1972 Tartan 34C
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Noank, CT
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 24,000
"Shodow of the Whip" is a 1972 Tartan 34C located here at our marina in Noank, CT.. The boat has been constantly upgraded by her current owner's to be a capable single handed offshore boat. All the upgrades have produced a truly pleasant boat to sail in almost all weather.
Cell (860) 867-6411 Office: (860) 536-4978 Fax: (860) 536-4406 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
John MacPherson CPYB
Please contact John MacPherson CPYB at Cell (860) 867-6411
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Shadow of The Whip
LOA: 34 ft 10 in
Beam: 10 ft 0 in
LWL: 25 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 0 in
Displacement: 14000 lbs Dry Load
Bridge Clearance: 45 ft 0 in
Headroom: 6 ft 4 in
Total Power: 23 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2000
Engine Model: 2GM20 Fresh Water Cooled
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1300
Engine Power: 23 HP
Cruising Speed: 6 knots
Maximum Speed: 6 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: (40 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (26 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (18 Gallons)
Number of heads: 1
Double pull out main salon. V-berth double. Port pilot berth
- An over sized genoa furler.
- Detachable inner fore-stay by Hathaway Reisner and Raymond.
This allows for a reduced sail area in the event of foul weather.
This inner fore-stay takes hanked on smaller sails.
Preventers from the fore deck to the boom, eliminating the possibility of an unexpected jibe.
- Yanmar 2GM20 freshwater cooled
- The exhaust is a custom wet exhaust (Verna Lift) discharging water out the transom, well above the water line.
- Balmar 90 amp alternator with a Balmar voltage regulator
- Two battery banks, one bank has two series 28 Interstate deep cycle, the second has two series 29 Interstate deep cycle. Bank selection is by a Perko switch in the salon
- Bank one , the two series 29 are connected to a 20 amp charger, the other bank has a 10 amp charger
- The custom switch panel has an analog ammeter and an analog volt meter
- The custom mahogany switch panel, has 12 toggle switches and fuses for all 12 volt accessories
- 110 volt, 30 amp ABYC switch and fuse in custom housing. 110 breaker with 3 circuits and ground fault protectors
- Xantrax 1kw inverter with built in 20 amp charger. Auto cut off when shore power is connected
- 50' 30 amp shore power cord, receptacle in cockpit
- A 6 toggle switch panel controls power to the instruments and compass lights
- Raymarine ST-50 series knotmeter and depth finder in a custom made instrument enclosure above the companionway. In the center is a compass
- Raymarine ST-60 autopilot controller and a ST-60 wind speed and direction display are on the port cabin bulkhead
- The autopilot is a below deck Raymarine Type I, oversized for this boat
- Raymarine AXion 9 chartplotter is mounted on the port-side. All instruments and autopilot are connected via Sea-Talk.
- GPS located in the cabin
- Icom VHF
Sails / Rigging
- Main full batten dutchman H.R.R. 2000 (Very good condition)
- 150% Genoa New 2018 (Very good condition)
- Drifter - unknown age (Good condition)
- Storm Jib
- Propane stove
- Tiller steering
- Sail cover
- Bimini top
- Spinnaker gear
- Spinnaker pole
- Flag halyard
- 35 lb Danforth anchor
- 35 lb CQR anchor with 35' BBB chain 150' rode
- Bilge pump
- Boat hook
- Fire Ext.
- Horseshoe ring
- Stereo system
- BBQ grill
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.