201' Astilleros Y Talleres expedition Megayacht
Voyager was purchased with the purpose of transforming her into the ultimate expedition vessel for exclusive charter guests. Carrying a helicopter with jet fuel storage and refuelling capability plus a mass array of tenders and toys, this Astilleros y Talleres expedition Megayacht was intended for extended cruising periods from remote tropical waters to extreme Alaskan winters, in comfort and style.
The interior has been completely redesigned in a young and colourful style, without compromising comfort.
With all these major improvements and thanks to her unique style, it’s not surprising that this chic expedition vessel immediately became a very popular yacht with charterers.
2. MAIN CHARACTERISTICS:
Type: Expedition Megayacht
Builder: Astilleros y Talleres Celaya S.A.
LOA: 61.26m / 201’
Beam: 9.45m / 31’
Draft: 4.72m / 15’5”
Naval Arch.: Sparkman & Stephens
Designer: Civitella Designs
Hull Material: Steel
Classification: IRS Commercial, ISM and SOLAS Compliant (12 passengers)
Displacement: 780 tons
Speed: 12 knots cruising/ 16 knots max
Engines: 2 x 1,125hp D399 Caterpillar Diesel
Consumption: 65 US gallons/ 245 lph @ 11 knots
Range: 4,800 nm
- ONE OWNER`S SUITE (upper deck)
452 square feet (42 square meters), full beam, finished in dark mahogany, king size bed, spacious living area with two love seats and two gothic armchairs, office area with sat/cel phone and email/web access, private safe, mini bar, full stereo/DVD system with a 37” (94cm) Sharp Aquos LCD flat screen TV, six large windows. En suite bathroom with large hydro jet massage jacuzzi aft. The owner’s suite is accessible from a private staircase connecting to the library. It is also accessible from outside with starboard and port direct access doors.
- TWO QUEEN SIZE MASTER STATEROOMS (lower deck forward)
189 square feet (18 square meters), finished in bright pearl wood paneling with half tone textured wall covering, queen size bed, desk with sat/cel phone and email/web access, full stereo/DVD system with a 26” (66cm) Sharp Aquos LCD flat screen TV, private safe, mini bar, three large portholes, and an en-suite bathroom with shower. The queen master staterooms are accessible from a private staircase connecting to the library.
- TWO KING SIZE MASTER STATEROOMS (lower deck aft)
202 square feet (19 square meters), finished in natural mahogany, king size bed, desk with sat/cell phone and email/web access, full stereo/DVD system with a 32” (81cm) Sharp Aquos LCD flat screen TV, private safe, mini bar, three large portholes. En suite bathroom with shower.
- ONE KING SIZE STATEROOM / or A DOUBLE TWIN STATEROOM (lower deck aft)
142 square feet (13 square meters), wood panelling finished in khaki and accented with burgundy paisley design wall covering, king bed that can be split into two twin size beds, full stereo/DVD system with a 26 ” (66cm) Sharp Aquos LCD flat screen TV, bookshelves with sat/cell phone and email/web access, private safe, mini bar, three large portholes. En suite bathroom with shower.
All king staterooms are accessible from a staircase connecting the main deck dining area.
- TWO JUNIOR SUITES / or TWO CONNECTING CABINS (Queen and two twin cabins – lower deck aft)
180 square feet (17 square meters), wood panelling finished in refreshing yellow and white wall covering with a subtitle monkey pattern, queen size bed, living area that can be converted into a twin size bed cabin, desk with sat/cell phone and email/web access, full stereo/DVD system with two 26” (66cm) Sharp Aquos LCD flat screen TV, private safe, mini bar, three large portholes. En suite bathroom with shower. The junior suites and twin cabins are accessible from a central hallway, which is connected to the main deck dining area via a staircase.
- ONE TWIN CABIN / NANNY (lower deck aft)
76 square feet (7 square meters), wood panelling finished in khaki and accented with burgundy paisley design wall covering, twin size bed, full stereo/DVD system with a 26” (66cm) Sharp Aquos LCD flat screen TV, sat/cell phone and email/web access, private safe, mini bar, two large portholes. En suite bathroom with shower.
