1967 Cammenga North Sea Trawler
- View Full Specifications
Price drop, ready to go!
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- New Bedford, MA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 449,000
Owners are involved with a major remodel of their waterfront home, intending to "move ashore".... MIGRANT is very much for sale, an incredible value for those that look for the safety and the heft of a steel yacht, and the feel and conveniences of a home afloat.
MIGRANT is a liveaboard trawler, truly built like a small ship: she was built in Corten steel by the Cammenga yard in Holland in 1967. Rebuilt, upgraded and modernized by her current owners in 2005, she has cruised extensively, including the Med, safely and in comfort. With one large owners cabin, a small guest cabin/office, nicely appointed home-style galley and head, MIGRANT is indeed a go-anywhere comfortable home afloat. Her Gardiner 6-cylinder diesel is an engine legendary throughout the world, offering a comfortable 8-9 knot cruise. At 8.5 knots cruise, with a consumption of 3.5 gph, she has a range of over 2000 miles.
Please see details for lists and photos of extensive renovations and upgrades! Additional photos are available online for interested buyers, please contact the listing broker.
MIGRANT is commissioned and launched for 2018. Her owners will be off for a short summer cruise, and MIGRANT is ready to go for her new owners. Come cruise New England, then take her wherever your heart desires!
Please contact Bob Peckham, CPYB at 772-559-4725
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: DeVries Lentsch
Hull Shape: Displacement
LOA: 61 ft 2 in
Beam: 15 ft 7 in
LWL: 53 ft 0 in
Length on Deck: 61 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 3 in
Displacement: 110000 lbs Full Load
Total Power: 180 HP
Engine Brand: Gardiner
Year Built: 1967
Engine Model: 6L3B
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 180 HP
Cruising Speed: 8 knots @ 850 RPM
Maximum Speed: 9 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: Stainless steel (400 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (900 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (375 Gallons)
RE-FIT in 2005 by OWNERS
MIGRANT was bought by her present owners in 2005 as a well-built "but needing repairs" Cammenga 61 steel trawler with the intent of doing extensive cruising as a couple. She was taken from the Chesapeake to Padanaram MA and then on to Lunenburg Nova Scotia. She underwent a total interior refit while at the Lunenburg Foundry. Her owners managed the project, living in Lunenburg for the duration of the project.
As described by her owners:
The entire interior was removed, down to bare steel, with the exception of the engine room. Inside, the forward end of the underfloor fuel tanks showed corrosion, and both were shortened. Most of the steel freshwater tank was removed and replaced with a new stainless steel tank (about 400 gallons). The forward part of the old freshwater tank was made into a gray water tank, and the old gray water tank was converted to a blackwater tank.
In the engine room the insulation was removed and replaced. The generator was relocated from the lazarette to the port aft are in the engine room. Nothing was done to the Gardiner main engine, which runs flawlessly. All small componenets, filters, pumps etc were removed and overhauled or replaced as necessary.
On the outside, the old teak decks were removed, exposing a fair amount of wasted steel decking. Virtually all the main decks were replaced including anchor windlass platform, and repairs to steel work made as needed. Any steel that was more than 10% wasted was replaced, including a very small portion of the hull. Pilot house to deck interface and stack-to-house interface were placed. The hull rubrail was found to be deteriorated rubber and was replaced with half-round stainless steel. Rail cap was removed and replaced with new steel flange, and a new teak caprail was installed when she returned to her home at the Fairhaven Shipyard.
The teak main deck was fabricated and installed by TDS in 2006. No mechanical fastening and no bungs.
The interior was designed to be a comfortable home for two, with a guest cabin. The galley had to have "the comforts of home", as did the bathroom/head with large shower, home-size washer/dryer etc.
After sandblasting, all steel was painted and all exterior surfaces insulated. Extra insulation, SoundDown insulation and cork was used on the bulkhead between the engine room and living spaces. Cork was installed between the two layers of subflooring. All interior members were epoxy-coated (3 coats) after fitting and before installation.
