1977 Nautor Swan 65
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Annapolis, MD
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 590,000
This Nautor Swan 65 has been extremely well cared for throughout her life. Her list of upgrades is endless and her previous owners have all treated her incredibly well. In recent years, she has had sails, bow thruster, generator and rebuilt engine. The current owner sails her double handed up and down the E Cast and Caribbean. Full details of all work carried in her specification.
Offered to co-brokers on a commission split of 50/50.
Please contact Jennifer Stewart at +1 (401) 855 8404
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Nautor Swan
Designer: Sparkman & Stephens
LOA: 64 ft 3 in
Beam: 16 ft 3 in
LWL: 47 ft 0 in
Minimum Draft: 9 ft 6 in
Displacement: 35000 kgs
Total Power: 150 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo Penta
Engine Model: TMD41B
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 150 HP
Number of single berths: 8
Number of cabins: 4
Number of heads: 3
This Swan 65 has been extremely well cared for by her past two owners. She had an extensive refit in 1995 in Finland by an ex-Nautor staff yard in Kokkola, which included re-laminations of interior, etc. Then in 2001, her owner was determined to have her looking very smart for the Silver Jubilee with a new rig, faired underwater profile and upgrading her sail inventory. In 2006, the boat was sold to an American client who again spent a substantial amount at the Berthon Yard in Lymington, and then sailed across the Atlantic and cruised the East Coast. The current owner handles the boat with himself and his wife, sailing up and down the East Coast and the Caribbean. Again, very little expense has been spared, with a new bow thruster, new sails, new generator, totally rebuilt engine & transmission, etc. Ready to go anywhere, anytime!
Summary of Refit Work Done:
This is NOT an old "needs work" Swan 65. Her purchase price has been spent at least twice on upgrading by her last three owners, all of whom have loved the boat and cruised her extensively.
In summary, in 1995, the boat was taken to Finland for his first refit, done by an ex Nautor employee who had opened his own boat yard. New decks were laid, and the aluminum toerails also replaced. The interior was taken down to bare wood, relaminations done where needed, and revarnished. The main salon was customized and the owner's cabin modified to accomodate a stall shower. The headliner was done along with all new cabin lighting.
In 2001, $500K plus was spent in preparing the boat for the Silver Jubilee. The new tall rig was supplied by Nautor in anodized aluminium, as was original, but 1 meters taller. All new Harken deck hardware, powered secondaries and coffee grinder primaries were installed. The heads were replaced, all new B&G instruments, and a new set of 3DL racing sails, new autopilot and new genset.
In 2006, another refit involving all hardware, electronics and systems - what needed to be done was done! Cabin and topsides were taken down to original and re-awlgripped flag blue. New SSB ICOM, new sat. communications, new radar, new computer & GPS system, new VHF, all new cockpit instruments and controls, new main DC panel, and all new batteries. The watermaker was added, the new AC/DC refrigeration and compressor, new air conditioning forward, new propane system/alarms, new soft furnishings, new hatches & Lexan. The hydraulics were refurbished, new pumps and hoses, new electric primaries, new safety gear.
In 2007, the complete interior was revarnished including floorboards. New interior lighting and a new Racor system.
In 2009-2011, this owner has continued, with a complete engine/trans. rebuild, new Racor system, bow thruster, new generator, new air conditioning aft, new water system, new autopilot, new Corian countertops in galley, new electric toilets, new sails and new upholstery.
In 2017, new teak decks, painted white in 2013, engine totally rebuilt to zero hours, batteries completely replaced in 2019, and lately a new Kohler genset in 2019. The owner continuously upgrades his boat!
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Hull is solid GRP laminate, with the underbody treated with epoxy in 1996.
- EDEN is hauled bi-annually, bottom sanded and painted (due spring 2020).
- EDEN was repainted white (was flag blue) in 2013.
- The superstructure is also white awlgrip done in 2006.
- Teak decks (new 2017).
Keel & Rudder:
- Her lead keel/stainless steel bolts were stripped and faired in November of 2000, along with the rudder and the bottom faired to racing finish.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x Volvo Penta TMD41B 150hp diesel engine, rebuilt in 2014 to zero time.
- ZF transmission (2014).
- Racor fuel filter system (2014).
Maintenance & Performance:
- Cruising Speed: 7.5 knots.
- Maximum Speed: 9.5 knots.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Shaft (2006) with deep-sea seal (2014).
- 3-bladed MaxProp (rebuilt 2014).
- Bow thruster (2011).
- All cockpit wind instruments 2019 B&G Triton.
- Destroyer type steering wheel with elkhide cover (2008).
- Electric system renewed in 1995 including new distribution panel, distribution circuit breakers, lights and pumps.
- New main breaker and wiring (2006).
- 24v house battery bank (2019).
- 12v main engine battery (2019).
- 12v generator batteries (2019).
- 1 x Battery charger 100 amp/24v (2014).
- Kohler genset 2019, 7 kW with soundshield.
- 220v Shore power.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Hot water from main engine, generator or shorepower.
- Water heating system element was replaced in 2006.
- Water pressure system (replaced 2019).
- Black water and fresh water pipes replaced in 2018.
- Spectra automatic watermaker (2017) with output of 30 gph.
