1972 Custom Gallant 53
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Preveza, Greece
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- EUR 185,000 (US$ 210,308)
From Van de Stadt in 1972, she is a contemporary classic with her sweet lines and good sailing manners. Her sister EXPRESS CRUSADE made the Gallant 53 famous for her single handed circumnavigation. This yacht was totally refitted in 2017 to fit her for easy, and safe passage making and as a great addition to her owner's business - he teaches sailing amongst other things. She is now ready to cross oceans.
For more information on this vessel, please contact Sue Grant at our Lymington office on the numbers below.
Please contact Sue Grant at +44 (0)1590 679222
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
HUCK FINN III
Builder: Tyler Boat Co. Ltd (GB)
Designer: Van de Stadt
LOA: 53 ft 2 in
Beam: 13 ft 1 in
LWL: 38 ft 8 in
Minimum Draft: 7 ft 3 in
Maximum Draft: 7 ft 4 in
Displacement: 18143 kgs
Total Power: 70 HP
Engine Brand: Perkins
Engine Model: 4.236
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 70 HP
Number of single berths: 10
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 1
RCD Status: Our understanding is that the yacht is exempt from the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) as she was built and placed into use within the EU prior to 1998.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- The GRP hull from a female plug.
- The hull is painted in 2 pack polyurethane.
- The deck is GRP, balsa core and there is a teak deck laid over which has been replaced (2012) and totally gummed (2017), the panels in the cockpit were replaced (2017).
- Her superstructure is GRP and the exterior finishing is in Teak and stainless steel.
Keel & Rudder:
- She has a lead ballast keel which is GRP sheathed and a balanced rudder.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- Perkins 4.236, 72 hp diesel with conventional reverse reduction gearbox.
- Completely refurbished by Perkins Italy (2016).
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine has been very little used and serviced in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Steering and rudder assembly overhauled (2017).
Propulsion & Steering:
- 3 bladed last Maxprop series propeller 2017.
- Extensive tools specific to the yacht.
- The yacht has a 12v, 24v and 220v electrical system. This was all checked and updated in 2017.
- 240V ring main throughout the yacht.
- 2x 12 volt 200ah batteries for engine system forward and 2x 12 volt 200ah + 2 x 12 volt 400ah batteries aft for house and bowtrhuster.
- Separate 24/12 volt stabilizer for the electronics.
- Victron Energy 24-240v, 1000w inverter
- Quick 100ah/24v battery charger.
- 2 x Alternators at 24v.
- New 24v 60ah alternator (2017).
- 1000W 12v-240v inverter.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Pressurised water system throughout the yacht with accumulator tank (all upgraded 2017)
- Manual fresh water pumps in kitchen.
- Salt water foot pump in kitchen.
- Hot water via engine driven calorifier with 220 volt immersion.
- The majority of the piping for the plumbing has been replaced (2017).
- Saltwater deck wash pump (2017).
- Power Survivor, 12.5 litres per hour, 24v (2017). New, never used.
- 1 x Manual bilge pumps in the cockpit.
- 1 Engine driven Salvage pump.
- 1 Marco 24v. Bilge pump (2012).
- 1 Whale Gulper 320 24v (2017).
- 2 x structural GRP Fuel tanks for 140gal/600l.
- 4 x structural GRP Water tanks for total, 750gal/3400l with supply and return pipes.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- New grey water pump (2017).
Navigation Equipment (Electronics Replaced 2007)
- 1 x Constellation Compass.
- Raymarine ST60 repeaters at companionway giving depth, speed, wind.
- Raymarine E series Hybrid Touch 7” display at companionway.
- Raymarine ST 6002 autopilot with type 3 hydraulic ram (2012) and new Le Comble Schmit 24v reversible hydraulic pump (2017).
At Nav Station:
- VHF with DSC.
- Raytheon R80 chart plotter and radar and will fit a 40 miles Raytheon radar antenna that is already on board.
- Raymarine portable pilot control unit.
- 24/12v, stabilizer.
- 2x12v. Socket.
- Radio Ocean VHF with DSC.
- 3 burner cooker, oven and grill.
- Refrigerator and freezer each with new compressor and plates (2017).
- 1 x 24v Jabsco waterpump.
- 1 x Raritan manual loos aft all (refurbished 2017).
- 1 x showers with electric pump out (2017).
- Mirrors above sinks (replaced 2007).
- Pioneer radio/CD/Bluethooth/aux/usb plyer with remote control.