All electrical and plumbing is new. Glass in all the windows was replaced. The skylights and stainless steel opening ports are new.
Interior woods are native North American Cherry, with Ash overhead beams. Wall coverings are vinyl.
Extensive documentation and photographs of the refit work are available. Interested buyers may contact listing broker for additional online photos in higher resolution.
Since her refit, MIGRANT has travelled extensively, including 7 summers cruising the Med (shipped across the Atlantic as deck cargo). She is comfortable, capable and ready to go much farther....
MIGRANT holds a USCG Certificate of Documentation.
Coming aboard there is a gate to the main deck on the starboard side. Double cherry doors open from the covered aft deck into the salon. Down and to starboard are steps to the galley, which is along the starboard side. The owners' cabin is large and spacious, all the way forward. Going aft to port is the bathroom (the word Head doesn't do justice!) with a full house-size shower, vanity and marine toilet. House size washer and dryer are in the head. Athwartship is an office/guest cabin with over and under berths.
From the salon there are steps up to the pilothouse, which has Dutch doors P&S to access the side and main decks.
Fully airconditioned, with reverse-cycle heat.
- Built in settee couch to port with storage lockers
- Two chairs to starboard with end table
- Abundant storage
- Cork tile flooring
- Twin double cherry doors leading to aft deck sitting area
Located to starboard just below the main salon, it has beautiful custom cherry cabinetry and custom Corian countertops.
- GE profile side-by-side refrigerator and freezer
- Stainless steel sink, undermounted to countertops
- GE garbage compactor, undercounter
- Fischer Paykel stainless steel dishwasher, undercounter
- Gaggenau glass electric cooktop
- Sharp stainless steel convection microwave oven built in
- Kitchen Aid stainless steel toaster oven
- Tremendous storage in lockers, drawers and pantry area
- Stainless steel ports
- Located forward, full width of the vessel, easy walkaround and abundant storage
- Queen size bed with headboard aft, full walkaround
- Bed is hinged on gas springs to be lifted for storage underneath
- Custom cherry cabinetry with drawers, lockers and full size closets
- Stainless steel ports
- Two overhead opening hatches
- Cork flooring
- Generous sized for true live-aboard comfort
- Large vanity with sink, storage under and shelving above
- Home-sized shower (32"x54") with Corian surrounds
- Full size stacking washer and 220v vented dryer, Bosch
- Stainless steel ports
- Cork flooring
GUEST ACCOMODATION or OFFICE
- Over-under berths athwartship
- Built-in desk
- Accessible from galley area, with door to master bath
- Stainless steel ports
- Cork flooring
MIGRANT has full walkarounds from forward to aft. Decks are under cover from the fantail to amidships. Access to pilothouse doors P&S and to the portuguese bridge is up steps from the side decks. Access to boat deck is via stainless ladder behind port pilothouse door.
- Teak decks installed 2006 by Teak Decking Systems: teak with no bungs, thiokol seams
- Stainless steel cleats, stainless-lined oversize hawses for docklines
- Stainless rail cap, portuguese bridge
- Stainless frame trim all around
- Varnished teak caprail all around, blind fastened to new steel railcap, by Kelly's (Fairhaven Shipyard) 2007
- Electric anchor windlass with dual chain gypsies and top capstan. Chain gypsies individually clutched and braked. Motor rebuilt 2007. Gear box inspected 2005.
- Two Poolanker anchors, 250# and 175#, each with 250' of 1/2" galvanized chain, in hawspipes P&S, self stowing.
