1964 Bertram 31 Softtop Express
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Twin / diesel
- Located In:
- Higganum, CT
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 79,000
Dalmatian was purchased by current owner in early 2016. Having already had an extensive refit in 1998 including new engines, Awlcraft paint, new vinyl top etc., we have nearly completed an almost three year update/refit. The Yanmar 4LH-STE 230hp diesels are very economical and in excellent condition, having been yard maintained. The boat shows as nearly new, and in true Bertram 31 form, is extremely sea worthy and built to very high standards.
Annie Gray is a longstanding YBAA member, offering 45 years of experience in assisting clients in the purchase or sale of high quality yachts of distinction.
Please call Annie at 207-363-7997 or on her cell at 603-498-3450.
Please contact Annie Gray at 207-363-7997
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Bertram Yachts, Miami, FL
Designer: Richard Bertram
LOA: 30 ft 7 in
Beam: 11 ft 2 in
Maximum Draft: 3 ft 1 in
Headroom: 6 ft 2 in
Total Power: 460 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 1998
Engine Model: 4LH-STE
Engine Power: 230 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 1998
Engine Model: 4LH-STE
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 230 HP
Number of heads: 1
Recent Updates and Improvements since 2016:
- New teak and holly cabin sole 2017.
- New cabin front and corner windows, all cabin windows dark tinted.
- New forward Rule 2,000 gphHD bilge pump with switch 2018.
- New bronze sea cock for incoming raw water to head, new hoses etc. 2018.
- Cockpit and engine boxes prepped and painted two-tone Awlcraft with non-skid in walk areas 2018.
- AFI windshield wiper complete assemblies replaced 2018.
- Original anchor rope/chain locker converted to dual lockers with new oversize bronze/chrome haws-pipes 2017.
- Navigation lights, cabin lights all replaced with LED light bulbs/lighting 2017.
- All cabin screens replaced with new very small mesh (black) 2017.
- New two-tone cushions at helm/on deck, in dinette, and multi-layer in vee berth – all new vinyl and new foam 2017.
- New front window vinyl cover 2016.
- All soft-top vinyl pieces, windows, zippers etc. re-stitched and inspected 2017.
- Bus heater installed to provide warmth underway off engine coolant 2016.
- Jabsco/ITT Twist Lock manual head new 2016, pump assembly replaced 2018.
- Jabsco macerator pump replaced 2017.
- New bilge high water alarm aft 2016.
- New Aqualarm pump counter and alarm 2016.
- Installed walk-through transom door using existing transom and interior, hinged inwards on removable stainless custom hinges 2016.
- Installed Sitka Spruce gin pole mounted aft of helm seat with stainless radar mount platform, spruce shelf for FLIR, and stainless bracket for new LED anchor light.
- Blasted bottom, sand to prep, 2 coats Interlux barrier coat, 1 coat Interlux Micron Red bottom paint, 3 coats Interlux Mictron dark blue bottom paint 2016.
- Added red cove stripe to cabin sides, and same red boot stripe 2016.
- Webasto 12,000 btu reverse cycle heat/ac unit installed with bronze sea-cock and through hull fittings, 110 volt vented to both cabin and vee-berths areas 2016.
Hull and Deck:
- Solar deck mounted fan to exchange cabin air – rebuilt 2017.
- Teak swim platform with brass molding.
- Below swim platform mounted 4 step stainless boarding ladder 2016.
- Fuel: 178 gallon centerline fiberglass tank – fuel gauge replaced 2018. Tank inspected during gauge replacement – very clean.
- Water: 18 gallon centerline fiberglass tank.
- Waste: 15 gallon poly tank with Dometic ECO holding tank vent filter, cartridge replaced annually.
Engines and Mechanical:
- 19x19x3 Bronze wheels balanced 2018.
- Engine boxes removed, and both engines inspected by Yanmar dealer. End caps removed from heat exchangers and found to be very clean. Thermostats replaced, any hoses showing any signs of wear replaced, all hose clamps replaced 2018.
- Engine alignment checked – both port and starboard within tolerances 2018.
