1970 Alden 39
- 360° Photo
- View Full Specifications
A Classic design
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Dumbarton, West Dunbartonshire, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 44,500 (US$ 57,507)
The Alden 39 "Isoletta" is a sloop rigged classic design with a GRP hull. She exhibits all the traditional qualities of yesteryear design with the benefits of some modernity. A recently installed engine, good sails and canvas work give longevity to this classic beauty. 7 berths and separate heads.
We look forward to organising your viewing and answering any questions you may have.
Rhu Boat Sales, Michael Schmidt & Partner, Tel: +0044(0)1436 821606 - firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT NOTICE PLEASE READ
Boats are available for viewing on PONTOONS, HARD STANDING (ladder access), on MOORINGS and in some cases FURTHER AFIELD. Please contact us before hand to check the location of the vessel you wish to view and any special requirements. If you are traveling a distance this is especially important in order to make sure the boats you wish to view are in their advertised location and available for viewing.
Please contact at +44 (0)1436 821606
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 11.88 m
Beam: 3.38 m
Minimum Draft: 1.58 m
Maximum Draft: 1.58 m
Displacement: 9710 kgs Dry Load
Total Power: 75 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo
Year Built: 2013
Engine Model: Penta D2
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 75
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 75 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 Stainless steel (135 Liters)
Fuel Tanks: 1 Stainless steel (60 Liters)
Number of single berths: 3
Number of twin berths: 1
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
Hull, Deck and Keel
- Hull is in white GRP.
- Deck is in teak (new 2011).
- Superstructure is in white painted marine ply and varnished wood.
- Shoal draft keel with a drop plate for deep water cruising.
- Wheel steering in an aft style cockpit.
- LOA - 11.88m.
- Draft - 1.58m.
- Beam - 3.38m.
- Displacement - 9710Kg.
Interior and Accommodation
7 berths in total comprising 1 double berth and 5 single berths with single heads.
Forward cabin has 2 single berths in "V" and ample storage space in various lockers and shelves. Good natural light is provided by 3 port lights and an opening hatch.
Heads to port between the saloon and forward cabin and features a manual Jabsco toilet wash basin with hot and cold pressurised water and an extendable shower head. Good storage and natural light via a port light. Hanging locker to stbd.
Saloon is spacious and well laid out with good natural light and headroom. To port is a horseshoe settee berth which converts to a double berth and a double leaf folding table, slim single settee berth to stbd with a spacious pilot berth outboard/above.
- Chesapeake diesel heater (requires service).
- Parafin lamp.
- 12v spotlights.
L shaped galley is to port aft in the saloon and features a 2 burner Sunlight Dometic cooker with oven, a Waeco front loading fridge with intergrated freezer box and a stainless steel sink with hot and cold water via a mixer tap. There is ample storage space in various lockers drawers and shelving.
Navigation Station is to stbd aft in the saloon and a spacious quarter berth lends seating to the good sized chart table. Ships electrical distribution panel is aft of the nav station.
Wide side decks lead to the spacious foredeck which is all secured by a stainless steel pulpit and stainless steel stanchions with double stainless steel pvc coated guardwires and a full pushpit.
- Single bow roller.
- Anchor with chain.
- 7 mooring cleats with 4 fairleads.
- Lofrans Tigers 12v 1200 watt anchor windlass with warping drum and foot controls.
- Genoa sidetracks and cars.
- 2 hand rails port and stbd.
- Long safe cockpit with 4 teak laid cockpit lockers providing ample seating and a teak laid cockpit sole.
- Wheel steering with emergency tiller.
- Lazarette locker with varnished wood hatch.
- Dinghy by separate negotiation.
- 2 x Lewmar 48 2 speed self tailing primary winches.
- 2 x Lewmar Emsworth 2 speed secondary winches.
- 2 halyard winches at the mast.
- 6 winch handles.
- Icom IC-M421 DSC VHF radio at chart table.
- Raymarine Autohelm Series ST60 echosounder in cockpit.
- Raymarine Autohelm Series ST60 Speed/log.
- Raymarine C70 chart plotter at chart table.
- Bulkhead compass in cockpit/saloon.
- McMurdo ICS Nav6 Navtex.
Rig and Sails
Masthead sloop rigged with gold alloy spars by Proctor which is all supported by stainless steel standing rigging.
- Keel stepped mast.
- Braid on braid running rigging in good condition.
- Stack pack.
- Lazy jacks.
- Seafurl furling system for the headsail.
- Main sail.
Machinery and Propulsion
Volvo Penta D2 75hp inboard 4 cylinder marine diesel engine with shaft drive.
- Engine new in 2013 and only 75 hours since.
- Bow thruster with independent battery.
- Morse throttle control.
12v ships electrical system is powered by 2 batteries and the engine alternator charges the batteries.
- 12v engine start battery.
- 12v 120ah domestic battery.
- 12v bow thruster battery.
- 240v shore power with cable.
- Battery charger.
- Invertor for 240v power.
- BM-1 battery monitor.
- Takara TV with built in DVD player.
- Sharp Stereo/tape player.
- Booster Sound CD player with internal speakers.
- Liferaft (new 2015).
- Electric automatic bilge pump.
- 2 manual bilge pumps.
- 2 fire blankets.
- 2 dry powder fire extinguishers.
- Horseshoe lifebuoy.
- Navigation lights, port & stbd on bow, steaming light and anchor light.
- Coastal flare pack - 2 red hand flares, 2 orange hand smokes & 2 red parachute rockets (all new).
Systems and Tankage
- 60L stainless steel fuel tank.
- 135L stainess steel water tank.
- Calorifer for hot water.
Manufacturer and Design Information
- Designed by John Alden and built by Christopher Wade in 1970.
I bought Isoletta in Portugal after seeing her beautiful lines and falling for her almost immediately. I am selling her reluctantly as I am just too busy to get any time sailing her.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as life rafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owner’s specific needs.
Whilst we make best effort to obtain documentation from Vendors it is advisable to check what is available before travelling to view or making an offer.