1955 Monk Classic
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / Gas/Petrol
- Located In:
- Oak Harbor, WA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 19,950
BOAT SHOW SPECIAL PRICE
Owners Want Her Sold!
All Reasonable Offers Considered!
Here is a unique Monk designed, 34' bridge deck cruiser. She has had many upgrades, and is boat house kept. She has lovely visibility and livability, due to her deck salon design and large windows. She is an economical way to enjoy the classic elegance and style of earlier days of yachting. She would make a lovely live-aboard.
Over $29,000 spent on maintenance and upgrades since 2014.
Engine Overhaul 2018 - $7000
Please call or email in advance for all viewing appointments.
Please contact Curtis Adams at (360) 679-6779
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 35 ft 0 in
Beam: 10 ft 6 in
Total Power: 200 HP
Engine Brand: Chris-Craft/ Hercules
Year Built: 1955
Engine Model: WBR02 - Flat head 6
Engine/Fuel Type: Gas/Petrol
Engine Power: 200 HP
Number of heads: 1
- Builder: Vern Benson
- Designer: Ed Monk, Sr.
Beam: 10'6 "
Maximum Draft: 3'6"
- Engine : Chris Craft/Hercules
- Total Power: 200 HP
- Engine Model: Chris-Craft/ Hercules WBR02 - Flat head 6 Cylinder
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Drive Type: Shaft Drive
- Propeller: 3-Blade Propeller
- Cruising Speed: 9.21mph @ 2000 RPM
- Max Speed: 12.66 mph
- Year Built: 1955
Fresh Water Tanks: 60 Gallons - 1 Stainless Tank
Fuel Tanks: 120 Gallons - 2 Stainless Tanks
Holding Tanks: 20 Gallons - 1 Plastic Tank
In her forepeak is the chain locker, followed by a private stateroom. The berth in the forward stateroom has a filler cushion to make a full width berth, or removed to create single berths on either side. Up from the stateroom , on the bridge deck is the salon and helm. The salon features a large "L" shaped settee with the helm station opposite and doors to allow deck access on both sides. The galley and dinette are next going aft. Next aft is an enclosed head with electric head, shower wand, and sump. There is a companionway aft providing access to the cockpit. A Webasto Diesel Furnace provides year round comfort while under way.
- Norcold Refrigerator (110V, 12-V)
- Pressure Domestic Water
- Stainless Double Galley Sink
- Uniden VHF radio
- Garmin GPS
- Hummingbird Depth Sounder/Fish Finder
- Fuel Floscan
- 4 6-volt "Golf Cart" House Batteries
- 1-12-volt Engine Start Battery
- Magnum 2000watt Inverter/100amp Charger
- 30amp Shore Power Inlet
- 30 amp Shore Power Cord
- AC Service Panel
- Danforth 27# Primary Bow Anchor w/15' Chain & 250' Line
- Danforth 18# Lunch Hook w/8' Chain & 200' Rode
- Dock lines
- Two CO Detectors
- 5lb Halon Fire Extinguisher
- 5lb CO2 Fire Extinguisher
- Life jackets
- Life ring
- 2 New Stainless 60 Gallon Fuel Tanks '02
- New Fuel Lines '02
- New Fuel Pump '02
- New Stainless 60 Gallon Water Tank '02
- New Domestic Water Lines '02
- New Domestic Water Pump '02
- New Fuel Floscan '02
- New Temperature Sending Unit '02
- New Electronic Distributor '02
- New Raw Water Strainer '02
- Refurbished Compass '04
- New Marine Head '05
- New Marine Sanitation Hose '05
- New Nav Mast '05
- Reframed & Replaced Aft Deck '05
- New Garmin GPS '05
- New Hummingbird Depth Sounder/Fish Finder '05
- New House Batteries '06
- New Dedicated Engine Start Battery '06
- New Voltage Sensitive Relay '06
- New Magnum 2000 watt Inverter/100amp Charger '06
- New Bottom Paint '07
- New Propeller Shaft '08
- New Shaft Coupling '08
- New Cutlass Bearings '08
- Starter Rebuilt '08
- Hull Repainted '08
- Deck Repainted '08
- Interior Repainted '08
- New Counter Laminates '08
- New Carpet '08
- New V-Berth Cushions Covers '08
- Refurbished Non-Skid
- Refurbished Varnish
- Rebuilt Webasto Diesel Furnace
- Upgraded Larger Holding Tank Installed '12
- New Norcold AC/DC Refrigerator installed '12
- 2 Additional 6-volt House Batteries Added '12
- Carburetors completely overhauled and refurbished
- House batteries replaced (4-6 volt)
- Starter battery replaced (1-12 volt)
- Battery cables replaced
- AC Circuitry upgraded
- Compass light replaced and rewired
- Alternator replaced with new unit
- Distributor complete unit replaced
- Water pump restored/new impellor
- Bilge pumps replaced
- All fuses replaced
- Garmin Navigation system installed
- Extensive work on hull and wiring upgrades -
- 3-burner Princess propane stove
- Cockpit upgraded/boarding ladder/dock steps
- Magma Stainless Steel Bar-B-Que
- New twin horn unit
- $22,122.89 On these item alone
- Removed head, exhaust and intake manifolds.
- Resurfaced contact areas and provided new gaskets.
- Replaced a stuck exhaust valve and reset all tolerances.
- Replaced head with new studs and nuts.
- Replaced entire fresh water cooling system with new hoses, stainless clamps and marine valves.
- Overhauled and serviced water cooling pump and installed a new impeller.
- Overhauled sea water cooling system with new hose, clamps and valve to control flow volume.
- Installed pressure gauge and filter unit on fuel pump.
- Installed new spark plugs.
- Serviced carburetors.
- Replaced generator with new unit.
- Total cost for engine overhaul, new components, and set-up - $7000.00
- Carvel Planked On Steam Bent White Oak Frames
- Bottom Planked w/1" Alaskan Yellow Cedar
- Topside Planks - 1" Wedge Seamed Mahogany
- Decks Are Fiberglass Over Marine Plywood Attached To Sawn Frames
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
cheap and easy