1974 Thomas Dale Vinette
- View Full Specifications
Price just reduced
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- New Bern, NC
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 89,900
Repainted hull in 2019. Audio Gauge shows hull at 3/16" where checked. Bottom sand blasted and barrier coated. New bottom paint.
Estate Sale. Must be sold asap.
This is a little "ship" built by the well-known and still operating T.D. Vinette shipyard in Escanaba, Michigan. To say her construction is robust or like a battleship would be accurate. She has a sea kindly and efficient hull with her high bow, canoe stern, reverse windshield, and displacement hull. Her lines are strong and sure to be a major attraction wherever she travels. The engine is a 2000 John Deere Model 6068 with only 1,400 hours. The transmission is a 2000 Twin Disc MG-506R transmission turning a 30" wheel. These are all the things you want when you are looking at rough water or long distances on your cruising itinerary.
She started out looking a bit different and the last owner undertook a major refit of the vessel enlarging the aft stateroom and top deck. There is a swim platform and dinghy davit system added to the stern and an aluminum supported soft top over the aft deck and flybridge areas. There are large interior spaces that will make cruising a dream and the exterior spaces, side decks and high bulkwarks make maneuverability safe.
The current owner was a friend of the past owner and purchased the boat from the estate, vowing to complete projects and make the boat a special boat. He has completed his promise. With consistent care, minor and major system upgrades, additions and subtractions of equipment, and interior refurbishment with teak and holly laminate, updated salon settee and chair, and new fabrics throughout, IRONY will not disappoint and is ready to take you most anywhere you wish to go in safety and security.
If you are searching for a steel passagemaker with truly unique, sturdy, and masculine lines this could be your boat!
CONTACT LISTING BROKER:
JOHN PETERSON, CPYB @ 910-546-5760 OR EMAIL email@example.com
VESSEL IS LOCATED IN: NEW BERN, NC
Please contact John A. Peterson, IYBA, CPYB at 910-546-5760
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Thomas Dale Vinette
Flag of Registry: United States
LOA: 44 ft 7 in
Beam: 14 ft 2 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 6 in
Dry Weight: 46000 lbs
Total Power: 220 HP
Engine Brand: John Deere
Year Built: 2000
Engine Model: 6068 TFM 01
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1300
Engine Power: 220 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (250 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (550 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (60 Gallons)
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2
Step onboard by way of the wide side decks and head forward to the bow where you will find plenty of room and an added storage box along the port side. As you maneuver aft you will find access into the salon through either a port or starboard side sliding doors. Make your way further aft and up a few steps are the helm and aft deck areas. The helm is centered and offers a large helm seat and excellent 360-degree visibility. All instrumentation and gauges are within easy reach. There is a small doorway used as a pass-through between the salon and helm. Behind the helm is a large aft deck with a seat aft and (4) folding deck chairs, a built-in table is forward and access to the swim platform and dinghy davits are aft. Overhead is a heavily built tubular aluminum supported Sunbrella Grey soft top.
Back to the starboard side sliding door, you enter the salon. Immediately you are in the pilothouse and lower helm. The area is large and offers excellent visibility and all gauges and instruments are within easy reach. The salon is large and offers large windows for natural light. The port and starboard doors have bi-fold screen doors. Along the port side is a chair with storage and along the starboard side is a L-Shaped settee with a coffee table/ottoman with built-in cup storage. The flooring is laminate teak and holly. There is a large see through into the port side dinette area and aft is access to the master cabin.
Forward and down three steps are galley areas. To port are fore and aft facing seats with a large table in between, easily seating four. Outboard is a continuation of the table making an outboard shelf. There is storage under the seats, as well as two storage drawers under the table. Across from the dinette is the galley area. The L-Shaped galley has Formica countertops, a large sink, appliances, and ample countertop food preparation and storage area with drawers and cabinets.
Further forward and along the port side is the day head with toilet, vanity and sink. All the way forward is the guest cabin with a V-Berth. The large cabin has plenty of storage and a hanging locker.
