1971 Cheoy Lee Clipper 36 Ketch
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Kennebunkport, ME
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 37,500
These 36 Cheoy Lee "Clipper" ketches are a traditional Classic vessel, heavily built, with wide decks, a spacious cockpit, and charming teak interior. Please note that AUM has had a major rebuilding with her teak decks removed and replaced with fiberglass, her chainplates replaced, a new laid and caulked teak cockpit with new cockpit coamings, new fuel tanks, vessel was rewired, new sails purchased and used lightly, and many other upgrades performed. If you prefer the traditional vessels of heavy fiberglass construction, AUM is worth a look. She has been in the same family since 1975. Please call us for your inspection. She will be launched and ready to sail in June.
Annie Gray is a longstanding YBAA member, offering 43 years of experience in assisting clients in the purchase or sale of high quality yachts of distinction.
Please call Annie at 207-363-7997 or on her cell at 603-498-3450
Please contact Annie Gray at 207-363-7997
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Cheoy Lee Shipyards, LTD, Hong Kong
Designer: A.E. Luders
LOA: 35 ft 8 in
Beam: 10 ft 9 in
LWL: 25 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 3 in
Displacement: 16250 lbs
Ballast: 2375 lbs
Headroom: 6 ft 3 in
Total Power: 40 HP
Engine Brand: Perkins
Engine Model: 4-107
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 40 HP
2000/2001:MAJOR RESTORATION BY PAUL ROLLINS, BOATBUILDER, YORK, ME: (over $80,000 spent)
• Rebuilt house, all solid teak in 2000.
• Rebuilt teak taffrails.
• Teak side decks removed, new fiberglass decks installed in 2000 (all deck hardware was removed to do the deck properly).
• In 2000, one keel bolt was removed and checked and found in fine condition.
• Portside top of trunk cabin rebuilt in 2000.
• New teak laid and caulked cockpit.
• New teak cockpit coamings.
• New S/S chainplates; new exhaust.
• New teak veneer and portlights on interior trunk cabin sides.
HULL & DECK:
• White hull original gelcoat in very good condtion, blue sheer stripe, red bottom.
• Double lifelines; double gates.
• S/S bow rails.
• Teak wheel and binnacle.
• Four teak grates in cockpit.
• 2 chrome Dorade vents.
• 3 deck hatches.
• 7 S/S opening ports with screens; 4 non opening ports.
• Portable boarding ladder.
Fuel: 50 gallons in 2-25 gallon fiberglass tanks, new 2000.
Water: 100 gallons in S/S tank.
Holding: yes bladder type with y-valve.
ENGINE & MECHANICAL:
• Perkins 4-107 40 hp diesel, 6 cylinder, FWC, (top end rebuilt in 1995 by Robinhood Marina). Unknown engine hours - no hour meter.
• 2 bladed bronze 13RH7 prop; prop reconditioned in 2000.
• 2000 1 1/4" S/S shaft.
• 2000 new cutlass bearing.
• 2002 new oil cooler and motor mounts.
• Engine gauges.
• Chrome vent aft in engine room.
• Improved engine access.
Cruising speed: 6 knots
• 12V DC system only.
• Two Group 31 batteries, 2013 & 2015.
• 2 new West Marine fused DC electrical panel; vessel was rewired in 2000.
• Voltmeter & ammeter.
• Battery switch; circuit breaker panel.
• 2014 alternator.
• Seaward 6 gallon hot water heater.
• For six in a lovely teak interior with new teak main bulkhead and house sides with white overheads.
• Vee berths forward with filler piece.
• Next aft is the enclosed head with sink and shower, and Wilcox Crittenden manual head with holding tank and y-valve.
• The main salon had a dinette to port which converts to a double.
• To starboard is a pull-out transom berth with pilot berth over.
• The galley is to port of the companionway with 3 burner kerosene stove with oven, new icebox, and S/S sink with hot and cold pressure water.
• Raymarine ST40 depth & speed.
• Garmin 192 C GPS-MAP.
• VHF radio.
• Sestrel compass.
• 15 year old radar will be included (but will not be installed).
SAILS & RIGGING ( 635 sq. ft. sail area).
• Original Mainsail- year unknown.
• 2002 135% genoa by North Sails.
• 2007 mizzen by North Sails.
• Blue & white spinnaker.
• 2 Barient #13 two speed winches; 2 Barient #9 2 speed winches; 2 Barient #5 mainmast winches; 1 Barient #5 mizzen mast mounted.
• Harken MK III roller furler.
• Mainsheet traveller in cockpit.
• S/S standing rigging.
• Dacron running rigging.
• Running backstays.
• Boom vang.
• New headstay installed in 2017.
• Painted white spars, stored indoors in Yarmouth, ME.
• Blue sail covers.
• 35 lb CQR anchor.
• 40 lb Danforth anchor with 160' rode and 25' chain.
• Rule 2000 gph electric bilge pump; Whale gusher manual bilge pump.
• Winter frame.
• 6 fenders; docklines.
• Handheld horn.
• Manual anchor windlass with two rollers on bowsprit.
• Brass ship's bell.
• Emergency tiller.
• Lifesling.; MOB.
• Ensign and staff.
• Fire extinguishers.
COMMENTS: These 36 Cheoy Lee "Clipper" ketches are a traditional Classic vessel, heavily built, with wide decks, a spacious cockpit, and charming teak interior. Please note that AUM has had a major rebuilding with her teak decks removed and replaced with fiberglass, her chainplates replaced, a new laid and caulked teak cockpit with new cockpit coamings, new fuel tanks, vessel was rewired, new sails purchased and used lightly, and many other upgrades performed. If you prefer the traditional vessels of heavy fiberglass construction, AUM is worth a look. She has been in the same family since 1975. Please call us for your inspection. She will be launched and ready to sail in June.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.