1975 Roughwater "58"
- View Full Specifications
58 Roughwater Pilothouse Custom
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Fort Myers, FL
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 175,000
Additional pictures coming soon.
Where to: South Pacific? Far East? Circumnavigate?
Some boats say they can cross oceans, SWAN SONG HAS DONE IT!! Swan Song has cruised the entire Caribbean Sea, South America, Central America, Mexico, on to Hawaii. Then back to Long Beach CA (2800nm). Then a cruise to the Panama Canal (3400nm) and a 1700 nm winding cruise to FT Myers, FL where she currently berthed. She has been at sea as long as 2 months cruising without touching a dock
A one off very custom built Roughwater 58 North Sea; 58 ft. on deck, 65 ft. overall, 12 ft. 10 inc. beam, 80,000 lbs. light with 6 ft. draft, 104,000 lbs. heavy with 7 ft. draft.
A proven passagemaker! A great full-time cruising vessel! A home on the water!
Swan Song is available for a new owner that would like to enjoy and use her capabilities. She can turn your worldwide cruising dreams into reality
Co-designed by Ed Monk and built in Taiwan as a Roughwater 58 North Sea model trawler in 1974/5. Current owners purchased her in 1998 and did a complete refit over the next 7 years changing her from a good cruising boat into a real and exceptional self-contained offshore passagemaker. Her longest non-stop passage was the 2800+ nm run from Honolulu to Long Beach. This passage is longer than any passage that one needs to make in a round the world voyage. So we know that Swan Song has demonstrated she has the heart, legs and stamina to finish such a venture without any effort on her part.
Swan Song has been their full time home on the seas and has carried her owners to places few have been. It's now time to find her new owners who would like to continue with her voyages on the sea and discover all of the joy, excitement and adventure that cruising & passagemaking has to offer.
Whatever your cruising/voyaging plans might be Swan Song is equipped to turn them into a reality for you ? and a reality in style. Most seaworthy vessels in Swan Song?s class are close to a million dollars or over. Swan Song is not a marina queen or cocktail boat though she has hosted many parties. She stands out from the crowd and makes an impression that stays with people who have been aboard her at sea.
Current asking price makes her by far the least expensive passagemaker with circumnavigation proven capabilities by 100's of thousands of dollars. She needs few updates to ready her for another extended offshore. Fuel her up to the top, enough provisions and ice cream for a month or two and Swan Song is ready to head out again. You can read about Swan Song's magic carpet ride on Miss Nancy's Journal http://www.missnancysjournal.com and read about her many different stories, details and adventures. The entire site is filled with stories that center on the owners lives living on the water. It's all out there for people to see, read and enjoy. You too could join into this wonderful community where Swan Song takes you.
Swan Song has also been featured in several magazine articles over the years.
If you have the urge to see the world by water now is the time. Swan Song will provide the vessel to take you there safely, comfortably and is far more affordable than any other option on today's market worldwide.
Steve Horinek is a yacht broker based in Fort Myers Beach, FL and specializing in yacht sales in Southwest Florida. Steve offers professional, honest, discreet and personal assistance to a select group of clients and customers.
Please contact Steve Horinek at (239) 887-0898
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Flag of Registry: United States
Hull Shape: Other
LOA: 64 ft 6 in
Beam: 12 ft 0 in
LWL: 55 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 0 in
Displacement: 104000 lbs
Total Power: 165 HP
Engine Brand: Detroit Diesel
Year Built: 1975
Engine Model: 6-71N
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 4500
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 165 HP
Cruising Speed: 7 knots
Maximum Speed: 9 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: (360 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 4 (1250 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (100 Gallons)
Forward is the master stateroom with an island queen berth, storage under and shelving
outboard. The stateroom includes two hanging lockers on the port and starboard sides.
Next aft is the head w/full shower on port followed by the galley.
The guest stateroom is on starboard opposite the galley and can be converted from a double berth to a double below and single above. It has a double hanging locker and storage under the berth with sliding door access.
Aft of the galley is the 6 cu ft deep freeze, storage & entrance to the engine room.
To starboard, from the galley, is the companionway up to the main salon.
The aft door of the salon exits to the spacious enclosed 10’ X 12’ aft cockpit. Forward on port is the 3 step access up to the pilothouse.
The pilothouse has dual helm seats, aft settee and wing doors on port and start to the Portuguese bridge.
Forward of the bridge is a large foredeck with 3 deck boxes, windlass and access to the large forepeak below
The U-shaped galley features a three burner propane stove top, Sharp convection/microwave oven, 11 cu/ft 110V fridge freezer, trash compactor, dishwasher, deep double sink with hot, cold pressure water and water purifier.
