1970 Hustler 35
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Oban, Argyll & Bute, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 19,500 (US$ 24,344)
- Sale Pending
Perdix is a well-presented example of the Hustler 35 class. A classic Donald Pye designed, British built offshore cruising yacht. With her classic sweet lines and the distinct tumbleholm amidships, she is a boat that will attract admiration in any marina.
Offered for sale in a sail away condition with an inventory to suit a first time buyer her highlights include:
- Full osmosis treatment in 2009.
- Kiwi-Deck painted decks
- New Jeckells mainsail and genoa fitted 2007.
- Sprayhood with full cockpit tent, 2017.
- Garmin chart plotter (2017) with Tacktick instruments.
- Beta Marine, Beta 28 diesel engine.
Wintering ashore PERDIX will be recommissioned and launched in April 2020, thereafter she will be available for viewing afloat on her mooring.
Please contact Mark Cameron at +44 (0)7988763254
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Donald Pye
LOA: 10.72 m
Beam: 3.22 m
LWL: 7.85 m
Maximum Draft: 1.80 m
Displacement: 5420 kgs
Total Power: 28 HP
Engine Brand: Beta Marine
Engine Model: 28
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 28 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 Fiberglass
Fuel Tanks: 1
Holding Tanks: 1
Number of heads: 1
Electrical Circuit: 12V
As with many boats of the era the GRP hull and deck were moulded by Tylers before being fitted out by Landamores.
- Single piece, heavyweight GRP moulding.
- Sandwich construction.
- External fin-shaped, lead ballast keel.
- Skeg hung spade rudder.
- Hull given full Osmosis treatment in 2009 under supervision of surveyor, reports available.
- Hull finished above waterline with single pack white gloss.
- Single piece GRP moulded deck incorporating coachroof and self-draining cockpit.
- Deck moulding finished with Kiwi-Deck non-slip deck paint.
- Deck and coachroof top finished in off-white non-slip deck paint panels.
- Cockpit seating and sole finished with laid teak panels.
Spars & Rigging.
- Keel stepped, single spreader, masthead sloop rig.
- Mast and spars of anodised alloy construction.
- Standing rigging of 1x19 stainless steel wire. All replaced in 2010.
- SailSpar endless line roller reefing system on forestay for genoa.
- Sailtainer roller reefing boom.
- Adjustable backstay tensioner.
- Selden retractable bowsprit for cruising chute.
- Lines lead aft to cockpit.
- Halyard winches and rope clutches mounted port and starboard sides of companionway.
- Primary Winches - 2x Lewmar 46, two-speed, self-tailing.
- Secondary Winches - 2x Lewmar 28, two-speed, self-tailing.
- Halayrd Winches - 2x Lewmar 16, single-speed, self-tailing
Sails are valeted, serviced and stored in the Jeckells Sail Loft annually.
- Mainsail - White Dacron, in-boom Sailtainer roller reefing. Jeckells Sails (2007)
- Genoa - White Dacron, roller reefing. Jeckells Sails (2007)
- Cruising Chute. - Sets on a retractable bowsprit.
- Cockpit Tent - Owen Sails (2017)
- Winter Sprayhood and cockpit cover.
Mooring & Ground Tackle
- Bower Anchor - 20kg Bruce anchor on chain rode.
- Kedge Anchor - 10kg Brittany anchor on chain/warp rode.
- Electric Anchor Windlass - Lewmar Pro-Series 1000. Footswitches mounted on foredeck.
- Mooring Warps - Selection
- Fenders - Selection
- Single bow roller.
- Stainless steel pulpit and pushpit rails.
- Stainless steel, deck mounted stanchions supporting stainless steel guardwires.
- Teak toerail running the length of the deck outboard.
- Stainless steel, deck mounted mooring cleats forward, midships and aft.
- Teak grabrails running along the length of the coachroof outboard.
- Lines lead aft to cockpit on port and starboard sides.
- Moulded coaming protecting cockpit.
- Coaming mounted primary and secondary winches.
- Halyard winches mounted port and starboard sides of companionway.
- Cave lockers within coamings port and starboard.
- Bench seating along both sides of cockpit and across forward and after ends.
