1978 Custom 20m Steel Ketch
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Kiel, Germany
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- EUR 129,500 (US$ 145,713)
- Sale Pending
Vast amount of yacht and keel for the asking price. This 20m Steel Ketch has had oodles spent on her over the years and has been in the same family for the last 40. She has been set up to be easily sailed by two with wonderful in-boom furling. Her modest ask is reflective of the fact that her engine, generator and electrics need some work having suffered some water damage.
Please contact Sophie Kemp at +44 (0)1590 679222
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Bideford Shipyard, Bristol
LOA: 65 ft 7 in
Beam: 16 ft 10 in
LWL: 52 ft 0 in
Minimum Draft: 9 ft 10 in
Displacement: 65000 kgs
Total Power: 300 HP
Engine Brand: MAN
Engine Model: 11.4l 300hp/221kw D2866TE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 300 HP
Number of single berths: 9
Number of cabins: 4
Number of heads: 3
RCD Status: Our understanding is that the yacht is exempt from the essential safety requirements of the Recreational Craft Directive as she was built and placed into use within the EU prior to 1998.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Built at Bideford Shipyard, Bristol UK to Lloyds 110A1.
- One off design by D.F. Hudson.
- Hull is made of unmagnetic Cunife steel (Copper-Nickel), the same steel submarines are built of.
Keel & Rudder:
- 9 tonnes of ballast.
- Full skeg rudder.
- Long keel.
- Net protection for rudder and propeller.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x 6 Cylinder MAN 11.4l 300hp/221kw D2866TE (2006). In need of refurb after suffering water damage.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine hours – approx 1,400 as of May 2020.
- Engine last serviced: Nov 2018.
- Cruising speed – approx 9 knots.
- Maximum speed – approx 10.5 knots.
- Fuel consumption at cruising speed – approx 20 litres per hour.
- Range @ cruising speed – approx 2250 Nm.
Propulsion & Steering:
- 5-bladed folding propeller.
- Hydraulic steering.
- Hydraulic bowthruster.
- 12vDC & 24vDC domestic system with 220v ring main from generator and shorepower.
- 8 x 200Ah 12V.
- 2 x 200Ah start batteries.
- 2 x Battery chargers.
- 1 x 24V engine alternator.
- Fischer Panda Diesel Generator 3Kw. In need of refurb after suffering water damage.
- Generator hours – approx 500 as of Nov. 2018.
- Generator last serviced: Nov 2018.
- 220V shore power.
- Shore power cable.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- 2000 litre fresh water.
- 50l Hot water tank heated via engine or electrical.
- 4 pumps throughout the yacht.
- 2 Tanks with a total of 5,250 litres diesel.
- 2,000 litres.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- 3 Tanks with a total of 380l.
- Simrad AP50 autopilot.
- B&G Network nav.
- Raymarine wind display (2018).
- Raymarine i70 (2018).
- B&G Hydra 2000 GPS.
- Furuno GP39 GPS.
- Samsung TV.
Internal Helm Station:
- Raymarine chartplotter and radar (2018).
- Simrad AP50 autopilot.
- Simrad DSC VHF.
- Electric oven.
- 4 burner ceramic hob.
- Fridge with deep freezer compartment.
- Wine cooler.
- Washing machine.
- Tumble dryer.
- 3 showers in separate cabins with warm/cold water.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Central heating in all rooms with diesel oven.
- TV and radio.
- Ceiling lights and reading lights throughout.
Summary of Accommodation:
- 9 berth in 4 cabins.
- Interior finished in joinery wood, all newly decorated and refitted in 2017/2018.
- Saloon with blue Alcantara seat covers, cushions etc.
Description of layout from forwards:
- 2 V-shaped berth plus shower and toilet in forward cabin, separate ladder to the deck.
- Starboard guest cabin with 2 bunk beds.
- Portside guest cabin with 2 bunk beds.
- Guest toilet with shower starboard.
- Galley portside.
- Saloon with fixed table and banks for 8 people, helm stand, chart table, storage room, deck ladder.
- Master cabin with 3 separate beds, separate heads with toilet and shower.
- Ketch rig.
- Alloy masts, painted white.
- 2 x Furling booms electrical driven.
- Carbon spinnaker pole.
- Cutter stay.
- 4 x Lewmar 65’ – 2 x powered.
- 2 x Lewmar 45’ - manual.
- Age ranges from 2011-2017
- Main sail 90m2.
- Jib 80m2.
- Cutter 50m2.
- Mizzen 50m2.
- Gennaker 180m2.
- Spinnaker 340m2.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- 120Kg CQR.
- Electric windlass.
- 60m steel chain.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Seat cushions and for cockpit seats.
- Winter tarpaulin to cover the whole boat.
Tender & Outboard:
- Avon RIB approx. 5m.
- 20hp Yamaha engine.
- 1 liferaft for 8 persons.
- Throughout the yacht.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
20m Steel Ketch, LINDA THE @ Berthon.co.uk
Other Boats from Berthon
Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Elliot 1850 Schooner
Bay of Islands, New Zealand
Alloy 72 Sloop
Marigot Bay, St. Lucia
German Frers 60
Lymington, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Holman & Pye 53
Levington, Suffolk, United Kingdom