There is an island and a full floor to ceiling larder for storage.
Large "basement" storage under the galley sole.
All overhead lights (20) are on dimmers Cantaloupe Marine lighting (2004)
Two remote controlled spotlights on top of pilothouse Port and Starboard (2004)
Side/fore-deck/stern floodlights (2003-2018)
Aqua Signal running lights (2003-2018)
- 88 lb Delta (2005) primary anchor
- FX-85 Fortress anchor, never been used
- 228 ft. ½ in HT Acco chain on each anchor with - 300? 1? 3 strand nylon backups (2005)
- Lofrans 3500 lb deadlift windlass 24 volt dual chain wheels and top Capstan. Remote control
- Aluminum Anodized bow pulpit and rails
- Epoxy/fiberglass decking with non-skid paint
- Revere six man Offshore pack life raft (2017)
- 4 36” round fenders, assorted smaller fenders and docking lines
- Marquipt 1500 lb hydraulic crane on boat deckOnboard air compressor plus a buffer air tank with filter and pressure control. 2 50’ dive hoses
- Dry Stack Exhaust (2002)
- Raw Water Impeller (2017)
- Soft engine mounts (2002)
- Shaft runs in oil under positive pressure. No water in the shaft log! No cutlass bearings!
- Double U-joints with slip joint so that there is no engine alignment is required.
- 2 ½ SS shaft is easily turned with a 38” 3 blade bronze prop
- Wesmar 12" bow thruster (needs repair)
- On top of the pilothouse is the ART - a passive Anti Roll Tank. ART is more stable than a Zero Speed fin active stabilization system.
- Complete refit from 1999 to 2006 ALL decking, sidewalls, most bulkheads and structure upgraded for offshore work.
- The pilothouse has Diamond Seaglaze tempered safety glass. ½” in forward windows and ?” side windows.
- All opening ports in the hull are bronze castings with Lexan panes.
- Mermaid 12000 BTU in Master stateroom (2003)
- Mach 3 13000 BTU overhead in salon (2019)
- 12000 BTU in pilothouse (2005)
- One 6000 BTU for galley (2005)
Electronics and Navigation
- Raymarine RL80C 48 mile radar/plotter (2002)
- Two independent Tecnautic autopilots
- Dell PC, 20” screen, Coastal Navigator software (2018)
- AMEC Class B AIS transponder (2017)
- 2 Uniden UM625c VHF (2017) & 2003
- 2 Wham 4 handhelds (2003)
- Icom 801 SSB (2005)
- ACR Global Fix EPRIB (2017)
- When not connected to shore power all 110 systems run off the 2 4000W sinewave inverters. The batteries are always charged underway by the 250 amp 24 volt alternator. With the engine off all 110 voltsystems run from the inverters. The generator auto starts when triggered and each inverterswitches to supply 110 AC the genset and also charge the batteries at any rate up to 120 amps each. It runs for 2½ to 3 hrs and autoshuts down. The inverters have two sets of AC inputs...Shore power or genset power. If either of these is present then they switch to pass thru mode. Pass thru mode allows them to charge the batteries IF the current input is greater than the load current needed at any given instant. - This is a dynamically changing charge current as the load varies on each inverter.
- 12 VDC, 24 VDC and 110VAC systems
- 16 deep cycle six volt batteries in two house banks for 800 amp hours at 24 volts (2017)
- Two Group 31 engine start batteries (2017)
- Four Group 31 batteries to power windlass and bow thruster (2017)
- Mase 10KW generator (~4500 hours)
- Two Trace/Xantrex 4024 4000 watt sine wave
- inverter/chargers (2004)
- 50’ 220 volt 50 amp Shore power cable + many adapters
- The Fly by Wire system currently has operated over tens of thousands of miles and a decade+. The system is made by the same company who builds systems for the A300 series of aircraft
- Complete dual Tecnautic Fly By Wire system
- 2 Autopilots w/2Hydraulic reversing pumps 2005
- Two Fly by Wire fixed mount throttle, steering, transmission/bow thruster controls port and starboard (2005)
- One Fly by Wire Mobile unit (2005) Can be operated in the aft cockpit, top deck, engine room, foredeck
- One FADEC (2005), converts the Detroit Diesel to electronic controls.