- Oil changed each fall with oil sampling (2016 and 2017).
- Raw water impellors changed each spring.
- Yanmar spare parts kit including spare oil and fuel filters, spare impellor with puller, belt, misc. other engine parts/O-rings.
- Spurs on both shafts – serviced each spring with new zincs.
- Oversize rudders allowing boat to safely steer under the power of only one engine.
- Racor primary fuel filters.
- Algae-x fuel conditioning system – one per engine.
- Seastar hydraulic steering.
- 12v pressure water system (cold only – some plumbing/wiring in place for potential hot water heater).
- 25’ - 30 amp 110V cord.
- 4-6V golf cart batteries wired in 2 sets of serial pairs for 12v house supply (2015).
- 1-12V deep cycle starting battery (2016).
- Battery switch to select either starting, house or both.
- Battery switch to select charging or inverter.
- LINK battery management (mounted above panel in head).
- Freedom 10 inverter (1000 watt/50amp charger).
- Entire boat rewired 1998.
- New 110V and 12V Blue Seas panels ready for install as upgrade to 1998 custom electrical panel.
- Raymarine es128 12” touch screen/hybrid control multi-function display w/downvision sonar and CMAP charts including North America bundle plus Bahamas 2016. Mounted in new Navpod 2016.
- 2016 Raymarine Quantum Broadband radar.
- 2016 FLIR T203 thermal night vision camera.
- 2017 Raymarine AIS Class B transmitter/receiver.
- 2017 Raymarine Sea-talk network.
- 2016 Standard Matrix 25w VHF w/DSC mounted in cabin.
- 2016 Standard remote access mic/speaker/control mounted at helm.
- Cetrek autopilot.
- Pioneer AM/FM/CD player.
- Large aft deck area.
- Two over-size helms seats new wood/cushions/vinyl 2-tone fabric 2017.
- Stepping down into cabin drop-down dinette to port – table is custom chart storage table.
- Heat/ac unit mounted under forward dinette seat cushion.
- 110 inverter mounted behind storage drawer under aft dinette seat cushion.
- Closed head to starboard including large mirror, sink, LED lighting, macerator switch, sliding covers over storage shelves.
- Galley just forward of head, contains 12v refrigerator/freezer, sink, Origo alcohol stove (2016), storage racks, drawers.
- Two hanging lockers on either side of companion-way leading to vee berths.
- All the way forward are two 6’+ vee berths with new 3 layer foam, new two-tone vinyl covering, and same color vinyl spread to protect cushions.
- Large storage compartments under both vee berths.
- Access to anchor line storage forward of vee berths.
- 3 – 5lb dry chemical fire extinguishers new 2016, last inspected March, 2018.
- 5 – 8”x20” fenders with fleece covers.
- Spade A100 (aluminum high-tech) anchor rated to hold 26,450lbs 2017.
- Kingston galvanized plow anchor 35lb.
- Danforth anchor mounted on front deck.
- Fortress anchor mounted on front deck.
- Primary anchor line – 50’ 5/16” BBB chain with 150’ ¾” Nylon 2017.
- Secondary anchor line – 35’ 5/16” BBB chain with 150 ¾” Nylon.
- White anchor buoy with 30’ line.
- Life jackets (wearable and throwable) 2016.
- Dock lines.
- Flare/visual distress kit 2016.
- Smoke/carbon monoxide detector mounted in vee berths.
- Bilge pump counter/alarm connected to front 2,000gph pump 2017.
- Bronze deck plate key.
- 2 – Springfield stainless steel/white vinyl folding deck chairs.
COMMENTS: DALMATIAN purchased by current owner in early 2016. Having already had an extensive refit in 1998 including new engines, Awlcraft paint, new vinyl top etc., we have nearly completed an almost three year update/refit. The Yanmar 4lh-ste 230hp diesels are very economical and in excellent condition, having been yard maintained. The boat shows as nearly new, and in true Bertram 31 form, is extremely sea worthy and built to very high standards.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.
Other Boats from Gray & Gray Yacht Brokers, Inc.
28 Flybridge CRUISER
Yarmouth, ME, United States