- New membranes (2019).
- 2 x Manual bilge pumps (2011).
- 2 x Electric bilge pumps (2019).
- Total capacity of 1000 litres (220 gallons) in stainless steel tanks.
- Total capacity of 750 litres (160 gallons) in stainless steel tanks.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- Black water tanks forward and aft.
- Gas system replaced in 2018.
- B & G Sailing Triton 4 instruments with 4 x 20/20 displays, 2 x FFD displays
- IMMARSAT Satellite communications connected to PC with handset, 2014.
- SKYMATE VMS system loaded on personal IPAD for email and weather (2017).
- Icom 504 VHF with cockpit hand set (2006).
- Raytheon E80 cockpit mounted nav system and 4 Kw 24V radome scanner integrated with Raystar GPS (2006).
- Autohelm ST7000 autopilot (refurbished 2009; used as backup autopilot).
- Simrad Autopilot (2010), primary.
- Icom MF1 x 2 handheld VHFs with mounted charging station.
- Force 10 3-burner stove with oven, 2015.
- Refrigeration (approx. 130 litres/freezer(approx. 160 Litres) system AC driven 230V, 2010, runs off genset or inverter (2017).
- 3 x Electric toilets (2010) with new pumps 2019.
- 3 x Showers, with stall shower in owner’s cabin.
- Cockpit fresh water shower (2006).
Heating & Ventilation:
- Air conditioning in main saloon and owner’s cabin (2011); A/C in forward cabins and crew quarters (2006), and upgraded in 2017 (fan coils, handlers).
- 24v fans in each cabin.
- TV/DVD player with Yamaha Surround Sound (2009).
- Ketch rig, 3 spreader main mast by Nautor which is 1m (I=23.83) taller than the standard rig. The mizzen was not extended (PY=13.73) but now there are 2 spreaders (approx. 2001).
- Keel stepped spars.
- Standing rigging in Navtec rod (2001).
- Triradial (between mizzen & main) replaced 2011.
- Running rigging inspected yearly and replaced as recommended by rigging company.
- Nautor main boom and mizzen boom (2001)
- Manual inner forestay.
- Furlex hydraulic furling forestay, refurbished 2006, which may be removed for racing.
- Furlex hudraulic furling to inner forestay, refurbished 2006 (not currently on the boat but available).
- Six lazy jacks
- Navtec hydraulic backstay rams (rebuilt 2019)
- Navtec hydraulic main boom vang (rebuilt 2019)
- Navtec hydraulic pumps (200) rebuilt 2015.
- Spinnaker pole with Sparcraft end fittings (2001) mounted on mast.
- Main mast fitted with tracks and cars in 2001.
- Genoa tracks and adjustable cars (2017).
- Carbon fiber bow sprit 2017.
- 2 x Lewmar 77 CEST primaries, electric (2006).
- 2 x Harken 66.3 secondaries, electric (2000).
- 2 x Harken 53 mainsheet manual winches (2000).
- 2 x Harken 46 main traveller/mizzen/halyard manual winches (2000).
- 2 x Harken 46 runner/genoa car manual winches (2000).
- 4 x Harken 53 halyard winches manual (2000).
- 2 x Harken 980 primaries cross linked to pedestals (which are removed and stored), manual (2000).
- Primary Cruising:
- North cruising Main with 3 reefs (2015).
- North 130% genoa (2014).
- Sanders furling staysail, 2006 and storm stay sail (previous owner)
- North mizzen sail (2010), light use
- North asym with sock, 2010
- North Mizzen staysail, 2018 (used all the time)
- Sobstad storm jib, unused, 1999.
- Storm try sail, unused, 1999.
Note: in a heated/air con storage hanger, there are numerous racing sails that the previous owner had used for the Jubilee and this owner for one Newport/Bermuda race. Buyer is welcome to take these sails as well.
- Teak genoa track fairings (2001).
- Lewmar hatches (replaced 2017).
- Foredeck hatch (refurbished 2017).
- Lexan on ports (replaced 2006).
- Teak cockpit table.
- Passerelle and boarding ladder.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- CQR anchor 2010.
- 35lb Fortress anchor.
- 300’ of chain (2010).
- Lofrans Falcon 1500 electric anchor windlass; recessed with remote (1995).
- Dock lines.
- Extra large inflatable fenders (2016).
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Custom made awning in beige; 2 x sections.
- Cockpit and bridge deck cushions, beige, 2019.
- Custom wind scoop.
Tender & Outboard, located in Annapolis, would need to be picked up there:
- AB 13’ hard bottom dinghy (2005).
- Yamaha 25hp 2-stroke outboard (2010).
- Winslow 8-man liferaft (2011).
- Automatic fire suppression systems for engine room (2006).
- MOB recovery module, 2019.
- Various flares, heaving lines, harnesses.
- Fire extinguishers throughout yacht.
Note: various spares available onboard.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Nautor Swan 65/023, EDEN @ BerthonUSA.com
Other Boats from Berthon USA (Newport, Rhode Island)
44 Mk II
Portsmouth, RI, United States
Port Townsend, WA, United States
Newport, RI, United States
Newport, RI, United States
Newport, RI, United States
Newport, RI, United States