• Guest office (lower deck aft)
With computer, printer and all desk accessories to work in privacy.
Accommodation – general comments
Staterooms are sumptuously decorated with rich and colourful upholstery. All windows and portholes are dressed with Royal blue draperies adorned with gold embroidery piping, doubled with “voile de jour”. Herbeau from France, Pompadour collection bathroom accessories featuring Gargoyle faucets reign on hand made carved pewter counter tops.
Finest Sferra Italian linen, Canadian white duck hypoallergenic duvets and pillows, ultra soft pearl Minky dots velvet bed covers with a multitude of well stuffed assorted cushions, “Super Pile” thick bath drape and towels Collection by Abyss and Sferra Italian bathrobes have been meticulously selected to guarantee the finest luxurious comfort.
4. COMMON AREAS:
• SKY LOUNGE that can be changed in just a few seconds into a very large yet elegant second owner’s suite. 464 square feet (44 square meters) full beam, finished in natural mahogany, king size Murphy bed (totally imperceptible when pulled up and hidden in forward bulkhead), Persian style living area lavishly furnished with love seats, sofas and settees, table/office area with sat/cell phone and email/web access, private safe, mini bar, full stereo/DVD system with a 37” (94cm)
Sharp Aquos LCD flat screen TV, eight large windows. En suite bathroom with large hydro jet massage Jacuzzi forward.
The sky lounge is accessible from a staircase connecting the dining area, adjacent to the massage room and it opens onto the upper sundeck with double French wooden doors overlooking a spectacular panoramic view.
- AFT UPPER DECK features an impressive teak dining table with seating for 14 people for al Fresco dining. Ample seating area with Dedon design lounge sofas and long chairs allow seating for up to 25. Barbecue and wet bar facilities adjacent to the dining area.
- MASSAGE ROOM adjacent to the sky lounge, finished in natural mahogany, with professional massage table, pedestal sink, phone and DVD player.
• LIBRARY, finished in natural mahogany, with extensive shelving for selection of books, DVDs, CDs and games. Complete working computer station and printer with sat/cel phone and email/web access. Location of the Media Max server with almost unlimited storage capacity of DVDs, CDs, and photographs. Furnished with game table and four lounge chairs.
• MEDIA ROOM, finished with light sand accent wood panelling, fully equipped with very large Sharp Aquos 45” (94cm) LCD flat screen TV, complete independent theatre sound system and video game station. Displays featuring worldwide finest selection of teas, coffees, fine Armagnac andCognac.
- DINING ROOM, finished with light sand accent wood panelling, seats up to 18 people at two antique wood tables; the round table for more intimate dining for six and the large rectangle one for more than 12 guests. The elegant spacious dining area has a disk clavier Yamaha baby grand piano, 400-bottle capacity wine cellar and is peppered by burgundy nautilus design dining chairs. Puiforcat silver flat ware, Bernardaud Limoges fine porcelain and Riedel crystal glasses are delicately aligned, protected by velvet covered custom made drawers and cabinets.The dining room opens to the bar with sliding French doors.
- BAR, finished with light sand accent wood panelling, L shaped lit counter bar topped with yellow travertine marble, curvy shape sink, Carousel design lounge chairs, asymmetric love seats and work of art coffee tables give this salon a real trendy feeling. An invitation for an entertaining evening with all the practical storage including large capacity refrigerator, extensive custom made cabinet displays for alcohol decanters and cabinets for glasses. A 37” (94cm) Sharp Aquos LCD flat screen TV is on forward wall. Doors lead out to the aft deck intimate lounge.
- AFT DECK with intimate comfortable seating area around coffee table with another moveable wireless 22” (45cm) Sharp Aquos LCD TV screen, an outdoor gym with stationary exercisers and two staircases going up to the upper deck.