- Village Marine 7 GPM 24 volt watermaker (2006)
- Jabsco 6 GPM fresh water pump (2017)
- Raritan 12 gallon hot water tank (2017)
Swan Song Roughwater 58 Refit 1999 - 2006
Over $350,000 of upgrades and refit was completed between 1999 and 2006
- 2006 3 Forward windows: Diamond Seaglaze ½ in. tempered laminated glass
- 2005 4 Side windows: Diamond Seaglaze 3/8 tempered laminated glass
- 2006 New teak plywood full width console with black Formica top
- 2006 2 Todd 3 ½ in. X 30 in. pedestals
- 2006 2 Lebroc reclining captains chairs with arm rests
- 2005 All pilothouse sides/ceiling are insulated with 1 in. duct board with aluminum facing
- 2006 All interior paneling is new teak plywood
- 2006 New overhead panels are removable expanded vinyl foam
- 2006 Overhead lighting is recessed Cantaloupe xenon dimmable
- 2006 Side reading lamps are xenon reflector units
- 2005 4 Diamond SeaGlaze sliding windows ¼? tempered glass
- 2004 Overhead Cantaloupe recessed dimmable lighting
- 2006 Recessed rope dimmable rope light around inside perimeter
- 2006 4 speaker surround sound system with sub-woofer
- 2006 New nylon carpet with 3/8 in. sound barrier underlayment
- 2004 New foam and upholstery for all cushions
- 2004 Crew covers for the upholstery
- 2004 Overheads are removable expanded vinyl foam panels
- 2002 Sharp Microwave/convection/broil/bake oven.
- 2002 Seaward 3 burner propane glass counter top unit built in
- 2002 Propane control with automatic sniffer and shut down
- 2002 GE 10 cu ft upright refrigerator with freezer
- 2002 Equator compact dishwasher
- 2005 Braun Trash compactor
- 2002 Corian countertops
- 2002 11 in. deep American Standard double sinks
- 2002 Single lever American Standard faucet with extendable wand
- 2006 Carbon block fresh water filter for drinking water
- 2006 Recessed Cantaloupe xenon lighting with dimmer
- 2006 2 Uniden UM625c VHF?s with separate 6 DB antenna?s, Foghorn, DSC & hailer
- King SSB with auto antenna tuner and 23in. antenna
- 2006 Raymarine Raystar 125 GPS
- 2006 Raymarine RL80CRC plus radar with Marpa 4 KW 24? radome
- 2006 Raymarine RL70 plus radar repeater in master stateroom
- 2006 Raymarine smart course computer with fluxgate
- 2006 Raymarine ST60 tridata depth, speed, log & temp
- 2006 Raymarine ST60+ wind direction/speed
- 2005 Interphase PC 180 forward/side sonar
- 2006 Navman fuel computer 3200
- 2006 2 Tecnautic autopilots with dual drive boxes and dual hydraulic drive motors
- 2004 ICOM IC-M1V handheld VHF
- 2006 8 in. White gimbaled compass
- 2002 Lofrans 3500 lbs deadlift 24 volt dual chain wheel windlass with vertical rope capstan
- 2003 Delta 88lb anchor with 200? ½? ACCO HT chain and 200 ft. 1 in. 3 strand nylon backup. Rope to chain long splice
- 2006 Fortress FX-85 with 200? ½? ACCO HT chain and 200? 1? 3strand nylon back-up. Rope to chain long splice
- 2000 Danforth 35HT with 50ft. 3/8in. chain and 250 ft. ¾ in. 3 strand nylon/
- 2002 2 45 lb CQRs with chain and 3 strand rode
- 2004 Four 36in Scanmarine ball fenders
- 2000 Four 27in ball fenders
- 2000 Four 12in X 34in fenders
- 2000 Three 8in X 24in fenders
- 2006 Two 6in fender boards with poly standoffs and line
- 2006 Two 4in fender boards with poly standoffs and line
- 2006 Two 75ft ¾in spring lines
- 2006 Two 50ft ¾in bow/stern lines
- 2006 Six 50ft ¾in misc. lines
- 2006 100ft 1in 3 strand spare
- 2005 two foredeck mooring bits with bronze thru bulwarks fairleads
- 2005 two bronze mooring fairleads
- 2006 2 amidships SS spring bits with SS fairleads
- Sundry chafe gear
- 2002 New foredeck beams/decking/fiberglass completely replaced
- 2002 New full height forward bulkhead between chain locker and master stateroom
- 2005 New aft full height bulkhead between engine room and steerage hold
- 2001 Seven new Groco thru bolted bronze seacocks mounted with backing plates. All old thru hull fittings removed!
- 2004 New ¾in steel rudder support weldment
- 2004 New Evolution shaft system. No cutlass bearing or stuffing box. Sealed shaft and runs in oil bath similar to a ship?s system.
