1954 Monk Sr.
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Bainbridge Island, WA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 150,000
Beautifully restored Ed Monk Sr. pleasure yacht built by Shane Boat Company and moored under cover in a private boathouse.
"Mozy" is a true classic in turn-key condition having undergone an extensive refit by the talented craftsmen at the Shipwright's Co-Op in Port Townsend from 2014 to 2016:
- Repowered with a new Cummins diesel engine with only 403 hours;
- New acoustic shielding in engine room;
- New transmission and shaft;
- New air compressor for horn;
- New windows;
- Fuel tanks cleaned and epoxy coated;
- New dual racor fuel filters installed;
- Completely rewired with Isolation Transformer installed;
- New battery charger and inverter installed;
- Anchor windlass motor serviced;
- New anchor with custom fabricated anchor roller;
- New Vacuflush head system;
- Several planks replaced as needed;
- Silicon bronze fasteners pulled and inspected;
- New through hull fittings and seacocks;
- All external hardware removed and re-chromed;
- Vessel painted and varnished inside and out;
- New bottom paint and zincs March 2020
- All but three keel bolts replaced;
- New windshield wiper motors in pilothouse;
With her Webasto hydronic diesel heat, hard tender with sailing rig, and extensive refit, "Mozy" is in tip top condition and ready to take her next owners cruising in comfort and style.
For more information or to arrange a viewing, please contact listing agent: James King at 206-718-6361 (voice or text).
Please contact James King at 206-718-6361
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 42 ft 0 in
Beam: 12 ft 8 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 5 in
Total Power: 210 HP
Engine Brand: Cummins
Year Built: 2014
Engine Model: B210T
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 403
Engine Power: 210 HP
Cruising Speed: 8 knots @ 1800 RPM
Maximum Speed: 16 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: 2 Stainless steel (50 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 2 (150 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 Plastic (10 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 2
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
- Hull Bottom: double diagonal planked Sapele on hardwood frames
- Hull Topsides: Strip planked Mahogany
- Deck: marine plywood with fiberglass sheathing and non-skid coating
- Fasteners: Bronze screws
LAYOUT & ACCOMMODATION:
"Mozy" is a custom built 42' Shane aft cabin wood motor vessel. She has an open foredeck and side decks with handrails that lead aft past a raised main cabin amidships, with a lower aft cabin leading to an aft cockpit. The bow is slightly raked and the transom is plumb with a transom swim step and door. The underbody has a deep forefoot, hard chines and a deep keel.
Farthest forward is the forepeak locker containing the anchor rode. Aft of this is a V-berth cabin with storage, a hatch overhead, head compartment with Vacuflush toilet to port and storage to starboard. Further aft steps lead up to the main salon.
The main salon has the helm station to port, doors to both side decks and hatches in the sole to access the engine room below. A hide-away couch provides a comfortable daytime seating area with overnight sleeping accommodation for guests.
Aft of the main salon, steps lead down to the aft cabin which features a large convertible dinette to starboard and a galley to port with copper countertops. Aft of which is the door to the aft cockpit. The galley features a Force Ten four burner range with oven, a deep copper sink, and a Norcold refrigerator/freezer.
The interior is light, airy and beautifully finished with oiled, varnished and painted hardwoods.
"Mozy" was professionally repowered in 2014 with a single, six cylinder, turbo charged Cummins B201 diesel, coupled with a 1 3/4" stainless alloy propeller shaft and bronze three blade propeller. At that time a new transmission, engine mounts and acoustical shielding for the engine room were also installed. This engine is fresh water cooled via a heat exchanger and features a dry stack exhaust.
Prior to the installation the bilges were completely cleaned and repainted and the mechanical space is immaculate.
ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONICS:
"Mozy" underwent a complete rewiring as part of her 2014-2016 refit which included:
- all new LED lighting,
- new 6 volt wet cell batteries
- new electrical panels
- new Charles G2 isolation transformer
- new Xantrex True Charge 40 battery charger
- Magnum Energy inverter
- GFCI/ELCI Protected duplex outlets
Her navigation electronics which pre-dates the last refit features:
- Uniden VHF radio
- Raymarine C120 multi-function display with GPS plotter, radar & sounder
- Kelvin White & Sons compass
There is not currently an autopilot onboard.
- Copper counter tops
- Electric hot and cold pressure water
- Force 10 four burner range with oven
- Norcold refrigerator
- 12 volt DC electric anchor windlass with recently serviced motor
- Stainless steel Crosby anchor with 75' 5/15" chain and line rode
- Wood mast and boom for flags and anchor light
- Aft swim step with boarding ladder
- Hard tender with sailing rig
ADDITIONAL FEATURES & EQUIPMENT:
- Bronze seacocks
- Two Rule electric bilge pumps
- Manual bilge pump
- Audible high water alarm
- Webasto hydronic diesel cabin heat
- Vacuflush toilet
- LPG Trident solenoid and sniffer system
- 12 volt DC spotlight on cabin top
- New windows installed as par of refit
- All but three keel bolts replaced
- Optional RIB with outboard available by separate negotiation
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Olympic View Yachts
Poulsbo, WA, United States
Port Hadlock, WA, United States
Ex-BC Forest Service Boat
Bainbridge Island, WA, United States