1967 Bristol 39 Sloop
cheap and easy
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Marblehead, MA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 79,000
Aeolus is a pristine example of a classic Ted Hood design that has just completed an exhaustive two year refit. During this period, the entire hull was stripped of all paint and systems and then carefully rebuilt to create an elegant cruising/weekending boat. This included new Awlgrip, bottom job, decks, cockpit on cabin house, during which all hardware and ports were removed and rebedded. The rig was upgraded to a taller rig with all new standing and running rigging, new boom, furler and sails. On the interior, the electrical systems was complete replaced with a new central electrical panel, and all plumbing was replaced as well. The engine compartment was rebuilt, and new engine systems installed. All the interior woodwork was stripped and refinished, and all new soft goods as well.
After all this work, this Bristol offers a stunning combination of classic looks, good sailing and easy accommodation. She was meticulously upgraded by her owner who intended on using the boat for many years but enjoyed it so much is upgrading to a larger boat.
For More information on the boat, and to set up an appointment to see it, call Joe Parker in the brokerage office. Or Cell phone is the best option for contact.
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Joe Parker at (781) 639-1546
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Bristol Yachts
Designer: Ted Hood
LOA: 39 ft 0 in
Beam: 10 ft 9 in
Minimum Draft: 5 ft 5 in
Displacement: 17580 lbs Dry Load
Ballast: 6500 lbs
Total Power: 35 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2005
Engine Model: 3HM35 FWC
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 35 HP
Cruising Speed: 4 knots
Maximum Speed: 6 knots
Number of single berths: 4
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
Wind speed and direction
Manual bilge pump
Electric bilge pump
- New cabin sole in forward cabin
- Refinished cabin sole throughout (stripped, new varnish)
- New Soundown in engine compartment
- Dining table installed
- New lifeline fittings
- All exterior varnish done
- Repainted cockpit
- Repainted and new enclosures in lazarette
- New Formica in galley/aft end of cabin
- Covered the holes in the inside face of back end of cabin house
- Removed water tank, cleaned, inspected and reinstalled.
- New main, 155% race genoa (grey) A1.5 spinnaker (red)
INTERIOR ACCOMMODATIONS Aeolus has a clean Herreshoff style interior, with fresh varnished mahogany trim. Her white overhead, varnished teak and holly sole, large aft ports and 6 opening ports provide lots of light and natural ventilation for a very pleasant living space. Aeolus’ interior sleeps 6; two in forward V-Berth, 2 in outboard pilot berths and 2 in pull out settees in the main salon.
Interior Features include:
- New Sunbrella interior cushions (Spa Green, light green-blue color)
- Large hanging locker to port.
- Abundant storage with numerous large drawers and cabinets.
- Galley with oversize sink and fresh & salt water faucets
- Large Stainless Icebox
- Large head with holding tank
- White Formica countertop with Stainless Sink hand-held shower (2016)
- Raritan PHEII head (rebuilt 2016) with Y-valve for holding tank or overboard
- 24 Gallon Holding Tank and Macerator (2016)
- All hoses replaced in 2016
- Medicine cabinet
- Storage drawers
- V-berth forward - forms a double berth with insert and cushion.
- Seat between V-berths
- Bookshelves are over outboard V-berths.
- Hanging locker on Starboard side
- Storage drawers and cabinets below V-Berth
- Opening overhead hatch.
- Forward door access to the forepeak chain locker.
Hull and Deck
HULL AND DECK Hull and Deck have been complexly stripped and repainted/re-varnished in the last year. All deck hardware and thru-hulls were removed and rebedded.
- Columbia Grey Topsides
- White house and deck with molded-in tan nonskid
- Gold Awlgrip cove stripe
- Single Flag Blue boot stripe
- Green bottom
- Bottom stripped and barrier coat applied 2016
- Stainless steel and stern pulpits.
- Stainless steel stanchions with double lifelines and starboard gate.
- Varnished teak toe rails, eyebrows, handrails
- Integral stainless steel bow line chocks.
- Dual stainless steel Dorade vents
- Varnished teak cockpit coamings have built-in winch pockets and allow comfortable seatback cruising (varnish new 2016).
- Two opening, locking cockpit seats offer sail/locker storage.
- Varnished teak companionway hatch.
- Engine gauges and switches - in cockpit steering well.
- Shore power inlet
- Two Lewmar Ocean 46 Self-Tailing Primary Winches (2016)
- Two Lewmar Ocean 30 Self-Tailing Secondary Winches (2016)
- Edson pedestal wheel-steering – Idlers replaced 2016, new steering cable and rudding stuffing box
- Stainless steel “destroyer type” steering wheel
- Mounted engine controls
- Cockpit cushions (2016)
ELECTRONICS & NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT
- Raymarine A95 9” touchscreen multi-function chartplotter (2016)
- Raymarine I70 Multi-function instrument package (Wind, Speed, Depth) (2016)
- Uniden UM380BK VHF radio (2016)
- Compass - Binnacle mounted
- Kenwood KMR-D358 Radio/CD/USB player (2016)
- Poly-Planar speakers - Main salon, port and starboard
- USB Chargers on panel
SAILS & RIGGING
- Mast replaced in 2016 with Isomat NG60 Mast.
- Z-Spars Z480 boom with internal reef and outhaul lines.
- Stainless steel 1 x 19 standing rigging and turnbuckles (2016)
- 2 x Lewmar 30 Self-Tailing winches on mast
- Main & Genoa halyards (2016)
- Selden Furlex 200S Roller Furling System (2016)
- (2) Varnished bamboo rigging rollers
- LazyJacks with overhead blocks (2016)
- Main – Doyle Cross Cut Square Weave Main, 2 Reefs 5 Full Battens (2016)
- Main – Doyle Radial Main, 1 Reef, 3 Full Battens, 2 Short Battens (carbon) (2016)
- Genoa – 135% Radial Furling Genoa (Doyle) (2016)
- Sailcover, Natural Sunbrella (2016)
Ground tackle Equipment:
- Danforth Anchor, chain and rode.
- Boat hook
- Fenders with Navy Fleece Fender Covers (2016)
- Fender boards
- Dock lines
- Horseshoe life ring
- Life jackets
- Fire extinguishers
- Misc. spare parts
- Emergency tiller
- Varnished ensign staff with ensign
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.