- 2 x Waterproof cockpit speakers, and 2 x main saloon speakers.
Summary of Accommodation:
- The interior is executed in white painted with teak bulkheads with teack trim and dark Okume longiudinal panels and variour furnitures and soleboards.
- The interior was re-varnished and the soleboards restored and re-varnished in 2017.
- Blue sky upholstery in main saloon and berth cushions through cabins all.
Description of layout from forwards:
- Crew separate cabin with V berths transforming in double bed, 4 large lockers stdb, 1 shelf port
- Aft stb. There is a large hanging loker
- To Port is the head witha stainless steel basin, manual wc. Shower plate is under the floorboard, fresh hot/cold running water. Basin mirror and full lenght mirror and lots of space for medicine, òpersonal effects and laudry storage.
- Main cabin port with upper single/double berth and lover single berth, basin with mirror, hanging locker and many minor loker. Stb of the main cabin there is a setee with lockers above, under and in the back.
- The main saloon is very spacious with an L shaped seating area to port, with folding dining table, for 8 and a locker behind settee. To starboard is a straight setee with upper pilot berth.
- On the port side aft of the main saloon, on a uper level with direct look out from the deckhouse windows, is a large galley in a U with a return by the saloon with a large food preparation area. Beneath this is the refrigerator and the area behind houses the cooker, a sink with manual and pressurized water supply and lots of storage.
- The navigation station is opposite to the galley with a huge chart table and bench for two.
- Aft of the galley/Chart table area, again on a rised lever, there are two facing bench with behind pilot berths either sides.
- Masthead cutter headed sloop with aluminium keel stepped aluminum rig bronze anodized 1 spreaders level. This original Sparlight mast was totally disassembled and inspected. Front lowers where replaced with a baby stay, and staysail direct on deck aft diagonals where replaced by diagonals on spreder tips and running back stays. This allowed for a big 100% staysail, and a lot of less chafing of the mainsail on the rig.
- All eletric and antennas cables replaced (2017).
- All shrouds and stays where replaced with certified material (2007).
- Running Rigging isn Dynema and Spectra (2017).
- Antal full battens mainsail system and lazy jacks.
- Deck gear Barient and Antal.
- Spinnaker pole.
- Antal jammers for mast halyards (2017).
- Antal mastexit sheaves for all halyard (2017).
- Antal jammers and blocks for spinnaker and asymmetric (2017).
- Spinnaker and asymmetric downhaul.
- New dyneema running backstays, with Antal web blocks (2017).
- 3 x 40 Barient 2 speed halyard/at mast – manual.
- 1 x 30 Barient 2 speed reefing lines at mast base– manual.
- 2 x 48 Barient 2 speed primary manual.
- 2 x 40 Barient 2 speed secondary winches.
- Mainsail by Onesails (2017) dacron with offshore reinforce and finish, 3 reef.
- Yankee 1 by OneSails (2017) dacron with offshore reinforce and finish.
- Staysail 1 by Onesail (2017) dacron with offshore reinforce and finish.
- Asymmetric spinnaker 1,5oz by Onesails (2017) with sock.
- Ratsey and Lapton, recut and newly reinforced yankee 2 (2017)
- Ratsey and Lapton, recut and newly reinforced yankee 3 (2017)
- Ratsey and Lapton Storm sail (2007).
- Pulpit, pushpit, boarding gates, stanchions, stainless steel.
- Teack Bathing ladder.
- Deck shower (2017).
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- 24v, 1700w Lofrans Falkon horizontal windlass (2017).
- 100 meter of 10mm chain (2017).
- Production stainless steel grapnel anchor.
- 2 x CQR anchors.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Sailcover and Sprayhood (2017) in cream Sunbrella.
- White vinyl cockpit cushions.
Tender & Outboard:
- 1 x Roll up rubber dinghy with 2012 2hp Honda 4 stroke.
- 2 x Lifebuoys with lights, one fitted with buoyant line.
- Life Guard 6 man valise liferaft.
- 3 x Grab bags.
- 8 self infkating Lifejackets with harnesses.
- EPIRB (2017).
- Various fire extinguishers including an automatic engineroom fire extinguisher and a large CO2 extinguisher, plus various power units.
- Fire Blanket.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Berthon
Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Elliot 1850 Schooner
Bay of Islands, New Zealand
Cowes, Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
Van de Stadt 41
Dubois 24m Ketch
Panmure, New Zealand