1974 Yankee 38 Sloop
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- South Berwick, ME
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 49,500
NATALIA is one of the highly regarded S&S designed 38’ Yankee Sloops, which were the forerunner of the Swan 38’s. These vessels have breathtaking lines with handsome tumblehome, and have proven both to be winners on the race course, as well as superb family cruisers. They were heavily built hulls with longitudinal and athwartship stringers, a T-shaped cockpit with wheel steering, and an easily-handled rig. NATALIA’S owner is her third, after purchasing her in 2007, and doing an extensive three year refit as documented above. Her second owner raced her extensively at the Detroit Yacht Club, having success in the Mackinaw Race series. NATALIA is the last of the 24 Yankee 38’s built. Please review all the upgrades which include new working sails, a Westerbeke diesel installed in 2016, a Simpson Lawrence anchor windlass, Walker inflatable, and more. Please come and inspect this 38’ S&S Sloop. We thank you for your interest. Link to YouTube video available upon request.
Please contact Annie Gray at 207-363-7997
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Yankee Yachts, Santa Aria, CA
Designer: Sparkman & Stephens
LOA: 38 ft 1 in
Beam: 11 ft 8 in
LWL: 28 ft 8 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 3 in
Displacement: 16000 lbs
Ballast: 7300 lbs
Total Power: 25 HP
Engine Brand: Westerbeke
Engine Model: 4-91
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 25 HP
Number of heads: 1
HULL & DECK:
- Designed by Sparkman & Stephens to 1 TON IOR Rule and was the precursor to the Nautor Swan 38.
- Yankee Yachts built twenty-four 38’ Yankee Sloops.
- Complete restoration by present owner began in 2007, and was completed in 2010.
- Restoration work included all deck hardware, winches, stanchions, chainplates, blocks were removed and rebedded.
- Deck was sealed and repainted with Epiphanes 2 part poly, then nonskid; cabin house and cockpit 4 coats of white each.
- 2007 bottom stripped and epoxy barrier coated.
- 2009 turnbuckles by Hayn installed.
- 2009 chainplates removed, rebedded, checked and reinstalled.
- 2009 new S/S stanchions by Signet Marine installed with new S/S wire double lifelines by Suncor.
- 2018 Hull and deck painted with 4 coats of Epiphanes 2 part polyurethane in Maroon-Claret color, white boottop, black bottom.
- 2018 mast and boom painted white in 2 part Epiphanes polyurethane.
- 2018 interior mahogany cabin sides replaced (mahogany treated with West System).
- 2010 all S/S standing rigging replaced by NE Rigging; 2011 Navtec hydraulic backstay installed & 2017 boomkicker-boom vang; S/S standing rigging inspected annually since.
- 2010 new jib sheets, halyards, and all lines replaced 2018 on boom.
- Interior headliner being replaced completed January 2020.
- Vessel totally rewired.
- Ballast keel lead.
- 17-1” bronze keel bolts (original) and additional 8-5/8’s bolts in leading flair area.
- Hull hand laid up fiberglass, heavily built with integral fiberglass stringers (longitudinal & athwartship).
- Skeg-hung rudder.
- Displacement to ballast ratio is 45% making for a stiff performance sailer.
- Deck is 100% laid fiberglass with ½” balsa-core sandwich between laminations with reinforced areas where hardware is thru-bolted. White and beige painted non-skid deck surface.
- Bomar type forward and mid hatches in cabin top.
- Port and starboard dorade boxes with 5” ventilators.
- 2 flush-mounted deck prisms, port and starboard.
- T-shaped self-bailing cockpit with bridge deck and Cinkel pedestal wheel steering with elkhide-covered S/S wheel, 1 x 19 flex wire replaced to quadrant.
- S/S bow and stern rails.
- Teak toerail, teak handrails.
- Two opening portlights in cockpit well.
- Recessed mainsheet traveler at aft end of bridge deck, new hardware 2010.
Fuel: 30 gallons in mild steel tank.
Water: 20 gallons in poly tank.
ENGINE & MECHANICAL:
- Westerbeke 4-91 4 cylinder, 25 hp diesel, FWC (installed in 2016).
- Engine hours: In 2016, engine was installed in boat with 2000 hours. Extensive servicing was done (not a full rebuild); has approximately 300 plus hours since installation in 2016.
- 2016; new fuel lift pump, rebuilt injectors and injector pump, new fuel lines, fuel tank removed and cleaned, new gaskets all around, block to manifold, pumps, heat exchanger and manifold removed and cleaned, new exhaust riser, new exhaust hoses, new starter motor, new alternator.
