1972 Grand Banks Sedan
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Winterport, ME
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 35,000
- Sale Pending
If you are looking for a classic 32’ Wooden Grand Banks Trawler, look no further! This Grand Banks is in very good condition with a 2009 re-fit costing over 90k. All of the typical “Grand Banks” issues have been dealt with. New custom built aluminum fuel tanks, cabin windows removed and new tracks, frames and glass installed, flybridge removed and completely re-built, and all new imtra brass lighting. See full specs for a complete listing. TORTUGA has been well maintained over the years and is sure to please anyone with an eye for detail. She needs her hull repainted now.
Please contact Annie Gray at 207-363-7997
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Grand Banks/American Marine
Designer: Kenneth Smith
LOA: 32 ft 0 in
Beam: 11 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 3 ft 8 in
Displacement: 17000 lbs
Total Power: 120 HP
Engine Brand: Ford Lehman
Year Built: 1986
Engine Model: 2714E
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 120 HP
Number of heads: 1
HULL & DECK:
- White hull, blue boottop, blue bottom (hull should be repainted).
- Solid carvel planked Mahogany on yakal frames.
- 2006 Lewmar Pro windlass added with foot controls at bow and remote controls, on flybridge.
- Teak decks (in good condition, but need some new bungs installed).
- Teak swim ladder; teak swim platform; varnished teak transom.
- Fresh water washdown.
- Weaver davits on swim platform for dinghy storage.
- Aluminum mast and boom, powder coated 2009.
- Exterior teak is in good condition – needs some minor refinishing.
Fuel: Approximately 186 gallons in two aluminum tanks; new 2009.
Water: 110 gallons in S/S tank.
Holding: 40 gallons in new poly tank.
ENGINE & MECHANICAL:
- Single 1986 Ford Lehman 2714E diesel, 120 hp, FWC, installed 2004; approximately 3000 hours.
- 2004 new heat exchangers, damper plate, hose clamps, fuel lines, fuel pump, engine mounts, rebuilt transmission, drivesaver, stainless drive and shaft, (3) new cutlass bearings.
- Morse engine controls.
- 2009 Racor fuel filter with gauge.
- 2009 1 ½” split shaft shark/rope cutter.
- Electric oil change pump in engine room (not operational at this time).
- 2009 propeller serviced and balanced.
- 12V DC engine room lighting.
- Cruising speed: 7.5 knots.
- Maximum speed: 8.5 knots.
- 12V DC/120V AC systems.
- Rewired 2009.
- New shore power outlet and 30/50 amp connector and shore power cord.
- 5.5kw Northern Lights generator, overhauled 2010–(not presently operational).
- 16,000 BTU Cruiseair A/C system (currently not operational, sold AS IS).
- 3 electric bilge pumps, hardwired to battery.
- 2009 Blue Seas AC & DC circuit panels with breakers.
- New master battery switch.
- 2017 2-4D batteries (one house, one engine).
- Fiberglass battery boxes.
- Volt and amp meters.
- Newmar 22 amp phase three battery charger.
- 11 gallon water heater – also engine supplied.
- Racor fuel filter.
- Teak joinerwork and a varnished teak parquet sole.
- All interior surfaces were wooded, varnished and painted white bulkheads in 2009, to the Herreshoff style by master painter in Brooklin, ME.
- All original headliners were removed and replaced with 2 layers of white Soundown and varnished teak battens.
- Starting forward is the private stateroom featuring a vee berth with filler cushion, below which there are 2 storage drawers, 2 drop face lockers and a teak magazine holder.
- Both starboard and port sides are graced with beautiful teak book shelves; the hatch and port windows provide ample ventilation with full screens.
- Aft and port is a voluminous double hanging locker.
- 2009 brass swivel style reading lamps in stateroom.
- To starboard is the head featuring a Sealand Vacuflush toilet via a y-valve to the connected 40 gallon holding tank, with macerator pump installed 2010.
- A tank watch with gauge for the holding tank is located at the helm.
- There is a vanity with S/S sink and original plumbing fixtures, re-chromed 2009.
- There is good storage beneath the vanity and an ensuite shower system, installed 2009, which drains to a separate sump pump, installed 2010.
- A full mirror, teak medicine cabinet and a S/S-teak lighting fixture (installed 2009), completes the head.
SALON, GALLEY & LOWER HELM STATION:
- Up three steps to the bright and airy main salon, galley and lower helm.
- To starboard is the lower helm station with helm seat, below which there is a large storage locker, full vessel controls and new Blue Seas electrical distribution panels, installed 2009.
- To port is the galley and aft, is a custom Grand Banks installed teak chart table with numerous drawers and lockers and a small settee with storage below.
- A Jensen AM/FM/CD stereo is located aft of the small settee, with speakers
- All cushion covers, curtains and pillows in Laura Ashley fabrics.