5. General INTERIOR highlights
• Very vast bright rooms with many windows and spacious decks;
• Smoked oak floor and handcrafted wood panelling respect the original VOYAGER classic style;
• Modern tulip fixtures soften the ambiance of every room with elegance;
• The subtle beauty of pewter hardware, faucets and counter tops in the bathroom enriches doors and cabinetry;
• Stainless steel 1-½ wire cable handrails adorn hallways and staircases. Their modern marine look completes delightfully the classic wood panelling;
• Custom designed furniture brings a unique colourful style;
• Choice of fabrics, rugs and draperies add a final sophisticated dressing;
• Ultra soft fine linen is in every stateroom for the ultimate comfort;
• Silver ware, crystal glass and fine porcelain to guarantee five-star service
Smoked oak hardwood floor, herring bone pattern oak deck head, bulkheads covered with bright red Tabu bird’s eye maple paneling. Console, chart table, desk, and cabinets hand milled from solid oak, carefully detailed with touches of gold and lightly padded with Italian black leather on top. High-tech black and stainless steel adjustable captain’s chair with a similar double one for the guests provide comfortable seating in this warm and appealing wheelhouse. Forward facing with double insulated tempered glass to reduce heat and prevent fogging. Access by staircase coming from the crew dining area and the library plus starboard and port direct access doors. Included in the wheelhouse components are;
• All radio equipment is GMDSS “A3” compliant.
• All other equipment is SOLAS compliant for her class.
• (2) VHF Radios / Furuno / FM8500 c/w DSC
• (1) MF/HF Radio Installation/ Furuno FS1570/ Includes MF/HF +DSC +NBDP +DSC Watch
• (2) Inmarsat-C MES
• (1) Furuno / FELCOM 15 Includes EGC (Safety NETTM/FleetNETTM)
• (1) NBDP / Terminal Furuno IB-583
• (1) NAVTEX / JRC NCR300A
• (1) EPIRB / ACR 2576
• (2) SART ACR RTE-2707 / ACR Pathfinder 1
• (3) GMDSS Handheld Radio / ACR 2726A
• (1) AIS; / Furuno FA 100 / C/W RP250 interface to ARPA Radar
• (2) GPS; / Furuno GP90 IMO GPS/WAAS / Furuno GP 30 GPS
• (2) RADARS;/JRC JMA 391/Furuno FR2115/B c/w ARP 26 ARPA & 20.1" Flat Screen Display
• (2) ECHO SOUNDER; / Furuno FE 700 (IMO) / Furuno color video sounder
• (1) GYRO COMPASS; / Yokogowa CMZ300
• (1) AUTOPILOT; / C. Plath Navipilot 4000
• (1) MAGNETIC COMPASS; / Lilley & Gillie SCH 40 mid Size Binnacle, c/w Ocean 2000 Magnetic Compass
• (1) Nera Saturn B Inmarsat B Satcom
• (1) Seatel 4003-2 Ku Band Broadband at Sea Hi Speed Data System
• (1) Seatel Wavecall Global Star Satellite Telephone
• (1) ECDIS, Nobel Tech 8.0
• (1) Naiad stabilizer control
• (1) ”Simon” electronic ship monitoring system
• (1) Whistle controller, Kalenberg M-511A
• (1) Notifier AFP-200 fire detection and alarm system. The entire ship has been refit with heat and smoke detectors throughout
• (3) Speich, stainless steel, self-parking windshield wipers
• (1) Anemometer / Raymarine ST60
• (1) Closed circuit T.V.
16 cameras throughout the ship can record and save up to 30 days of filming in the hard disk memory and transmit color images to the screen. The camera mounted to the mast is capable of panning, tilting, and zooming - with viewing available in every TV screens on board.
• (2) Search lights ACR 600 ZENON Remote controlled and focusable
• (1) Captain’s Chair, Stidd, chrome and leather
The Wheelhouse library is complete and up to date for her class. All paper and electronic charts on board for the west coast of Central andNorth Americaare up to date and corrected.