- 2004 New 316 SS engine beds
- 2004 New motor mounts
- 2004 New fiberglass over 1in marine plywood boat deck
- 2004 New fiberglass over ¾in marine plywood saloon house sides
- 2004 New pilothouse roof deck beams and 1in marine plywood decking with fiberglass over.
- 2004 New 4in X 3in mahogany pilothouse side roof supports
- 2005 New fiberglass over ¾in marine plywood pilot house sides
- 2005 New fiberglass over ¾? marine plywood side decks
- 2006 New Alum alwgripped cockpit deck supports
- 2006 New powdercoated 6061 stanchions for new Portuguese Bridge surround.
- 2002 Lewmar Ocean 70 deck hatch installed on foredeck
- 2006 Two Lewmar Ocean 50 hatches installed in aft of pilothouse
- 2004 New 12in X 2in teak swim platform with all new SS support tubing
- 2004 Transom door added for easy access to swim platform
- 2001 New 3/8in rotomolded fresh water tanks. 2 ea 60 gal and 2 each 110 gal 340 gal total
- 2001 100 gal ½in custom rotomolded black water tank
- 2001 100 gal 3/8in custom rotomolded grey water tank
- 2005 Two Black Iron 475 gal side diesel fuel tanks. Inspected & pressure tested 2005 and new 8in clean-out ports added
- 2005 Two Aluminum fuel tanks aft. One 100 gal and one 200 gal. Inspected and pressure tested 2005.
- 2006 All fuel lines replaced and are 3/8? copper or USCG Approved A2/A1 hose
- 2004-6 New dry stack exhaust system with 4in SS pipe, muffler, lagging, 2000 degree chimney, rain seal and brackets
- 2006 New N55 injectors
- 2006 New fuel delivery system include fuel flow meters, spin-on fuel filter, new fuel pump and pressure tested Cupronickel fuel cooler.
- 2006 Fuel polishing system with Gulf Coast F1 and Racor 900FG filters, Oberdorfer gear pump and suitable valves to use as a fuel delivery, fuel transfer and fuel polishing system
- 2006 New 400 degree 150 lb pressure rated 250 degree silicone water hoses
- 2006 New transmission hydraulic hoses
- 2006 Heat exchanger for water and oil serviced/pressure tested
- 2006 New VDO sending units plus mechanical gauge on engine.
- 2006 New engine instruments in Pilothouse. Oil temp & pressure, Water temp, exhaust temp, fuel pressure, trans pressure, trans oil temp.
- 2006 Oil Xchanger system
- 2005 New style cast aluminum valve cover installed
- 2006 New airbox drain collector installed
- 2006 New crankcase breather system added
- 2005 New raw water pump
- 2005 New water circulation pump
- 2005 New air intake filter system installed
- 2005-6 Engine cleaned, blasted and painted DD green
- 2006 Fly By Wire engine controls from Tecnautic. Dual controls Port & Stbd in Pilothouse with remote walk about socket in aft cockpit, engine room, fore deck and top of the pilothouse. Walkabout has full control including bow thruster/engine start. Engine actuators have quick disconnect clutches to allow manual operation from the engine room if required.
- 2000 to 2006 100% all new marine tinned wiring, no old wire in boat! Currently over 9,000 ft of new wire
- 2003 50 amp 220 volt shore power inlet
- 2003 50? 220v 50 amp shore power cable
- 2005 Two 50? 30 amp 120 volt shore cables
- 2005 Two 30 amp to 50 amp adapter
- Sundry other shore power adapters
- 2006 50 amp shore power galvanic isolator in ER
- 2005 Shore power 50 amps switch in ER for forward or aft shore power inlet
- 2004 Two Trace/Xantrex 4024 4 kw inverter chargers
- 2004 Two EMS 30 load shedder breaker boxes for AC distribution with remote monitors. These maintain a max 30 amp load on inverters by automatically shedding higher loads to prevent inverter overloads and tripping. All loads are 110 and are split on the two legs of the AC. 30 amps each thru the IMS load shedding distribution panels.