- Paragon 2:1 transmission which links to a Walter V-drive.
- Morse engine controls.
- Centec waterlift muffler, new exhaust hose.
- 2020 1” S/S shaft and new cutlass bearing.
- Max Prop 17” x 14” 3 blade prop.
- Racor 500 FG fuel primary filter,
- Shark shaft cutter.
- 12V DC electrical system only.
- 2019 Three Group 27 lead acid batteries for engine start, house and anchor windlass.
- 60 amp alternator; also, solar panels to trickle charge the batteries.
- 3 isolation battery switches mounted at the nav table by Blue Sea Systems.
- 10 circuit breakers by Blue Sea Systems.
- For six in attractive varnished Honduras mahogany interior with teak and holly soles.
- Vee berths forward followed aft by 2 hanging lockers to starboard.
- Next aft to port is an enclosed head with porta potti, sink and lockers.
- Next in the main salon are transom settees, port and starboard, with a pilot berth to port, and salon table.
- Aft to port is a large nav table with circuit breaker panel, seat, VHF’s etc.
- To starboard is the galley with sink with a manual pump, and top-loading, insulated icebox; no hot water, built-in stove, stainless stove housing.
- Further aft are two quarter berths.
- Engine access is very good behind companionway step.
- Cobra VHF with DSC; West handheld VHF.
- Furuno 1632 2kw radar.
- Standard Horizon 1801 GPS-Plotter.
- Raymarine ST40 depthsounder; Raymarine Fluxgate compass.
- Danforth Constellation binnacle compass.
- Signet Marine SL30 analog wind/speed; SL254 electronic wind speed and direction.
SAILS & RIGGING:
- 628 sq. ft. sail area.
- 2011 Jiffy Jax furling system on mainsail.
- Masthead sloop with single spreaders, on aluminum mast, stepped on keel, adjustable mast step.
- Aluminum mast steps by Pace Edwards, radar reflective.
- 2010 Quantum custom weave 140% genoa.
- 2002 Quantum fully battened mainsail.
- Doyle 100% 8 oz working jib on roller furler - new, unused.
- 1990 Furlex roller furler, new.
- Watts Drifter-Reacher with sock (good).
- Murphy & Nye staysail (good condition).
- 2010 Navtec hydraulic backstay adjuster #12.
- 2009 – 2010 new S/S standing rigging and running rigging.
- 2 Lewmar 40 halyard winches on cabin trunk @ mast, Garhauer mast turning blocks, new.
- 2 Lewmar 43 spinnaker or jib sheet winches.
- 2 Lewmar 55 genoa 3 speed sheet winches.
- 2 Lewmar #16 for mainsail sheet and roller furler.
- All winches rebedded with new backing plates and bolts, winches greased annually.
- Boom Kicker replaces the topping lift.
- Dubonnet Red Sunbrella companionway Dodger with S/S frame; 2013 bimini by Back Channel Canvas.
- 35 lb Manson Supreme anchor with 200’ 5/16”chain.
- 25 lb Danforth anchor with rode.
- Boathook, fire extinguishers.
- 7’ Walker Bay inflatable dinghy.
- Fenders with fleece covers; docklines.
- Cockpit cushions.
- Dubonnet Red winch covers.
- Engine spares: heat exchanger, new gaskets, spare injector pump and injectors, other engine spares.
- Lifesling and life jackets.
- 12V Simpson Lawrence anchor windlass.
- Dickinson wood stove in main salon 2014.
- One electric bilge pump with standard level and high level switches.
- One manual bilge pump in cockpit.
COMMENTS: NATALIA is one of the highly regarded S&S designed 38’ Yankee Sloops, which were the forerunner of the Swan 38’s. These vessels have breathtaking lines with handsome tumblehome, and have proven both to be winners on the race course, as well as superb family cruisers. They were heavily built hulls with longitudinal and athwartship stringers, a T-shaped cockpit with wheel steering, and an easily-handled rig. NATALIA’S owner is her third, after purchasing her in 2007 and doing an extensive three year refit as documented above. Her second owner raced her extensively at the Detroit Yacht Club, having success in the Mackinaw Race series. NATALIA is the last of the 24 Yankee 38’s built. Please review all the upgrades which include new working sails, a Westerbeke diesel installed in 2016, a Simpson Lawrence anchor windlass, Walker inflatable, and more. Please come and inspect this 38’ S&S Sloop. We thank you for your interest. Link to YouTube video available upon request.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.