- New Weems & Plath brass thermometer, barometer and clock installed in 2009.
- To starboard is an L-settee berth which there is storage in drop face lockers and forward of which there is a bureau of five drawers.
- Dining is from a teak expandable table in front of the L-settee that drops to form a double size berth.
- New windows with channels and screens were installed 2009.
- The center aft sliding door opens directly onto an expansive teak cockpit deck.
- A straight galley on the portside provides ample storage and counter space.
- 2009 Force 10 3-burner propane stove and oven.
- Norcold 12V/110V AC refrigerator with freezer box is aft of the sink.
- There is a single basin S/S sink with original re-chromed 2009 plumbing fixtures.
- Storage is in 4 lockers and several drawers.
- Forward of the stove is a custom locker in the bridge deck with storage for dinnerware.
- 12” Standard Horizon CP 500 color chartplotter with capability of radar. Chartplotter can be run from both helms.
- Furuno 1623 Radar & Standard Horizon 12” CP500 GPS-Plotter.
- Danforth compass.
- Standard Elipse VHF radio.
- Raytheon Tridata ST60 depthsounder and speed.
- Danforth compass.
- Raytheon Tridata ST60 depthsounder & speed.
- Wired for 12” Standard CP500 GPS.
- Standard VHF radio.
- Royal blue bimini, flybridge cover, new Venturi windshield.
- 35 lb CQR anchor with 200´ chain installed 2010.
- Spreader lights.
- Life jackets.
- 3 fire extinguishers; Flare kit.
- New 2018 flybridge cushions.
- New 2018 aluminum mast.
2009 UPGRADES: (5 month total restoration and refit by Buxton Boats, Stonington, Maine exceeding $90,000):
- Dynel fabric applied to top of trunk cabin.
- All rotted wood completely replaced around main cabin.
- Windows removed and new tracks, frames and glass installed.
- Main cabin completely wooded, sealed and painted.
- Three quarters of bulwarks around cockpit completely replaced.
- Fantails below flybridge replaced.
- Hull below waterline was wooded, sealed and re-coated.
- One rotten plank replaced.
- All thru hull, seacocks and strainer replaced.
- Aluminum mast and boom (new powder coating) installed with new wiring.
- New spreader lights installed.
- All navigation lights and wiring replaced.
- 1 ½” split shaft shark/rope cutter installed.
- Stuffing box repacked and inspected.
- Flybridge completely removed, and rebuilt with marine grade plywood.
- Flybridge sole covered with Dynel fabric.
- New electrical and mechanical controls run to flybridge station.
- 2 New VHF antennas installed on flybridge.
- 2 New GPS antennas installed on flybridge.
- New 12” Standard Horizon color chartplotter installed (brackets on lower helm and flybridge).
- Headliner in both main salon and forward stateroom removed, and Soundown installed with teak battens.
- New screens installed in main cabin.
- New Blue Seas electrical panels installed and boat rewired.
- Shore power outlet replaced.
- All main cabin and forward stateroom lighting replaced with IMTRA brass fixtures.
- Original faucets in galley and head re-chromed.
- New Force 10 three burner propane stove and oven installed (tank and plumbing run to flybridge under seat compartment).
- Instrument panel rebuilt with fuel gauges, etc.
- Two new custom aluminum fuel tanks installed with gauges at lower helm station.
- New Racor fuel filter assemblies installed with vacuum gauges.
- Engine room refurbished and painted with new lighting installed.
- Every surface of the boat was wooded as needed and painted and/or varnished by a master painter formerly of Brooklin Boatyard.
- Anchor rode was replaced with 200 feet of all chain in 2010.
2001 restoration of hull and deck by former owners:
- New hatches installed.
- Teak decks completely reseamed.
- Deck hardware rebedded.
- Stanchions and trim removed from deck and rebedded.
- Deck trim sanded, cleaned, countersunk, bedded, and reinstalled.
- S/S spray and rubrails were removed, redowled and sanded.
- Swim platform sanded and reinstalled.
COMMENTS: If you are looking for a classic 32’ Wooden Grand Banks Trawler, look no further! This Grand Banks is in very good condition with a 2009 re-fit costing over 90k. All of the typical “Grand Banks” issues have been dealt with. New custom built aluminum fuel tanks, cabin windows removed and new tracks, frames and glass installed, flybridge removed and completely re-built, and all new imtra brass lighting. See full specs for a complete listing. TORTUGA has been well maintained over the years and is sure to please anyone with an eye for detail. She needs her hull repainted now.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.
Other Boats from Gray & Gray Yacht Brokers, Inc.
Belfast, ME, United States
Belfast, ME, United States
42 Classic Trawler (Hull#422)
Rockland, ME, United States
Winterport, ME, United States
42 Classic Trawler
South Freeport, ME, United States
36 Classic Trawler