- 2004 10 kw Mase genset which feeds inverters on AC 2 inputs at 40 amp each
- 2005 Sixteen GC1 AGM golf cart batteries in 2 parallel banks. 800 AH @ 24 volts
- 2005 Two 400 amp fuses in each battery box
- 2005 Four Battery disconnect switches in Engine room and main saloon
- 2005 Main 24 volt DC buss mounted at rear of ER between inverters
- 2005 Inverters fused with 250 amp fuses and have their own disconnects
- 2006 Main House DC distribution panel is at front of ER with 2 Bluesea distribution panels
- 2006 Two 8 breaker Bluesea sub panels in the Pilothouse
- 2006 24 volt to 13.6 volts converter in pilothouse feeds Bluesea panel for 12 volt loads
- 2006 300 amp 28 volt Electrodyne alternator on custom mount
- 2006 Xantrex MC624 regulator
- 2005 Two Group 31 AGM engine start batteries
- 2005 Two Group 31 AGM engine control batteries
- 2006 Guest 10 amp 24 volt charger with battery combiner for start and control batteries
- 2005 Four Group 31 AGM batteries for Bow thruster and Windlass. 200 AH @24 volts 300 amp discharge rate for 5 minutes!
- 2004 Analytic Systems 25 amp 24 volt battery charger for thruster/windlass batteries
- 2005 400 amp fuse next to bow battery box.
- 2005 500 amp disconnect switch for windlass/bow thruster batteries located in master stateroom
- 2005 Rudder support is new 1? steel weldment
- 2005 New rudder support top bearing
- 2005 Two Kobelt 2in X 10in hydraulic rams
- 2006 New SS ram mounting brackets
- 2006 Kobelt dual rudder angle sensor for autopilot system
- 2006 VDO rudder angle sensor for Pilot house display
- 2006 All new 2500 PSI fittings, hoses, hydraulic reservoir and ram bypass valve to allow emergency tiller use
- 2003 Wesmar 12? 15 HP electric bow thruster, tube & installation
- 2004 3700 GPH 24 volt Rule pump with switch in forward Lazerrette
- 2004 1800 GPH 110 volt automatic pump in center bilge sump
- 2004 3700 GPH 24 bilge pump w/ultra switch in forward engine room bilge
- 2004 750 gph 24 volt automatic pump in forward engine room bilge
- 2003 Portable 3700 GPH 24 volt Rule pump with 30? clip leads
- 100% new plumbing
- 2006 Little Wonder 24 volt 200 GPD watermaker
- 2005 Flojet 24 volt 5.7 gpm freshwater pump with 1 gal accumulator tank
- 2004 Raritan 20 gal 120 volt hot water heater with heat exchanger
- 2004 Raritan Atlantes II fresh water flush electric toilet
- 2003 Grohe gold lav and shower fixtures
- 2002 Shore water inlet with pressure reducer
- 2004 Fresh water tank fill port which fill all tanks
- 2005 Black water Sealand pump for pump-out
- 2005 Grey Water Sealand pump for pump-out
- 2001 Mermaid 13K BTU reverse cycle sea water cooled in forward stateroom
- 2006 Sea Breeze 6K BTU sea water cooled for galley
- 2006 Sea Breeze 13K BTU reverse cycle sea water cooled in Pilothouse
- 2002 Coleman 13K BTU Sea Mach in Saloon
- 2006 Custom designed anti roll tank designed by Professor Don Bass at the Marine Institute in St Johns, Newfoundland.
- 2006 Tank built with 4ft X 12ft 25mm Nida Core with 32oz glass bonded on both sides.
- 2006 Interior of tank coated with 3 coats of Interprotect 2000.
- 2006 Two 4? butterfly dump valves, one at each end.
- 2006 Tank is bonded to fiberglassed stringers on top of pilothouse.
- 2006 Two inspection ports and one fill port
- 2006 Two Stryker 24 volt remote operated search lights
- 2006 24 volt foredeck, 2 side deck and 2 stern perimeter lights
- 2006 Six Type 1 lifejackets
- 2006 Four type 3 sport vests
- 2006 25MM flare gun & flares, 12 SOLAS parachutes, dyemarkers, 12 mm flare gun & flares, many handheld flares for both Swan Song and dinghy
- 2006 Six 1A 10 BC dry chemical, 2 5 BC CO2 fie extinguishers
- 2003 MOB light
- 2006 Registered 406 EPRIB
- 2006 One 30? throwable life ring
- 2004-6 Sundry portable search lights, flash light, light sticks
- 2006 Splendid WD2000S vented washer/dryer
- 2005 Two built-in vacuums. One in master stateroom and one in Saloon
- 2005 Built-in wet/dry vacuum in engine room
- 2006 125 PSA 3.2 SCFM air compressor
- 2003 3 step dock step with handrail
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Curtis Stokes & Associates
"511 Classico" Pilothouse
Snead Island, FL, United States
Ft Pierce, FL, United States
"54" Raised Pilothouse
Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States
Jacksonville, FL, United States
Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States
Delray Beach, FL, United States