1966 Buchanan Brabant 30
- View Full Specifications
Priced for quick sale
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Dumbarton, West Dunbartonshire, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 9,950 (US$ 12,495)
"Brave Heart" is an Alan Buchanan designed Brabant 30ft built in 1966. She is built in Corten Steel to a fine hull form with counter stern and traditional keel. Below deck she is pretty much all original and in very nice condition for her age. 5 berths in total and separate heads. Powered by a Kubota 17hp marine diesel engine. A lovely Classic yacht with a steel hull.
We look forward to organising your viewing and answering any questions you may have.
Rhu Boat Sales, Michael Schmidt & Partner, Tel: +0044(0)1436 821606 - firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT NOTICE PLEASE READ
Boats are available for viewing on PONTOONS, HARD STANDING (ladder access), on MOORINGS and in some cases FURTHER AFIELD. Please contact us before hand to check the location of the vessel you wish to view and any special requirements. If you are travelling a distance this is especially important in order to make sure the boats you wish to view are in their advertised location and available for viewing.
Please contact at +44 (0)1436 821606
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 9.34 m
Beam: 2.75 m
Minimum Draft: 1.41 m
Maximum Draft: 1.41 m
Total Power: 17 HP
Engine Brand: Kubota
Engine Model: 2 Cylinder
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 17 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 1
Fuel Tanks: 1
Number of heads: 1
- LOA 9.34m.
- Draft 1.41m.
- Beam 2.75m.
Hull, Deck and Keel
- The hull is in pale blue painted Corten Steel.
- Deck is sheathed in marine plywood and painted grey.
- Superstructure is in varnished Mahogany.
- Wide side decks lead to the spacious foredeck all secured by a steel pulpit and steel stanchions with double guardwires and a steel pushpit.
- Full traditional keel with transom hung rudder and tiller steering in an aft style cockpit.
- Single bow roller.
- Simpson Lawrence manual anchor windlass.
- Danforth anchor with chain.
- Avon inflatable dinghy.
- 4 fairleads and 4 mooring cleats.
- Samson post.
- various warps & fenders.
- 2 sheet winches.
- 1 halyard winch.
- Winch handles.
Interior and Accommodation
- 5 berths in total, comprising 2 single berths in "V" in the forward cabin, port and stbd single settee berths with trotter boxes and a spacious quarter berth.
- Interior is finished in varnished solid wood and cream vinyl upholstery and there is 12v cabin lighting.
- Gas heater.
Forward cabin has 2 single "V" berths and an opening hatch.
Heads compartment is to port between the forward cabin and the saloon and has a Simpson Lawrence manual toilet and a pull out wash basin with manual cold water system. Hanging locker and drawers are opposite the heads.
The saloon has port & stbd settee berths and a double leaf folding table on a swing arm. Both the berths are quite wide and have trotter boxes. Good storage throughout the saloon in various lockers, drawers and shelves. 6ft headroom in the saloon.
Navigation station is to stbd/fwd in the saloon and the stbd settee berth lends seating.
The "L" shaped galley is to port/aft in the saloon and has a 2 burner gas hob with oven/grill and a stainless steel sink with manual cold fresh water system. Storage in lockers, drawers and purpose built units for plates etc.
Spacious quarter berth is to stbd/aft in the saloon and above it on the bulkhead is the ships electrical system distribution panel.
- Vintage Sailor R108 short and long wave radio receiver.
Mast, Rig and Sails
Spruce spars by Stebbing of Burnham-on-Crouch which are supported by stainless steel standing rigging.
- Main by Nicolson Hughes in good condition - 2006.
- Spare main.
- Genoa No2.
- No1 staysail.
- No2 staysail.
Machinery and Propulsion
Powered by a Hydro Marine Kubota 17hp 2 cylinder inboard marine diesel engine with shaft drive to a 3 blade fixed prop.
- Fresh and cooled via heat exchanger.
- Engine had comprehensive overhaul Sep 19.
- Gearbox refurbished Oct 19.
- Engine last serviced Oct 19.
Systems and Tankage
- Steel water tank under the cabin floor.
- Steel fuel tank under the deck stbd aft.
12v ships electrical system with space for 2 batteries.
- Blue vinyl sprayhood.
- Fawn spray dodgers.
- Manual bilge pumps on aft deck,
- Navigation lights - Masthead, port & stbd and steaming lights.
- 2 lifebelts.
A wonderfully sea kindly little ship. Heavy or light weather she took it in her stride. From all over the Western Isles to the North Sea, Baltic and the Norwegian coast. We sell her with enormous regret.
The crew - they are in their nineties! Let her sail she knows it all!
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as life rafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owner’s specific needs.
Whilst we make best effort to obtain documentation from Vendors it is advisable to check what is available before travelling to view or making an offer.