1976 Allied 36 Princess
- View Full Specifications
One of the last A-36' in excellent condition for her age!!
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Crownsville, MD
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 29,900
- Sale Pending
This "MUST SEE", beautifully maintained 1976 36' Allied Princess "Resolute" features recent Sails, all maintenance complete for the 2019 fall sailing season! Even has air conditioning and New inflatable dingy! Call today! Aggressive fair price of $29,900!
Her current owners have maintained her in top condition and her next owners will benefit from their 9 years of loving care!
1976 36' Allied Princess, "Resolute"
Builder: Allied Designer: Arthur Edmunds
LOA: 36 feet LWL: 27.42 feet
Engine(s): Westerbeke Hours: 2110
Total Power: 40
Fresh Water: 80
V-berth forward with hanging locker and storage. Sink with hot and cold water directly aft. Separate toilet room/shower room containing Raritan marine toilet with Lectra-san treatment system.
Main salon is next aft with facing settees and bulkhead mounted table. Storage is outboard and underneath the settees.
To port of the companionway is the nav station with nice size quarterberth directly aft. To starboard of companionway is the galley.
5 berths as follows: forward double berth bow, 2; single quarter berth to port, 1; single port and starboard berths.
- Reverse Cycle Heat and Air
- Custom cabin cushions
- Sony marine AM/FM/CD/XM ready stereo entertainment system
- Samsung TV and matching Samsung DVD player
- (6) Opening ports w/screens
- (2) opening hatches w/screens
- Filler for V-berth
- Raritan manual toilet with Lectra-san waste treatment system plus holding tank
- Hot and cold pressure water
- Shower in head
- Entire boat is very well kept and clean
The galley is located to starboard of the companionway and offers a safe work place for the cook and plenty of storage. All galleyware is included!
- 12V refrigeration
- Hold/cold pressure water
- Force 10 three burner with stove oven.
- Two (2) 5Lb propane tanks.
- Microwave oven
- Dickinson propane grill
- Hand-held VHF radio
- Autohelm autopilot
- B & G Network knot/depth/wind speed/wind direction
- Fixed-mount Standard horizon DSC VHF linked to Standard Horizon mapping GPS
- Garman 741XS Chart plotter GPS at helm station
"Resolute" has full 110V and 12V systems. She has numerous interior lights and navigation lights.
- Two (2) Group 31 house batteries 2019
- One (1) Group 27 starting battery 2019
- Air Marine wind generator
- Xantrex battery charger
- 110V shore power
- 12V and manual bilge pumps
Sails & Rigging
- Full battened Mainsail 2017 North Sails/Lazy jacks on Mainsail 2019
- Full battened Mizzen 2017 North Sails
- Spinnaker & Mizzen Staysail older but good shape
- 130% Genoa cleaned and upgraded 2019
- Hood genoa furler
- Main & mizzen custom sunbrella sail covers 2015
- Anderson self-tailing winches
- Garhauer blocks & Traveler
- Mast steps
- All running rigging replaced in 2012
- Dodger 2019
- Bimini 2014
- 35Lb CQR anchor
- 35' of chain and 250' of 3/4" nylon rod
- 20Lb Danforth anchor, 6' of chain 200' of 3/4" nylon rode
- Numerous docklines and fenders
- Manual Simpson-Lawrence windlass
- Anchor wash-down system
- 8' Walker Bay inflatable
- 2.2hp Mercury motor
- All CG safety equipment
- Custom dinghy davits supporting the wind generator
- Custom dining table for cockpit
Engine & Mechanical Equipment
- Reverse cycle heat & air conditioning
- Air Marine wind generator
- Racor primary & secondary fuel/water separator filters
- 110V/engine water heater/Scanvik 6 Gal. quick return hot water heater/2016
- 12v and manual bilge pumps
- Bilge high water alarm
- Original 40HP Westerbeke diesel with 2110 hours
- Manuals for ship's systems
Westerbeke engine serial #:
1) Annually serviced and professionally maintained by Tidewater Marina (where she was on the hard every winter - 9 so far); also by Worton Creek Marina, and Susquehanna Yacht Service (selectively)
2) all four fuel injectors routinely cleaned and serviced (one replaced)
3) replaced fuel pump, elbow
4) professional engine tune-ups, winterization & upgrades, replacing relevant hoses, tubes, filters, fluids as needed or "best practices" dictated (2011-18)
5) installed 31 gallon custom crafted aluminum fuel tank, replacing all fuel lines to engine (2015)
6) all electrical connections to starter system and kill switch upgraded
Worth noting too:
Resolute comes with original engine manuals for this engine (in good readable) condition from Allied containing very specific pictures, charts, tuning notes, mechanical specifications from Westerbeke and Allied
Same is true of all Resolute's various systems, from new hot water tank to Autohelm automatic pilot system to stove, refrigerator,Lectra-San head, spinnaker snuffer, etc.
