1937 Herreshoff 12 1/2
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Located In:
- Tenants Harbor, ME
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 29,500
Hull in good to excellent condition- no sister ribs, no butt blocks, all fastened with bronze woodscrews , original Herreshoff builder’s plaque in place. White hull, red boot stripe and blue bottom paint.
- Marconi rig
- All running and standing rigging in good condition
- Original Herreshoff varnished ash tiller
- Boom crutch
- Varnished mahogany seats
SPARS AND RIGGING
- Marconi rig
- Sitka spruce mast, boom and jib boom (varnished)
- JM Reinick bronze blocks
- Very high quality Quantum sails in good condition
- Mainsail has one reef and all reefing fittings and lines are in place on boom.
- Spinnaker pole.
- Spinnaker (Old) The mast is rigged for the spinnaker halyard but there are no aft blocks for the spinnaker and no spinnaker sheets.
- Small Danforth anchor with rode
- Four life jackets
- Galvanized Triad trailer with new jack stands.
- Self bailer with automobile battery
COMMENTS: ‘Petunia’ is an original Herreshoff 12½ built in Bristol at the Herreshoff works in 1937. Owned by a very particular yacht designer, she has been lovingly maintained and cared for. All annual maintenance, varnish and paint have been completed and she is ready to launch.
Broker contact: Jean@classicboatshop.com
Please contact Jean Beaulieu at 207-244-3374
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Petunia Hull #1405
LOA: 16 ft 0 in
Beam: 5 ft 10 in
LWL: 12 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 2 ft 6 in
Displacement: 1500 lbs
Ballast: 735 lbs
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.