- 1947 Dyer D varnished lapstrake dinghy, used as on-deck storage
BOAT DECK, aft of stack
- Accessible via ladder just aft of port pilothouse door
- Space for two dinghies and miscellaneous storage
- Nautical Structures MC1500 davit, 110vAC, 1500# capacity. New 1994, controller replaced 2014
- Zodiac 10.5 RIB, 2012, with Honda 15hp 4stroke, new 2010
- Engine gauges, full analog displays
- Engine start, electric, with pull-cable engine stop
- Single lever throttle/gear by Gardiner
- Bow thruster control (hydraulic by American Bow Thruster)
- Wraparound windows forward, all glass replaced 2004
- Two opening windows facing forward
- Circular rain-free vision port, centerline
- Pilothouse Dutch-doors P&S, varnished teak
- Centerline helmseat, nav station/desk aft to port
- Electrical panel located centerline, pilothouse aft
All electronics are on NMEA 2000 network (except autopilot, NMEA 0183)
- Garmin 5208 multifunction display, GPS, new 2007, interfaced to autopilot
- Garmin digital radar, new 2015
- Maretron DSM displays (2), new 2005
- Maretron SSC 200 compass, new 2011
- Maretron WSO 100 weather station, new 2015
- Maretron USB Gateway 100, new 2005
- Maretron GPS 100, new 2005
- Maretron DST 100 depth, speed, temp, new 2005
- Maretron TLS 100 fuel and water tank level, new 2005
- ICOM IC-M120 VHF, new 1994
- Robertson autopilot, upgraded to AP9 MK3 in 2007
ENGINE ROOM and MECHANICAL SYSTEMS
- Gardiner 6L3B six cylinder diesel, 180 hp. Approx 13,000 hours. Top end overhaul at 10,000 hrs.
- Jabsco 110vAC raw water pump for engine cooling, switched by ignition
- Standby raw water pickup through emergency bilge pump
- Wet exhaust, 2005. Originally dry exhaust through stack.
- Gardiner 3:1 reduction gear
- 4" stainless steel shaft with self-greasing stuffing box
- Bronze propellor, 4 blade 32x30, balanced 2006
- Racor 75/500 FGX dual fuel/water separator filters, 2006
- Fuel tanks: (2) main tanks under floors, 500 gallons. (2) day tanks in engine room, 400 gallons.
- ESI fuel polishing and transer system, can polish any tank individually or as fuel is transferred among tanks. All fuel piping painted red for identification.
- Engine driven hydraulic pump for American Bow Thruster
220Vac, 120Vac, 24Vdc and 12Vdc systems
- Generator: Northern Lights 12kw in soft soundshield, new 2008. Approx 3200 hrs. Dedicated 12v genset battery. Racor 500MA fuel/water diesel fuel filter.
- Leece Neville 150 amp 24vDC alternator, main engine
- (6) Decca AGM 12v 108ah batteries wired as single 324ahx24v battery bank. Can be separated separate house/start bank if desired.
- Magnum MSH4024M 24vDC 4kw inverter/charger, new 2015 with Magnum ME-RC remote control
- Hart Link 2000 battery monitor system in pilothouse, new 1994
- Victron Energy24/12-40 converter, new 2015
- Victron Energy Phoenix 24v 25amp charger for European 220v single wire input
- Panneltronics custom electrical panel in pilothouse with full circuit breaker system for 240/120vAC and 24/12vDC, voltmeters, selectors.
- All domestic water piping replaced in 2005, including water distribution, drainage and waste
- Water tank, 400 gallon stainless steel, new 2005
- Grey water tank, 375 gallon steel, repaired and tested 2005
- Black water tank, 350 gallon steel, new 2005
- Stainless steel hot water tank, 2005
- HRO 10-600 watermaker, 220vAC, 23gph. Overhauled 2005. Not currently operating.
- CruiseAir 220vAC units, (1) 30,000 btuh and (1) 24,000 btuh, overhauled 2005. CruiseAir digital controls new 2005.
Personal items aboard are excluded from sale if not specifically listed herein.
- Artwork on walls
- Antique chest in main salon
- Brass gimballed barometer at forward centerline of main salon
- Whitehall rowing and sailing dinghy on boat deck
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.