced during the period 2001 to 2004 with dyform wire and the forestay replaced again in 2012. All bottle screws checked and serviced in 2012 when the mast was removed from the boat.
- Running Rigging replaced 2012 with dyneama where applicable.
- Mast is original and serviced in 2012.
- Boom: NEW carbon fibre fitted 2009.
- Roller Furling: HARKEN / NORTH split drum arrangement with recent torque tube.
- NEW Spinnaker Pole: SELDEN / HARKEN carbon fibre (2004)
- HARKEN mainsheet traveler system including “windward sheeting” traveler car
- Halyard deflector fitted to ensure trouble free roller furling.
- Cockpit adjustable HARKEN genoa lead cars.
- ANDERSON line tender on spinnaker pole track.
- SPARTITE mast partner system (961) installed 2013
- NEW insulators were fitted to the backstay in 2001
- ABI Quick release leaver on the babystay with a short insert extension allows the babystay to be move forward as an inner forestay allowing the setting of a very effective storm jib . (NB Wire strop and bottle screw below deck for support.)
- NAVTEC hydraulic backstay and boom vang replaced in 2009 and main pump assembly rebuilt 2010 by NAVTEC agent in BVI’s.
- Genoa (2off) : LEWMAR 62 CST
- Spinnaker Sheet / Guy: LEWMAR 48
- Fore Guy (2 off): LEWMAR 40
- Main Halyard winch on mast: LEWMAR 40 CST
- Genoa Halyard (2 off) : LEWMAR 44
- Spinnaker Halyard (2 off): LEWMAR 48
Navigaton & Electronics
- Compass: DANFORTH CONSTELLATION in SS binnacle rebuilt 1998.
- New RAYTHEON E7 series with the latest software fitted January 2014 including auto pilot, radar and AIS. Capable of linking to iPad for control at chart table
- Autopilot: RAYTHEON linked to AUTOHELM ST 6000 (refurbished 2012).
- VHF: ICOM M59 with DCS connected with external speaker
- SSB: ICOM 710 with 130 Tuner – 1996.
- VHF h/held: ICOM H ME90 - 1997
- VHF antennae: GAM – 1997
- Wifi Booster antennae and associated software.
- NAVTEX 2004
- Satelite phone: SIMRAD / IRIDIUM for voice and data connection.
- Spare VHF antennae on transom mounted SS areal arrangement.
- Mast rewired – 2013 for new masthead / anchor light (LED), steaming deck light and new RAYTHEON radar and wind instruments.
- EPIRB – 2004
- New FUSION radio system with CD player and remote iPhone / ipod input mounting with new internal 140 W and external speakers 90W 2014.
- Main: NORTH - SR Spectra (top 3 batterns full length) 2006 – little use
- Genoa: NORTH - SR Spectra No 1 (used 4 times in Antigua Week 2006).
- Somerset - (US Virgin Islands) Kevlar Blade No3 (used once).
- Jib: UK - 115% working jib – good roller furler cruising sail.
- Storm Jib; HOOD.
- Gennaker: NORTH - with sock (2200sq ft.)
- Radial Spinnaker: NORTH - 0.75oz – only used Antigua week 2006
- Radial Spinnaker: HOOD - 1.5oz .
Accommodation & Galley
- Acrylic Cotton Velour upholstery throughout, slate blue with 4” foam in beautiful condition.
- Private aft cabin with double berth to port and single to starboard with bench seat between
- Fo’c’sle conversion from pipe berths to large “V” berth with filler (7ft x 7ft) and added sail storage, warp storage and clothes hamper.
- Interior is in beautiful condition with NEW floor boards, table veneer and with NEW instrumentation the chart table area is de-cluttered.
Hot and cold pressurized water system with accumulator (hot from 110V shore power or the engine).
- Sink: Stainless steel with salt water foot pump.
- Water storage: 66 gallons in 3 (monel) tanks with inspection plates and baffles.
- Cooker/Oven/Grill: FORCE 10 stainless steel 2 burner propane
- Refrigerator with ice compartment: ADLER / BARBOUR – 1996.
- Shower: Hand held unit with automatic sump pump
- Head: RARITAN PH – 11 with recent pump and pipes.
- Windlass: LEWMAR plus capstan (2012) plus 300ft of calibrated chain and warp
- Anchor 1: DANFORTH 35lb h/tenstile
- Anchor 2: FORTRESS FX 37
- Anchor 3: BRUCE 15lb stainless steel .
- Assorted lines and warps including (2) 75ft x 30mm multi plait mooring lines.
- Fenders: (4 ) plus buoy type fender.
- Bimini: SUNBRELLA grey with stainless steel frame
- Cockpit cushions: grey Textilene
- Forward hatch awning: SUNBRELLA grey
- Main companion way hatch cover: SUNBRELLA grey
- Leather wheel cover
- leather turnbuckle covers and spreader tips.
- Manual Bilge Pumps (2): WHALE GUSHER (one at helmsman and one at navigation table)
- Electric Bilge Pump: RULE with float switch (new 2014)
- Cockpit shower
- Flares, SS Boat hook, Flag staff, Emergency Tiller.
For potential purchasers who may wish to take the boat back to Europe any work or equipment (including sails) that they might wish to undertaken or purchase can be sourced tax and VAT free before importation.
The present owner is in a position to assist with repatriation back into Europe.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Caribbean Office
Flybridge Motor Cruiser
St. Martin, St. Maarten/St. Martin
CHAGUARAMAS, Trinidad and Tobago
CHAGUARAMAS, Trinidad and Tobago
Chaguaramas, Trinidad and Tobago
CHAGUARAMAS, Trinidad and Tobago