1976 Tartan 37
- View Full Specifications
PRICE JUST REDUCED - Owner says Sell! MAKE AN OFFER!
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Miami, FL
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 46,999
- TURN-KEY ABSOLUTELY READY TO CRUISE NOW!
- “Perfect boat for Bahamas and single handed sailing! “Florence” was just hauled out for new bottom job, zincs and a insurance inspection.
- Owner says she is ready for cruising now!
- Absolutely no issues. This boat is located in a slip at a Miami marina and is very easy to inspect.
- Hard-sided sailing/rowing Dingy, as shown in the pictures, and a New Suzuki 4-Stroke outboard motor included.
- ”NEW BOTTOM PAINT - COMPLETED DEC.03 2019
- Mast Removed and serviced in 2014
- New standing rigging and running rigging 2014
- All new lights including all mast head electronics
- New VHF radio 2015
- New Garmin GPS navigation
- Rebuilt Westerbeke 40hp Diesel engine
- New Gear box 2015
- New Jib sale 2017
- New Windvane Auto Pilot 2014 (monitör)
- New reefing system 2014
- New alcohol 2 burner stove and Oven 2014
- New Viking 8 Person Life raft 2015
- 12v refrigeration system 2014
- New 3 battery (2 house 1 engine) 12v system 2017
- New Solar panels 2014 (will run everything onboard without engine for weeks)
- Dual Solar charge controllers and battery charge diodes
- All new LED lights inside and out for extra efficiency
- New $10k custom bimini including all sides for rain and foul/cold weather 2015
- New Corian bathroom sink/shower and faucet 2014
- New Toilet 2016
- All portlights replaced 2014
- All hatches replaced 2014
- New Dingy engine 2016 Suzuki 4hp 4-stroke - Only 4 Hours,-Under Warranty till 2020.
- New hard side sailing dingy 2014, with Sail Kit
- Rebuilt Rudder
- The Tartan 37 is considered one of today’s classic cruising yachts. Designed by Sparkman and Stephens with a lot of direct input from Tartan Yachts, the boat was introduced in 1976. Initially conceived as a boat that could be sold as a racer as well as a cruiser, it was the shoal draft centerboard cruiser that really took off with a remarkable number of boats built.
The boat is known for its sound construction quality and smart sailing abilities and moderate pricing. Owners unanimously love their Tartans.
The Tartan's are also known for their great sailing characteristics and stout construction.
This shoal drafted sailboat draws only 4.5' with a 8' extension on a wing keel for blue water.
Perfect for Keys, Bahamas or any other shallow draft destination.
"Florence" is a 1976 that has been restored and been travelling all of the gulf of mexico, keys, and Bahamas with just about everything refitted, replaced, and reconditioned.
New standing and running rigging in 2014 lots of upgrades and new equipment.
Boat has no leaks and is a USCG documented vessel so easy international in and out as well as title change over.
It is ready to go cruising today........
CONTACT: HERB STERNBERG
FLORIDA LICENSED & BONDED YACHT BROKER
Direct Telephone: 954-815-0107
INTERNATIONAL - Available on "WhatsApp"
Cruise to our WEBSITE: www.edwardsyachtsales.com
DO YOU WANT TO SELL YOUR BOAT? - PLEASE CONTACT ME - "24/7" I HAVE BUYERS SEEKING THEIR DREAM BOAT!
ATTENTION OUT OF STATE BUYERS:YOU CAN BUY AND USE YOUR BOAT IN FLORIDA FOR UP TO 180 DAYS WITHOUT ANY SALES TAX
PLEASE ASK HERB HOW! - 954-815-0107
Please contact Herb Sternberg at 954-815-0107
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Tartan Marine (USA)
Designer: Sparkman & Stephens
Flag of Registry: United States
LOA: 37 ft 3 in
Beam: 11 ft 9 in
Minimum Draft: 4 ft 2 in
Maximum Draft: 7 ft 9 in
Ballast: 7500 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 52 ft 0 in
Dry Weight: 15500 lbs
Total Power: 40 HP
Engine Brand: Westerbeke
Engine Model: 40
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1750
Engine Power: 40 HP
Cruising Speed: 6 knots
Maximum Speed: 8 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: (90 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (50 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (19 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 3
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
1976 Tartan Yacht specific details:
Water Tankage 90gal in two tanks larger is starboard and smaller is port sideWaste Tankage 19gal located forward of the head in the forward cabinFuel Tankage 50gal located under stern bunk on the port side easy for two week curise with a burn rate of 0.6-0.8gal per hour at 1800 Rpms
Drive is a Hirth model Z-F 15M sailing gear with forward, neutral, and reverse that was bought new in 2014
Motor is Westerbeke 40 (Perkins 4108) 40hp Diesel with cruising speed of 6-8kts and max speed of 8kts, total engine hours is 1750 on hobbs meter. The engine was overhauled with new fuel injectors and primary and secondary filter, lines, injector pump, and many other items. Runs and drives beautifully.
