1978 Formosa Cutter Ketch
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Kemah, TX
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 99,900
Classic Staysail Ketch
New Full Batten Mainsail 2019
Wide Uncluttered Decks
Huge Walk-in Engine Room
Standing Rigging Replaced 2014
Ford Lehman Main Rebuilt 2006
Rounded Furniture Corners for Safety Underway
The Formosa 51` has earned a solid reputation as one of the finest, most comfortable cruising yachts to be found anywhere. Windsong has been a popular choice for sunset sails in the Galveston Bay area for many years. Her classic good looks draw attention wherever she goes. She has been owner captained in a successful charter business and has the potential to continue as a classic charter vessel or to take her new owners to their dream destinations.
Contact the listing broker today to set up a time to see this beautiful classic.
With over 50 boats in two locations, it’s like a boat show every day!
Contact the listing broker
Paul Stehfest Paul@LittleYachtSales.com 903-401-9049
Want to sell your boat? I'm always looking for clean, quality listings. Contact me for a free, professional, personalized market evaluation.
Paul Stehfest, CPYB
Your Source For
New Lagoon Catamarans
New Catalina Yachts
And over 100 Quality Brokerage Boats
Certified Professional Yacht Broker (CPYB)
Florida Licensed Broker # YSL8978
Gulf Coast Yacht Brokers Association (GCYBA)
Please contact Paul Stehfest at (903) 401-9049
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 51 ft 0 in
Beam: 14 ft 9 in
LWL: 39 ft 7 in
Displacement: 56000 lbs
Ballast: 12000 lbs
Total Power: 120 HP
Engine Brand: Ford Lehman
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 120 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (150 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (150 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (35 Gallons)
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2
Electrical and Mechanical
- Ford Lehman main engine 120 hp. Total rebuild 2006
- Air cooled generator condition unknown
- ProNautic 12V 50 amp battery charger
- 80 Amp alternator
- Blue Sky breaker panel
- Xantrex battery monitor
- Engine gauges within easy view of helm
- Energy efficient 12v Hella Turbo fans
- 4000 gph electric bilge pump
- 1500 gph electric bilge pump
- Hydraulic steering
- 2 Air conditioning units are nonfunctional, but plumbing and connections are there.
- Garmin GMR 24 mile High Definition radar
- Garmin GPS 4208 chart plotter
- Garmin GPS 720 chart plotter
- Raymarine ST6002 Smart Pilot
- Garmin GMI 20 Wind
- West Marine VHF480 at helm
- Raymarine floating handheld VHF
- Ritchie compass
- Spare Ritchie compass
- Fiberglass deck with non-skid
- Large decking over bow sprit with SS pulpit for safe anchor and foresail management
- Seat forward on bow sprit
- Bronze dorades with teak boxes
- 2 Large butterfly hatches forward and large hatch aft of cockpit
- Spacious cockpit with plenty of room for guests and crew
- Traditional solid teak wheel
- Cockpit cushions
- Bimini with side shades
- Teak wheel
- Fold-down cockpit table
- Engine gauges
- Lewmar electric horizontal windlass
- 45lb Fortress anchor
- 90 lb Plow anchor
- Two 150 feet 3/8” anchor chain
Rigging, Sails and Sail Handling Equipment
- Cutter ketch rig
- Outboard chainplates for easy inspection
- Rebuilt mast step 2014
- Standing rigging replaced 2014
- Rat-lines up shrouds
- Hank-on foresail with Sunbrella cover
- Hank-on staysail with Sunbrella cover
- New mainsail with full battens 2019
- Mizzen sail
- Long traveler for mainsail
- Long traveler for mizzen
- Outboard genoa tracks with Garhauer blocks
- Inboard staysail tracks
- Gimbaled 2 burner Force 10 propane stove with oven
- Double SS sink with vegetable sprayer
- Hot and cold pressure water
- Built-in microwave
- Secure galley with a lot counter space
- Plenty of lockers and drawers for stowage
- Wood stove/heater
Windsong’s interior walls and bulkheads feature solid teak staving and many of her doors sport intricate custom carvings of tall ships. She has copious amounts of storage throughout. The overhead was painted with cream colored Awlgrip.
The salon is huge and very functional. To port is a very long and deep L-shaped settee with tons of storage behind in nicely finished ventilated teak lockers. There is also storage below. To starboard is a long, straight settee, also with a great deal of storage behind and below.
There are more large lockers forward and to starboard of the salon. Just to port of the storage lockers is the forward head with a manual commode, wet shower and vanity.
Then comes the forward cabin with bunk berths with lee board and storage locker.
All the way aft is the master suite with a large berth and two padded seating/lounging areas, huge hanging lockers, drawers and a teak stairway that leads to the deck. A private head with electric commode, bathtub with stand-up shower and a vanity is to starboard.
The passageway that leads from the master to the salon houses a large fridge and freezer outboard, which also doubles as a spacious countertop. Just forward is the forward-facing nav station and desk.
To starboard and centerline of vessel is a walk-in engine room with excellent access to engine, generator and mechanical systems.
The well-designed galley is to starboard of the companionway.
The Listing Brokerage Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel regardless of information provided. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. PLEASE NOTE: All electronics are listed for verification purposes but not warranted in the selling price of the boat.
Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, any warranties expressed or implied and/or any engine service as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
All the yacht brokerage agents at the listing company are Independent Contractors.
Other Boats from Little Yacht Sales
DOUBLE HEADSAIL KETCH
Kemah, TX, United States
Kemah, TX, United States