Very meticulously kept records, manuals, and receipts. Former owner provided us a maintenance log over 13 years that are a model of exactitude (we used this as model for own maintenance projects)
After nine glorious seasons sailing the Chesapeake Bay, we are reluctantly selling Resolute as we prepare for new and exciting but perhaps more land-locked chapters in our very full lives.
Resolute is a safe and sea-kindly ketch sporting a time-honored full keel design. Yet her manageable 4 ½ foot draft allowed us to explore many of the shallower rivers and creeks which dot the Bay and reveal her undisturbed secrets. We grew into Resolute, really. Our former sailboat was a much smaller but still classic Cape Dory sloop which we used mainly as a day sailor. In contrast, Resolute is qualified as a proven, stable blue water sailboat for those dreaming of exploring Maine, Florida, the Bahamas, or beyond. In our case, we were content to sail mainly on the Upper Chesapeake Bay. Yet we explored the waters of Baltimore and Solomons Island, and greeted “Crab Alley” as if we were in much bigger waters.
Whether moored at a private anchorage on Still Pond, exploring Turner’s Creek by dinghy with our trusty Brittany Spaniel, Rusty, or dining out with friends in St. Michaels or Annapolis, we have always been proud to own this spirited classic ketch. We have indeed taken very good care of Resolute. And she, likewise, has taken very good care of us.
For those considering a liveaboard with over 6’4” headroom and most of the comforts of home (including reverse heat/air-conditioning, comfortable berths for 5 people, reliable hot and cold pressurized water, and updated navigational electronics), Resolute deserves your careful attention and potential ownership. In any case, strong winds and safe sailing!
Paul & Janet
Major Upgrades to “Resolute” from 2011 to 2019:
- Replaced all running rigging (halyards, sheets, backstays, topping lifts, life-lines, etc.). 2012
- Checked, adjusted, fortified standing rigging as recommended. 2012
- Replaced 40 HP Westerbeke engine fuel injector. 2012
- Replaced and upgraded Westerbeke engine alternator and regulator. 2012
- Rebuilt and upgraded Lectasan system (macerating head). 2012
- Replaced two linked number 31 house batteries and one dedicated number 24 Deka Marine maintenance-free starting battery. 2013, 2019.
- Installed new Flojet wash-down pump at bow and new Shurflo sump pump at shower. 2013
- All new custom curtains installed in cabin (by Carriage House Canvas), 2013.
- Installed 22” LCD flat panel Samsung 1080 TV in cabin with matching Samsung DVD player. 2014
- Installed four new Taylor Made larger white fenders. 2014
- Installed 24 hr solar powered ventilator atop amidships Bomar hatch (Nicro brand) day-night, plus 4 stainless steel. 2014
- Replaced two Nicro vents at cockpit. 2014
- Removed old Durabak non-skid paint on deck and replaced with freshly applied Awlgrip to non-skid areas for better footing and appearance. 2014
- Replaced worn bimini with newly designed Sunbrella canvas bimini (Carriage House Canvas). 2014
- Installed new Westerbeke engine fuel pump. 2014
- Completed Westerbeke engine tune-up with upgrades to hoses, tubes, filters, etc. 2014, 2018
- Re-bedded amidships Bomar hatch. 2014
- Replaced, upgraded port, starboard running lights at bow (Aqua Signal). 2014
- Installed “Lifesling 2” overboard rescue system with custom sunbrella canvass cover. 2015
- Installed new 31 gallon custom made aluminum fuel tank and replaced all fuel lines to engine. 2015
- Installed two new Sunbrella canvas sail covers (mainsail, mizzen sail). 2015
- Replaced both LP gas hoses going from two 5 lb LP tanks to stove, adding new regulator gauge. 2015
- Installed new Dickinson compact barbeque grill to stern rail with new stainless steel mounting fittings. 2016
- Added new flying wind-scoop for added ventilation at anchor. 2016
- Replaced masthead lights with LED (steaming light, etc.). 2016
- Replaced old water heater with new Scandvik quick-return 6 gallon marine system. 2016
- Installed Garmin 741 XS Chart Plotter at navigation station, cockpit-helm. 2016
- Added new boat pillows (4) at cockpit. 2016
- Installed Jabsco water pressure pump (for pressurized hot and cold system). 2016
- Installed two Rule-Mate 2000-A Bilge Pumps at amidships. 2017
- Purchased two new North Sails, mainsail and mizzen sail, each full batten sails – with a total of 3 reef points. 2017
- Rebuilt and upgraded Rolly Tasker 130 Genoa (furling headsail) with new lines, tell-tales, Sunbrella cover, and sheets. 2017
- Re-bedded starboard and port chain-plates. 2017, 2019
- Installed lazy jacks at mainsail for greater ease of handling. 2017
- Installed newly crafted and finished cockpit companionway boards. 2018
- Re-bedded forward Bomar hatch. 2018
- Installed Sony Marine 55 w Audio System with CD player (Bluetooth, Sirius XM, i-pod, i-phone compatible). 2018
- Installed Shakespeare AM/FM, VHF antenna splitter. 2018.
