1969 Nautor Swan 36
- View Full Specifications
Price just reduced
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- South Portland, ME
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 59,000
Price just reduced!
Located in South Portland, Maine, ETAIN is a superbly restored Swan 36. A classic Sparkman & Stevens design, definitely the best-preserved Swan, in the older Swan community. New Awl-grip topsides & deck, chain-plates re-bedded, full re-varnishing, inside and out, plus a long list of other improvements. Previous and current owners paid particular and careful attention to keep ETAIN as original as possible and to keep her a classic. All the work for previous owner was done at Jamestown Boat Yard, well known as a Swan yard. Recent work was performed by Stanley’s Boat Yard in Barrington, Rhode Island in 2015. ETAIN has always been stored indoors in the off-season.
Designer: SPARKMAN & STEPHENS
Flag of Registry: USA
LOA: 35.73' / 10.89m
LWL: 25.92' / 7.90m
Beam: 9.68' / 2.95m
Maximum Draft: 6.07' / 1.85m
Displacement: 14300 lbs./ 6486 kgs.
Ballast: 7936 lbs. / 3600 kgs.
Ballast / Disp.: 55.50%
Disp. / Length: 366.59
Designer: Sparkman & Stephens
Years in Production: 1967 to 1970
Number Produced: 80
Cabin Headroom: 5.90' / 1.80m
The Swan 36 was the designed by Sparkman & Stephens. The Swan 36 was the boat that put NAUTOR on the map’ worldwide, and is still a sought after classic Swan, especially considering the condition of ETAIN.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Deck hardware removed, top layer of fiberglass deck delaminated areas near primary winches removed, core replaced, re-glassed and re-faired deck including molded track wedges. All smooth and nonskid surfaces new Awl-grip applied, all hardware re-bedded and installed, 2010.
- Majority of deck hardware upgraded/re-chromed / re-anodized, 2011.
- Loose stanchion bases repaired/backing plates, 2011.
- Topsides Awl-gripped, 2010.
- Chain plates removed, inspected, replaced and re-bedded, 2010.
- Stern cleats removed, repainted and reinstalled, 2010.
- Prop strut area repaired and faired, 2012.
- Antifouling, 2013.
- Teak toe rails stripped, sealed & varnished, 2011, touched up with an additional two coats in 2013.
- Exterior completely varnished with two coats high gloss in 2011, with touch-ups and two more coats Oct 2013.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- WESTERBEKE 30B, 3 cylinder
- Horsepower 27
- Less than 200 hours
- Installed as new engine in 2002
Maintenance & Performance:
- Replaced entire length of metallic exhaust with new style hose, including new plastic silencer,new vented loop configuration, etc., 2010.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Tiller Steering.
- 120V receptacle in head, 2009.
- Wiring tidied behind electrical panel, 2010.
- Windex, 2010.
- Circuit breakers labeled, 2010.
- All interior lighting LED, 2016
- Relocated vapor proof battery switch, 2015
- New batteries, 2013.
- 12V batteries secured with original NAUTOR strapping, 2010.
- 20 Amp multi stage, 2016
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- No hot or cold pressure water.
- New saltwater intake hose for sink, 2009.
- New raw water pump, 2010
- New bladder water tank and related plumbing 2010.
- Fuel tank cleaned, 2016
- Bulkhead mounted compasses, serviced 2011.
- Tiller autopilot.
- VHF CMP348W
- Raymarine P70 Autopilot, 2015.
- New VHF antenna, 2010.
- Raymarine Wind, masthead and speedo, 2010.
- GPS GARMIN 640
- interior / exterior mount for GPS added, 2016
- Kenwood AM/FM/CD stereo in main salon with speakers
- Magnetic compass
- Ice Box.
- Single SST sink.
- 2 burner CNG stove (one tank - system checked 2013).
- Toilet with holding tank.
- Head hardware replaced/polished/new shower handle, hinges, latches, et cetera. 2010.
- Seawater or fresh water pump at head sink.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Three SST Dorade vents.
- New vent fitting in head, 2010.
- CRUISEAIR 16,000 BTU marine air conditioner/heater. - needs service
- New Found Metals opening ports, 2016
Summary of Accommodation:
- Her interior is a mix of koto and teak wood, ply stained floors, which have just been re-varnished.
- Port and starboard quarter berths aft, galley to starboard side, head athwartships forward, and v-berth foc’sle cabin.
- Lee clothes.
- Ten chrome New Found Metals opening ports.
- Sliding overhead hatch.
- Floorboards stripped and varnished, 2010.
- Interior varnished, striped and coats built up on items such as salon handrails, two coats on other surfaces 2011.
- Interior cushions, 2010.
- Forepeak: 72” long, widest point at aft end of bunk is 76”, tapers to 10”.
- Salon settee, is U-shaped with table, outboard settee is 78” long.
- Stern quarter berth, 74”, tapers from 32” to 15”.
- Bell quartz chronometer and barometer
- NAUTOR single spreader alum. rig.
- Mast step repaired/modified/upgraded 2010.
- Hall Quick vang.
- Newer Hall boom (done by a previous owner, age unknown).
- Barlow secondary and halyard winches.
- Harken Traveller & mainsheet system.
- Harken roller furling, serviced 2010.
- New spinnaker halyard 2010.
- All turnbuckles serviced and cleaned 2010.
- Masthead sheaves removed and serviced, 2010.
- Backstay adjuster repaired, prep and painted 2010.
- Spectra furling line, 2010.
- LEWMAR #54 self tailing primary winches.
- LEWMAR winch installed for slab reefing, 2013.
- Main & jib 2009. Lightly used. Other older sails available.
- New shelf in stbd cockpit locker with enclosure for shift control, 2011.
- Swim Ladder.
- Lexan forward hatch with solar fan, 2016
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Cockpit cushions, 2010.
- Fully fitted Fairclough winter cover with frame
- New vinyl coated lifelines, 2013.
- Fortress anchor and bow mounting bracket system, 2015
- Tiller clutch, 2016
- New fenders with fleece covers
- First aid kit
- Flare kit
- Inflatable PFD’s with integral harness
- Custom tool kit
Thank you for visiting New England Yacht Partners. Let our collective experience go to work for you. Call toll free 888 525 9457 If we do not have the exact boat you are looking for, let us know and we will be happy to find the right match. From Maine to New Jersey, we can find the boat you desire.
Call 401-252-1231 or email - email@example.com for more information or to schedule a showing.
Please contact William Shaw at 888 525 9457
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Sparkman and Stephens
Flag of Registry: United States
LOA: 35 ft 8 in
Beam: 9 ft 8 in
LWL: 25 ft 10 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 1 in
Ballast: 7936 lbs
Headroom: 5 ft 10 in
Dry Weight: 14300 lbs
Total Power: 27 HP
Engine Brand: WESTERBEKE
Engine Model: 308
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 27 HP
Electric bilge pump
Manual bilge pump
Electrical Circuit: 12V
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.