1968 Downeast Lobster Yacht
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / Gas/Petrol
- Located In:
- South Bristol, ME
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 38,000
NANCY SNOW is an iconic Beals Island lobster boat, representing the epitome of the type. There is nothing better for day trips or for use as an island commuter, and NANCY SNOW is sure to be one of the best looking boats in any harbor she graces.
Her current owners purchased NANCY SNOW in 1997 at which time they had Peter Kass of John’s Bay Boatshop replace 31 frames, refasten the bottom, and re-power her with a new 270 hp. fuel injected Crusader engine. In the early 2000's the house and decks were rebuilt and she has received regular upgrades and excellent maintenance ever since.
NANCY SNOW is stored indoors in South Bristol, ME and is ready to launch come spring. Just think of the memories you and your family could create aboard this classic Downeast picnic boat!
Artisan Boatworks is one of the world’s premier yards for new construction, restoration, storage and maintenance of classic yachts. Not finding exactly what you’re looking for? We are happy to provide estimates for custom new builds, restorations, upgrades, and maintenance costs. Please visit our website at www.ArtisanBoatworks.com and contact us today!
Please contact Alec Brainerd at 207- 542-0372
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Alvin Beal
Designer: Alvin Beal
LOA: 31 ft 0 in
Beam: 10 ft 9 in
Maximum Draft: 3 ft 1 in
Total Power: 270 HP
Engine Brand: Crusader
Year Built: 1998
Engine Model: 350
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Gas/Petrol
Engine Power: 270 HP
- White hull, blue boottop, red bottom.
- Cedar planking on oak frames.
- 2012 replaced stem.
- 2012 replaced keel bolts with bronze.
- 2007 replaced entire house and top with laminated plywood (replica of original house).
- 1998 31 frames and floors replaced; many bronze fasteners replaced.
- 1998 decks rebuilt and new fir cockpit sole installed.
- Foredeck, side decks and housetop painted in traditional buff color.
- 3 fixed front Diamond Sea Glaze windows.
- Traditional pilothouse with fixed portside and open starboard side.
- Red leaded bilges.
- New davit for hauling pots or anchor.
- New electric winch at helm.
- Wooden rudder.
- Forward hatch.
- Bronze sea strainer.
- Bow bit.
- Handrails on housetop.
- 2 wipers.
- Bronze hardware.
Engine and Mechanical
- 1998 Crusader 350 gas engine, fuel injected, 270 hp, FWC.
- 2016 Engine rebuilt by Troy Benner of New Harbor, ME (well respected mechanic in New Harbor).
- 2008 4 bladed bronze prop.
- Starboard helm steering station.
- 2018 Teleflex cable steering.
- 2018 new stuffing box.
- Shaft log rebuilt.
- Bronze spoked steering wheel.
- Morse controls.
- Fuel gauge.
- S/S cage to protect prop.
- 2013 2-12V batteries.
- Approximately 2007 vessel rewired when house was rebuilt.
- 2007 new circuit breaker panel.
- Cole Hersey battery switch
- 2008 Raymarine E8 color Fishfinder/GPS & Radar (radar scanner needs installing).
- ICOM 412 VHF radio with distress bottom.
- Ritchie 4” compass.
- Life ring.
- 2 fire extinguishers.
2-12V bilge pumps
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.