Battery bank is balanced with 3 Intimidator AGM batteries with high output alternator and 165 Watt solar panels for continuous use with refrigeration, lights, sound system etc with no down time even without running engine. Each solar panel has its own 28Amp solar power charge controller as well as a alternator isolator installed. The system is also setup for shore-side charging with a really nice automatic battery tender that was purchased new in 2015 and will run automatically when plugged into shore power. The shore power cord is included in the sale and the boat is wired for 120v electric. The CruiseAir 120v heat pump is a A/C unit and Heater and works well only when on shore power as there is no generator installed on the boat. All interior lights were converted to LED in 2014 for maximum efficiency.
12volt refrigeration installed in main galley icebox provides excellent cooling for a very large fridge area. This is new as of 2015
The 2 burner stove and oven is a super safe and easy to use non pressurized alcohol Origo 6000, excellent for offshore use and easy to get fuel for in far off places…also easy to store space fuel without endangering the crew unlike propane etc.
All running and standing rigging was replaced in 2014-2015 including a full mast removal and refit. The top of the mast with bendix and all instruments were replaced. New multifunction smart mast light was added as well as a super bright LED deck light. Mast fast track was added to the mail sail and mast slide to make single handed operation as easy as possible. There we also 3 lever cleats installed again for easy single handling at halyard, mainsheet, and rollerfulling line. The monitor windvane autopilot was installed in 2014 and works well in light and high winds to keep the boat on an excellent course in all weather conditions.
Cockpit bimini was custom made in 2013 or so and had all the all weather covers to go all of the way around. There is also a replacement middle top connector as well as covers for the wind screen as well as other ports and hatches
All port lights were replaced in 2014 with the highest quality tinted glass port lights. The two main hatches were also replaced and installed new in 2014, they are very tight and look great. A solar exhaust fan was installed as well to keep air flowing if at dock.
The dingy is a hard sided sailing dingy, it has a solid foam core, it comes with oars and a 4hp new Suzuki 4-stoke engine. The boat easily is pulled on board using halyard and fits and sails nicely between mast and forestay. The jib has no problem tacking above it in the ocean.
The boat also comes with various sails and lines including a large spiniker pole that is stored out of the way on the starboard safety line mounts.
Stainless steel propane sailing grill is included
50lbs and 100lbs anchor with 270’ rode with 100’ high strength chain and another 100’ thicker chain.
Top of the line 8 person Viking life raft included with mounting on the port side just forward of the companionway.
New cushions were made in 2013 a Corian countertop was installed in the head with a new faucet/shower.
- Solar Panels: 2x165watt Rigid Mono crystal line, 2x 28Amp Solar power charge controller
- Sound System: Alpine CD/Radio
- Batteries: 3x Intimidator AGM
- Alternator: 80amp
- Battery Charger: 120V Charger
- Battery Perko-switch
- Cockpit/deck lights: LED Lights
- Shore Power cord
- Ship's Power hook ups
- Navigation Lights
- GPS: Garmin GPS Map 740s
- VHF: Garmin VHF100
- Compass: New 2015
- Autopilot: Monitor Windvane
- Depth Instrument: Included transducer in 740s
- Fishfinder: Included in 740s
- Spotlight: Deck light installed on Mast (LED very bright)
- AC: Dometic CruiseAir 120v
- Heat: Dometic CruiseAir 120v
- Head: 1
- Shower: 1
- Transom shower: 1 in cockpit
- Hot Water System: 120v System with engine coolent capability while motoring
- Pressurized Water: 12v System
- Sinks: 1 in kitchen, 1 corian in bath
- Oven: Alcohol Origo 600
- Stove: 2 burner alcohol Origo 6000
- Anchor: 1x 50 lb, 1x 100lb
- Boat Cover: Hatch and Cockpit
- Motor Davit and motor lift
- BBQ Grill: Propane stainless
- Mooring lines
- Swim Ladder
- Alarms: Anchor drag / voltage
- Bilge Pump: Auto and Manual
- Fire Extinguisher
- Grab Rails
- Life Jackets
- Life Raft: Viking liferaft 8 person, Serial: 11753390
Sailing and Rigging Gear
- Main Sail: 2x
- Head Sail: Jibe
- Spinnaker: Asymetrical
- Standing rigging age: 3 years
- Running rigging age: 3 years
- Winches Self Tailing
- Rigged for single handed
- Boom Vang
- Lazy Jacks
- Additional rigging
- Reefing: Not on Main
- Roller Furling
- Mast Material: Aluminum Services off boat 2014
- Type of Backstay: Nonadjustable Stainless
- Shape of Keel: Modified Fin Centerboard w/ Lead
- Ballast: 7500 lbs
- Last haul out/bottom job: 2015
- Sail covers
- Bolt on Easy sliding sail track installed
- Many new clutches for easy single handed sailing
- 100 ft high strength Anchor chain 270 rode new in 2014
- Hard sided Dingy
- 4 hp Suzuki Motor 4 stroke
- Additional 50 ft of Anchor chain
- Bathroom has corian countertopand drip free sink
- New Portlights 2014
- New hatches 2015
- New standing rigging 2015
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Boat Model Review
Other Boats from Edwards Yacht Sales
Fort Myers, FL, United States
Merritt Island, FL, United States