Back to the salon and aft is the master cabin. The large cabin features a centerline queen berth and plenty of room to maneuver around. Aft and to port is a large cabinet with drawers and desk. To starboard is the head area, larger than most apartments! There is a separate shower stall, large sink and head. Outboard is plenty of room for storage.
The galley is down from the salon and along the starboard side. A large galley with plenty of food storage and preparation spaces. The dinette is across from the galley and offers fore and aft seating and an open aft section of the bulkhead making direct communication with the open salon.
- Formica countertops with fiddles
- Painted cabinet doors
- Large single stainless-steel sink with faucet and sprayer
- Princess stainless steel stove and (3) burner top with top cover
- Sanyo 120-volt stainless steel refrigerator with freezer compartment
- Ample storage cabinets and drawers
- Outboard rack for additional storage
- In the counter dry storage
- Microwave oven space above refrigerator
Updated electrical systems with new panels exceeding ABYC standards using Blue Seas Panels.
- 12-volt DC and 120-volt AC power
- Power distribution panels with circuit breakers
- (2) 30 Amp shore power cords with splitter
- SeaPower generator connected to main engine producing electrical power
- (2) Marine air conditioners and reverse cycle heat
- Lower helm windshield wipers
- Stainless steel dual trumpet horns
- Remote controlled spotlight mounted on radar arch
- Insignia TV mounted on bulkhead in master cabin
- Xantrex True Charge 2 40-amp battery charger
- Life Line batteries
- GFI protected electrical receptacles
- Raritan 11-gallon hot water heater
- Pro-Marine Pro Safe FS60 60 Amp Galvanic Isolator system to protect steel hull
Electronics and Helm
- Danforth Constellation compass
- Insignia Flat Screen display that shows flybridge chart plotter screen
- Raymarine autopilot
- Uniden Solara VHF with DSC
- Danforth compass
- Raymarine chart plotter in beautiful custom box
- Raymarine autopilot
- Standard Horizon Matrix AIS/GPS VHF radio with DSC
Engine and Mechanical Details
A large engine room is easily accessed by lifting the galley steps. Once inside the engine room it is a stand-up compartment with easy access to all machinery and tankage. Extraordinarily clean bilges.
- 2000 John Deere 6068 TFM 01 diesel, fresh water cooled with 1,300 hours
- 2000 Twin Disc MG-506R marine transmission
- Stainless steel shaft with shaft log
- Bronze 30” four-blade propeller
- John Deere upper and lower engine panels with RPM, oil pressure, volts, water temp
- Stainless steel engine and transmission controls at both helms
- Fuel manifold system in engine room
- Racor primary fuel filter with vacuum gauge for main engine
- Painted steel steering wheel on bridge
- Brass steering wheel in lower helm
Deck and Hardware
- S-Electric windlass with remote and chain and rope gypsies
- Fortress FX-55 primary anchor with chain rode
- CQR 45 secondary anchor
- Hause pipe for anchor chain
- Steel stanchions and rails
- Bow dunnage box for added storage
- Port, starboard and stern boarding gates
- Swim platform on stern
- Dingy davits and engine mount on port stern
- Port and starboard sliding pilothouse doors with screens
- Port and starboard name boards on cabin top
- Aluminum supported soft top over helm and aft deck
- Aluminum radar arch above upper helm
- Aft deck with (4) folding chairs and built-in table
- Under the aft deck table storage for dock lines
- Life ring mounted on starboard side of aft deck
- Large helm seat with storage cabinet underneath
- Textalene covers for windshield and side windows
- Grey Sunbrella covers for name boards, hatches, helm, and helm seating
- Steel and stainless-steel handrails for added safety
A beautiful steel hull trawler that has been well cared for and updated. IRONY is ready for new adventures and your little ship will take you there in comfort and safety.
Easy to see in New Bern, NC. No Hurricane Florence Damage.
Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.