1970 Folk Boat Classic 26
- View Full Specifications
Complete pro rebuild 2010.
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Woolverstone, Suffolk, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 19,950 Tax Paid (US$ 25,333)
Boats for sale UK. Folk boat of Carvel hull finish for sale, this 26 foot folkboat is of mahogany on oak construction by Shepherds of Windermere in 1970. She has had love and professional attention lavished on her since and benefits from a replacement Yanmar 10hp marine diesel. Cover picture of her on Classic Boat and feature article. Aluminium gold anodised spars.Complete rebuild by Adrian Donovan, Suffolk boat builder October 2010, survey is available when viewing. She is in fine order and typically of folk boat design look superb on the water, the design has developed over many years and is a safe sea kindly vessel. Reasonable offers will be considered
FIXED PRICE BROKERAGE - UK and International Service: - NO SALE - NO FEE - NO Upfront Payments - NO Cancellation Fees - Call us on 01473 780286
Precious Marine - 01473 780286 ext 1.
Offices, Essex, Suffolk- HQ.
Please contact Graham Knight at 01473 780286
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Shepherds of Windermere
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 25 ft 5 in
Beam: 7 ft 0 in
LWL: 19 ft 8 in
Minimum Draft: 3 ft 11 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 0 in
Total Power: 10 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 1GM10
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: 2 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 10 HP
Fuel Tanks: 1
Number of single berths: 2
Number of double berths: 1
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
- Sliding companionway hatch leads to steps down into this charming interior.. Linear single berths on port and starboard sides with a V berth in forward cabin via small corridor formed by marine head compartment to starboard and a large hanging locker with lower stowage holding.
- Steps lead from saloon out to a good size cockpit via the engine box with removable top and front for access.
- Linear galley to starboard adjacent to companionway.
- Switchgear and Icom 1G VHF with DSC on portside bulkhead adjacent to companionway.
- Light brown recent fabric upholstery seats. Stowage under seating and hull cave lockers too.
- Beamed cabin roof adds vintage feel and style. The craft has a good well looked after charm and recent interior lights complete this impression.
Hull, Deck, Safety & Canvas
- Completer rebuild and 4 page article in Classic Boat Jan 2011. (copy for perusal)
- 2 x automatic bilge pumps.
- 1 x manual bilge pump.
- Life bouy
- Radar reflector.
- Hull is Carvel laid mahogany on oak, varnish finish to hull and joinery topsides.
- Note a post rebuild survey report is available for viewing..
Rigging & Sails
- Running Rigging 6 years old.
- Standing Rigging 6 years old.
- Alloy spars
- Topping lift, 2015.
- Genoa, Storm Jib, Mainsail all original and serviced regularly, but virtually unused as craft layed up for 40 years, until major refit and re build 2 years ago.
- New guard wires and stanchions 2014.
- Plastimo bulkhead compass in cockpit
- Clipper Depth, Speed and log instrument head also bulk head mounted on opposite port side of the cockpit/ Long wood tiller.
- Navigation lights.
- Garmin GPS 72H
- Navico VHF.
- Full instrument switchboard in saloon.
- VHF ICOM 1G -M411 dsc.
- Yanmar Marine diesel 10hp. to shaft.
- 25 feet, 4 berths carvel built Folk Boat commissioned in 1970 by Shepherds of Windermere.
- Restoration years: 2010/2011
- Shortlisted for ‘Restoration of the year’ award shortlist (6 pages in Classic Boat Magazine January 2011 and on front cover)
- Was bought 19/08/2014 and restored over 2 years (2009-2010) by Adrian Donovan (Suffolk Boat builder)
- Traceable previous owners
- Survey available by Brown and Overbury in July 2010
- SSR144207 registered up to 21/07/2020
- Registered with the Folkboat Association as Viking Bird 509
- Original Albin petrol engine was replaced by a Yanmar 10 HP diesel engine.
- Equipped with all modern facilities: GARMIN GPS 72H + VHF + lights, etc
- Carvel construction mahogany on oak
- Cockpit roof was completely rebuilt and whole boat made seaworthy with aluminium mast fitted.
- Sail area: 258 sq F
- Original sails available although main sail in need of TLC
- "Open to Offers" - All reasonable offers will be considered
Precious Marine offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Some websites that link to us may not drag the full information across please feel free to click the link and ask for the full inventory.