The V/L has in place operational ISM and ISPS systems.
7. HELICOPTER DECK:
The helicopter deck, the jet fuel tank, the jet fuel pump and the jet fuel dispenser are all safety-compliant facilities with the U.S. Coastguard rules regulating helicopter operations on vessels. Size of the helicopter deck: 1,260 square feet (117 square meters).
New fireproof helicopter deck with “two-position” stainless steel railings.
Two new aluminium access stairs. Fire fighting equipment. Safety camera with direct-link to an assigned screen in the wheelhouse.
8. TENDERS & TOYS:
• (1) 17’ inflatable SOLAS approved Polaris tender w/75 hp Mercury engine
• (1) 17’ inflatable Novurania tender w/115 hp Yamaha engine
• (1) Sea Doo 3 person wave runners capable of towing a water skier
• (1) Wakeboard
• (1) Pair water skis including slalom
• (5) Brodie full suspension mountain bikes and helmets.
• (2) Stationary bikes Vision Fitness E3100
• (1) Power system weight bench, full set of free weights, and bars
• (4) Fishing rods and assorted tackle
• (2) Kayaks, Necky Eskia, 6 single and 4 double
• (1) Ski trainer
• (3) Yoga mats
• (1) Inflatable mattress
• (1) Banana boat
• (1) Diving board located on the STBD side upper deck
• (1) Deck umbrella large
• (12) Beach chairs
• (24) Binoculars
• Diving equipment: on board dive compressor, aluminium dive tanks, compensators, weights and fins.
• Extensive selection of indoor and outdoor games.
Clothing for guests for outdoor activities (many sizes):
• Helly Hansen two-piece green fishing suits and hats
• Helly Hansen light jacket
• Helly Hansen winter parkas
• Kayaking vests
• Water-skiing vests
• Henri Lloyd rubber boots
• Arc’terix day backpacks
• Wet suits
• Dry suits
9. ENTERTAINMENT EQUIPMENT:
The stereo sound system, DVD players and many large Sharp Aquos LCD flat screen TVs throughout the ship (from 22” to 45”).
Latest high technology MediaMax server serving all commons areas, including exterior decks. The server can manage simultaneously in different rooms: movies on DVD’s, satellite TV and radio, slide shows, video, video games, etc… Memory capacity: 3,200 gigabytes (3.2 terabytes) with a storage capacity of hundreds of movies, tens of thousands of songs, photographs and other medias. Memory capacity can be multiplied with no limit.
10. GALLEY AND PANTRY
The galley has been enlarged and completely redone with a new and very high tech stainless steel design. It is one of the largest galleys ever seen on a yacht. Compliant with the very strict USPH regulations for kitchen and food preparation facilities.
• Fireproof and watertight doors
• Bulkheads and deckheads are now A60 fireproof
• Dishwashing area
• Coffee station area
• Fully equipped galley to commercial standards and large enough for a chef and several sous-chefs to delight many guests for big parties
• Temperature controlled wine cellar with a capacity of 400 bottles (in the dining area)
• Walk-in coolers and freezers good for autonomy of several weeks at se, stainless steel
• Dry storage room for food
• 3 deep sinks, stainless steel
• Work island with folding leaves, stainless steel
• Copious amounts of stainless steel shelving through out the galley
• Galley bulkheads: stainless steel
• Galley deckheads: stainless steel with bright yellow powder coated aluminum floating deckhead
• Flooring; anti-skid commercial marine blue 2”x2” tiling
All the equipment installed is of commercial grade quality.
• 2 True refrigerators T-23-2 stand up double Dutch door, stainless steel
• 1 True freezer under counter TUC-27f, stainless steel
• 1 True cold table in counter TSSU 48-8, stainless steel
• 1Garlandrange S-684, 10 electric burners on top 2 ovens below, stainless steel
• 1Garlandsalamander, SERC, stainless steel
• 1Garlandconvection oven, MCO-E-5/25 master half size, stainless steel
• 1Hobart dishwasher sanitizer ml-27873 sr24h, stainless steel
• 1 Hoshizak icemaker, KM-250BAE cubes. Up to 230 Lbs. of ice per 24 hrs / in pantry
• 3 Insinkerator garbage disposal SS-50 manual reversing.
