1964 Grampian Triangle Center Cockpit
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Guaymas, Mexico
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 29,900
Selling the dream! 1964 Triangle 32' center cockpit ketch cutter rig with dual swing keel draft boards. After a 3 year restoration and 3 years cruising the sea of Cortez owners have outgrown this rare vessel, having bought a bigger vessel.
Over 10,000 nm of open Ocean cruising and the chance to shakedown about everything that would or could go wrong/break. Restoration has been documented by owners.
The vessel is located in Guaymas MX, in the sea of Cortez and blue cruise/turnkey ready. $115 usd month storage.
Tom Murray and Cindy Espinoza are the team who lead and make you comfortable with the process of buying or selling in Mexico. They are respected and loved members of the cruising community in La Paz. Their honesty and integrity are much appreciated by buyers and sellers.
La Paz Yachts
Division of Mazatlan Marine Center
Tom Murray & John Wagner-Stafford
Marina de la Paz
La Paz, BCS, Mexico 23000
011 52 (612) 123-1948
EMAIL US email@example.com
Financial and titling transactions are conducted in the US or Canada by licensed agents. An offshore purchase means great savings and the process is more hassle-free than you may think!
Call for details.
Please contact Tom Murray at 011 52 (612) 123-1948
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Grampian Marine
LOA: 39 ft 0 in
Beam: 10 ft 0 in
Length on Deck: 32 ft 0 in
Displacement: 16000 lbs
Total Power: 30 HP
Engine Brand: Lister/Petter
Engine Model: LPW 3 Alpha series
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 2500
Engine Power: 30 HP
Number of heads: 1
We scratched the paint down to the teak and mahogany and finished with captain's varnish.
Added shelves to the hanging locker.
Forward is chainlocker, then an over and under v-berth with additional shelf/ child berth
Head to portside with raritan head, 14gal holding tank, macerator with y-valve and topside pump out.
Hanging closet to startbrd.
Tinytot cast iron solid fuel stove with woodbox.
To strbd galley with propane 2 burner, USCG/approved solenoid and 20lb aluminum tank topside. Single sink. 7 cu ft
icebox converted to fridge with a Waco compressor unit.
Dinette to port with a unique table/cocktail table with extension that turns into a double birth and stows in the hanging closet. Large wall pantry with four compartments and a shelf behind dinette.
There is an aft cabin that was originally 2 singles that we filled in and converted to full birth with storage under.
There is a crawl way beside the engine on port side that connects the dinette to the aft cabin, that is easily removed, with one wingnut, for engine maintenance.
Rewired 3 years ago
Didn't have shore power when we purchased.
Added shore power
Completely rewired 12 v house side with new homeruns, substation bladed fuse panels to breakers.
Extra circuits for expansion.
- Diesel engine rebuilt in 2007 with approx 2500 hrs. Runs very well.
- Racor water/fuel separator.
- Complete new fuel system from cleaning the cells to all new lines and isolator valve.
- New zenith 12 transmission 3 years ago.
- Many redundant parts.
- Extra alternator, extra starter, liftpump, misc filters and parts will stay with her.
- 10ft. Achilles inflatable plywood hard bottom.
- Dinghy Davits, outboard engine mount on stern
- 225wt solar with 25amp MPPT charge controller.
- 1 engine battery
- 1 house batteries (Needs new batteries)
- 15 amp battery charger
- 75/25/10 Xantax charger inverter with remote.
- 2000 watt inverter
- VHF radio
- Garmin GPS 760s w/chart plotter and sea of Cortez maps
Deck and Hull
- Fibreglass hull
- 1" SS tube top lifeline
- Harkens 2 roller furling headsail.
- Hank on Inner staysail with running backstays
- Aluminum masts
- Winches on mainmast
- New winches in cockpit
- All lines led aft to cockpit
- Double line reefing from cockpit and boom.
- Boom kicker/boomvane
- Custom teak hard dodger with safari window
- Teak bump helm seat with step up lazarettes in cockpit for storage.
- Helm wheel cable steering
- New interlux bottom paint Nov. 2018 3 coats.
- Great inventory of sails: 3 year old 8oz Marblehead dacron full batten sails.
- Main, mizzen, and 110 jib,
- Decksweeper inner staysail,
- Extra laminate Yankee head sail #6 luff tape
- 1 Asymentric spinnaker with dousing sleeve.
- 1 symmetric spinnaker,
- Spinnaker pole, stows in deck chocks
- Plus all of the original sails are available to ship from Washington state.
- Bow rollers and 4 point anchor bridle
- 1 Plow anchor 40lb
- 1 CQR anchor 35lb
- 1 danforth anchor 25lb
- 170 ft 3/8 chain
- 120ft 5/16 chain
- 2 speed manual windlass
- Extra rode
- Boarding ladder, MOB throwable sling,
- Dock lines, fenders, life jackets.
- Dodger, Bimini with side panels (needs some new stitching on one zipper) sunbrella material good condition, only 3 years old.
- Stackpacks with lazyjacks for sail management.
- Full windshield and storage box cover
- Aft cabin companionway cover.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Photos and stories can be viewed at