1977 Sabre Sloop
- View Full Specifications
Major Refit 2010
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Westerly, RI
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 18,800
Significant price reduction to encourage a spring offer!
NIFTY is in excellent condition having been consistently upgraded over the years by her meticulous owners, including a comprehensive refit in 2010. Most recently her improvements include:
New VHF radio, antenna and wiring (2016)
New Hathway 150% genoa (2015)
New Dutchman system and conversion to fully battened mainsail (2015)
New mainsheet and block (2015)
Recent Cetol finish on exterior wood (2015)
New custom fitted Fairclough canvas winter cover (2014)
New lifelines (2014)
- New depth sounder sending unit (2015)
In addition to the above recent improvements, she underwent a major professional refit in 2010 including: repowered with 1998 Universal 18HP diesel (currently with less than 200 hours), new mainsail in 2011, several newer jibs, topsides Awlgripped Flag blue, decks painted beige, new sail cover, bottom powder blasted and barrier coated, new cushions, new standing rigging in 2012, new Shafer furler 2012, new cabin windows, new steering gear, radial and cable, new chain plates and much more.
Very well cared for by her knowledgeable owners and is in fine condition. Highly recommended and available to be seen at your convenience.
Please contact Brigid Rooney Hall, CPYB at (401) 596 8815
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 28 ft 5 in
Beam: 9 ft 2 in
Minimum Draft: 4 ft 4 in
Displacement: 7400 lbs
Total Power: 18 HP
Engine Brand: Universal
Year Built: 1998
Engine Model: M3-20B
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 200
Engine Power: 18 HP
Cruising Speed: 5 knots
Maximum Speed: 6 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: (20 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (20 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (12 Gallons)
- A teak interior with teak sole.
- Plenty of natural light and ventilation with 8 fixed ports as well as one large hatch and a dorade vent. Reading lamps at berths and settees and overhead lamps in the galley and head area.
- Forward cabin with V-berth, storage in 2 drawers and 2 lockers. Above berth there is storage in full length shelves P&S.
- Manual MSD to port and small vanity with stainless steel sink and manual fresh water to starboard.
- In the main cabin are settees P&S. The port settee can convert to a double berth.
- Storage behind the seat backs and lockers with sliding doors above.
- Fold down table bookcase
- Sleeps 5
- Convenient swim ladder
- Starboard L shaped galley
- Large icebox
- 2 burner Origo alcohol stove
- Manual fresh water
Sails and Rigging
- New Dutchman system and conversion to fully battened mainsail (2015)
- New mainsheet and block (2015)
- New Hathway 150% genoa (2015)
- 2010 K.Farrar Mainsail and 2010 Schaefer Headsail
- 4 or 5 various jibs
- Working jib 150%
- Masthead rig with Aluminum spars
- Telescpoing whisker pole
- 5-#30 Lewar self tailing winches with 2 handles
- 2- Group 27 batteries
- 12 v electrical panel
- 30 ft 30 amp shore power cord
- New VHF radio, antenna and wiring (2016)
- 2009 Datamarine Depth finder
- 2009 Datamarine Knot meter
- 2009 Ritchie Compass
- Auxiliary VHF antenna and mounting bracket
- Steering wheel
- Both manual and electric bilge pumps
- Also includes miscellaneous spare engine parts
- Radar reflector
- 5 Life Jackets
- 4 Fire extinguishers
- Life Sling
- 13# Danforth 15' 5/16'' chain
- 100' Nylon 1/2'' line
- Inboard 1998 Universal M3-20BEngine installed/repowered in 2010 with 5 knots cruising speed and 6.5 knots max speed.
- Currently less than 200 hours
- Fresh water cooled engine
- Oil and filters are changed annually.
- 20 gallon fuel tank
- 20 gallon water tank
- 12 gallon holding tank with deck pumpout OB via hull valve
Recent work completed since 2010
- Newer engine 1998 Universal 18 HP with less than 200 hours currently. Model M3-20B Ser#810896D-708
- New 12 v wiring
- New 12 v panel
- New shore power cable plugs
- New batteries and cables
- New battery switch
- New freshwater tank and hoses
- Galley sink buffed
- New Origo stove 2012
- #30 Lewmar winches
- New head and total head system
- New hull valves
- New mainsail 2011
- Several newer jibs
- Topside paint Awlgrip flag blue 2011
- Deck non-skid painted beige
- New sail cover
- Bottom powder blasted and barrier coated
- New cushions
- New curtains
- Interior sanded and oiled
- Exterior teak sanded and C-Tol
- New standing rigging 2012
- New Shafer furler 2012
- New running lights 2010
- New steaming and foredeck light
- New antenna
- New Windex
- New VHF co-ax Mast head to radio
- New anchor locker latch
- New mast step casting
- New cabin windows
- New helm cover
- New steering gear, radial & cables
- New Ritchie compass and wiring
- Prop reconditioned, shaft and cutless bearing new
- New depthsounder and knotmeter
- New teak taff rail aft
- Newer ground tackle 13# Danforth type anchor, 15' 5/16'' chain, 100'-1/2'' nylon line
- New boom vang
- New vang stopper cabin top
- New VHF radio
- New automatic bilge pump
- Replumbed manual bilge pump
- New foot pumps
- New holding tank discharge pump
- Painted bilges
- Reglassed floor timbers
- New cushions, curtains, and rods
- New main halyard winch on cabin top
- New cockpit scuppers &hoses
- New ice box drain pump
- Nw engine intake hull valve & strainer
- New engine exxhaust hoses
- New blower hoses
- New engine controls
- New rudder stuffing box hose & clamps
- New fuel fill hose
- Hull/keel joint seam fiberglassed
- New life lines
- New engine hoses from manufacturer 2011
- 2017- Owners have plans to replace the furling line and knot meter head this summer.
- 2016- New auxiliary VHF radio, antenna, wiring and mounting bracket.
- 2015- New depth sounder sending unit
- 2015- New Hathway 150% genoa.
- 2015- New Dutchman system and conversion to fully battened main sail.
- 2015- New main sheet and block.
- 2015- Recent Cetol finish on exterior wood.
- 2014- New custom fitted Fairclough canvas winter cover.
- 2014- New lifelines.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.