- Replaced B & G knot-meter paddlewheel sensor. 2018
- Installed custom dodger Sunbrella canvas (Havre de Grace Marine Center). 2019
For immediate email contact: email@example.com or text me @ 443-223-7864 cell for service and showing instructions on any of my listings *** "To make an offer on any of my beautiful listings, please call me to have an electronic Yacht Purchase and Sale Agreement emailed to you immediately" My customers & clients will tell you I am direct, honest and fair. I love to sell previously owned yachts that are very well maintained and priced fairly. I look forward to working with you! Please email your questions directly to me for a quick response. All questions answered asap!
All email offers encouraged with follow up signed yacht purchase and sale agreement and 10% deposit to be held in Escrow. Yacht View is a 50/50 corresponding brokerage.
Please contact John Kaiser for her complete history details and to arrange your personal inspection. I can be always be reached @ 443-223-7864 cell anytime or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for considering my professional Brokerage service. I work equally helping you either sell or purchase your yacht.
If you would like to be pre-qualified for marine financing, please contact each of the following Marine finance representatives for a competitive quote. All lenders are locally based in the Annapolis area and offer slightly different programs and rates based on your specific needs and credit history. Remember, many boats qualify as second home mortgage deductions and many times you may incorporate your state's "Use Tax" into the loan!
I would highly recommend the following lenders: Laurie Kiser @ 443-223-8425 email@example.com, Dave Trostle @ 410.268.1545 firstname.lastname@example.org, Jane Tayman @ (888) 386-3121 email@example.com (These professionals will pre-qualify your financing needs to prepare your budget for your yacht purchase. Be certain to let them know I referred you!)
For your Marine Insurance I would highly recommend Al Golden, President & Agent @ 800-541-4647 Al@IMIScorp.net
Feel free to interview these local Marine Surveyors I have worked with for many years:Todd Taylor Marine Surveyor, www.toddttayloryachtsurvey.com 410-725-1641 Reno Panico, Atlantic Seaboard Marine Surveyors, 301-807-7593, Tarn Kelsey, Kelsay Marine Survey, 410-353-3822, Jim McGlincy of Bay Shore Marine Surveys @ 410-808-3849. Also contact www.marinesurvey.org for a complete list of SAMS or www.namsglobal.org for NAMS surveyors nationwide.
Local Yacht Detailing and management: Williams Yacht Management Company @ www.wymltd.com Email: Bill@wymltd.com 410-268-1634
Local Mobile Interior and Cushion Cleaning: Annapolis ChemDry, "Josh" @ 410-255-8200.
Local Marine Service on Systems, electronic and general repair: Steve Catz @ 410-231-3191 or his web site @ www.stevesmarineservice.com or Patrick at Marine Electric Systems @ 443-790-5783 or Info@marineelectricsystems.net
Local Marina: Smiths Marina, www.smithsmarina.com Crownsville, MD. 35T travel lift, excellent service including fiberglass repair, bottom service and land/water storage. Contact Rick or Valerie Smith, 410-923-3444.
Local Marine Mechanics, both gas and diesel: Ken Navis/Severn River Marine Services @ 410-923-1373, Jeff Leitch/Kim Starr/Bay Shore Marine Engine Service/www.bayshoremarineengines.com @ 410-263-8370
And remember....."Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So...throw off your bowlines...Sail away from the safe harbor...Catch the trade winds in your sails.....Explore! Dream! Discover!" (Mark Twain)
*Yacht View Brokerage LLC is always interested in very well maintained yachts to list, market & sell, call John Kaiser on his cell @ 443-223-7864 anytime!
Please contact John Kaiser at 4432237864
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 36 ft 0 in
Beam: 11 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 6 in
Displacement: 15400 lbs
Ballast: 6000 lbs
Total Power: 40 HP
Engine Brand: Westerbeke
Year Built: 1976
Engine Model: 4-108
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 2110
Propeller: 2 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 40 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (80 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (31 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (10 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 3
Number of double berths: 1
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
Wind speed and direction
Electric bilge pump
Shore power inlet
Electrical Circuit: 12V
Yacht View Brokerage LLC offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice. The Seller retains the right to any of their personal items, artwork or tools in the sale of the yacht and will have them removed from the yacht prior to closing.
cheap and easy