- Locker beneath port and starboard seats.
- Cockpit sole hatch provides access to aft end of the engine space and seacocks.
- Depth Sounder - Tactick
- Log - Tactick
- Wind - Tacktick
- Plotter 1 - Garmin GPSMAP 751 (2017)
- Plotter 2 - Yeoman plotter for use on paper charts.
- Radar - Furuno 1526 with mast-mounted 2kw scanner.
- VHF - Icom M505 VHF with CommandMic in cockpit.
- Navtex - McMurdo ICS Navtex Dual
- Autopilot - Raymarine SPX5 Tiller pilot.
- Freshwater System -
- Heating - Webasto Airtop, diesel fired, blow air system. Outlets in Forecabin, Saloon and Heads.
- Galley Stove - Tecimplex gas cooker. 2 burner, grill and oven. Gimbal mounted.
- Gas System - GasSafe certificate issued 2014.
- Heads - Jabsco manual marine toilet. Discharging overboard or to holding tank.
- Holding Tank - Located under forward port bunk. Manual overboard discharge with deck suction discharge fitting on deck also.
- Lighting - Lighting throughout is LED with the exception of strip lights in saloon.
Below decks the layout is very much in the style of the traditional British built cruising yacht of the era. A large saloon open aft to the companionway with the heads forward of the main bulkhead. PERDIX benefits from having been professionally re-upholstered throughout in 2007.
Description of below decks accommodation from forward:
Forward Cabin - Two single berths in traditional V-berth layout. Stainless steel hawse pipe running down between berths forward. Storage lockers provided beneath bunks. Large opening deck hatch provides light and ventilation.
Heads - Located to port, immediately aft of forward cabin. Manual marine toilet located outboard. Compact wash hand basin set into countertop forward. Storage lockers beneath countertop and outboard.
Saloon - Bench settees running along port and starboard sides. Removable, folding saloon table on swivelling mount. Outboard of settees port and starboard are two compact pilot berths, not currently fitted with cushions. Storage lockers behind seat backs.
Galley - To starboard of companionway. L-shaped galley worktop. Gas galley stove on gimbal mounts outboard. Stainless steel sink aft. Selection of lockers outboard and beneath worktop with top-loading lined locker aft.
Nav Station - Opposite galley to port. Forward facing chart table with navigator sitting on forward end of quarter berth. Chart storage within table, dedicated forward facing seat. Radar display and VHF within easy reach of navigators seat. Navtex mounted outboard with ships switch panel. 1/4berth currently used for storage only with no cushion.
- SeaMe Active Radar Reflector.
- Liferaft - Avon 4 person. Cannister. Next service due 2022.
- Jon Buoy - Annually serviced.
- Shore Power System - Hard wired, RCD protected system. 16amp, weatherproof connector in cockpit, Sockets throughout interior.
- Manual Bilge Pump - Located in aft end of Cockpit.
- Electric Bilge Pump - Manual and auto-switching.
- Boarding Ladder - Stainless steel, folding, clips on port side.
- Tiller Extension.
- Beta Marine, Beta 28.
- 28hp at 3,200rpm.
- 3 cylinder, naturally aspirated, indirectly cooled.
- TMC mechanical reversing marine gearbox.
- Engine professionally serviced annually.
- Stainless steel prop shaft (2017)
- Packing type sterngland with remote greaser.
- 3 blade Kiwi Prop, feathering propeller.
- Stainless Steel, 100ltr diesel tank. (2018)
- Engine Battery - x1 110Ah, 12v, lead acid.
- Domestic Battery - x2 11Ah,12v, lead acid. (2019)
- Smart Charger Alternator Controller - Victron.
- Battery Charger.
The boats switch panel and battery wiring were replaced during the current ownership. Link switches are fitted to bridge the two battery banks.
In this case we are acting as brokers only.
The Owner is not selling in the course of a business. whilst every care has been taken in their preparation , the correctness of these particulars is not guaranteed. The Purchaser is strongly advised to check the particulars and where appropriate at their expense to employ a qualified Marine Surveyor to carry out a survey and/or to have an engine trial conducted which if conducted by us shall not imply any liability for such engine on our part.
This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.