• 1 La Cimbali M29 select espresso machine, stainless steel
• 1 Industrial sound proofed mixer and blender, stainless steel
• 1 Industrial smoking machine, stainless steel
• 1 Industrial sorbet and ice cream machine
• 1 Industrial sound proofed robot, stainless steel
• 1 Industrial steam machine, stainless steel
• 1 Industrial rice cooking machine, stainless steel
• 2 Bunn coffee makers, stainless steel
• 1 BBQ, 3 burners and a side burner, stainless steel
• Dry stores: Below the galley is a dry stores walk-in pantry, 7’×14’×7’, extensive modular shelving. Flooring with anti-skid commercial marine blue 2’x2’ rubber dot tiles
• Cold stream: freezer-and-cooler combo walk-in 7’×14’×7’ stainless steel, bondable stores in cooler area, shelving throughout. Stainless steel floor and deckhead.
- Washers; (4) MIELE Marine (Professional nautic range) 110V 60 Hz W3033
- Dryers; (4) MIELE Marine (Professional nautic range) 110V 60 Hz T8013C
- Roller Press; (1) Miele stand up
- Sink; (1) Stainless steel, deep, high capacity sink
- Fridge; (1) Danby Silhouette DFF9102BLS
The laundry facility is protected by a state of the art FM200 gas fire suppression system.
- Fuel: 13,473 US gallons / 51,000 liters
- Potable water: 9,757 US gallons / 36,938 liters
- Heli jet fuel tank: 2,853 US gallons / 10,800 liters
- Gross Tonnage: 780 tons
13. ENGINE AND MECHANICAL EQUIPMENT:
(2) X 1125 hp D399 Caterpillar Diesel Engines with Wabco pneumatic controls, 3.5:1 reserve reduction gear boxes
(2) X steel propeller shafts in cooper split roller bearings
(2) X 3-blade bronze fixed pitch propellers
Cruising speed: 12 knots at 1,000 RPM
Fuel capacity; 13,473 US gallons (51,000 liters)
Potable water; 9,757 US gallons (36,938 liters)
Water maker capacity; Sea Recovery water maker Model SRC 13M3-SW
7,400USgallons / 29,972 liters per 24-hour period of potable water from two units
One installed new in 2005
Hot potable water x 2 giving a total of 1,000 gallons (3,780 liters) on demand
Ballast water capacity; 23,384 gallons (88,520 liters) in 6 tanks
Bow thruster; Electric 160 bhp “Plueger” fixed pitch 3 speed electronically controlled
Vosper stabilizers; 1 pair, rebuilt in 2005-2007, with all new Naiad electronic controls (2005)
Sperry steering system; all pumps and hydraulics rebuilt 2005, new electronics
Oil water separator; Heli Sep 500 15ppm, installed new in 2005
Diesel oil fuel purifier; Alfa Laval MAB 104B-14/24C, installed new in 2005
Lube oil; 433 gallons (1,640 liters)
Dirty lube oil: 264 gallons (1,000 liters)
Grey water: 2,735 gallons (10,340 liters)
Black water: 540 gallons (2,000 liters)
“Fast” type 2 black water treatment systems, installed new in 2005
Main fire pump, Bell & Gossitt with baldor motor
(1) X Teel self prime emergency bilge pump baldor motor
(1) X Integrated Westinghouse/ITUR bilge pump baldor motor
(1) X Westinghouse/ITUR ballast pump baldor motor
FM200 gas fire suppression;
Dump system installed in 2005;
Engine room, Galley, and Launderette
Air conditioning compressors;
2×25 ton Carrier compressor water chillers. Chilled water air conditioning through separate air handlers for each room. Air handlers are able to produce electric heat.
14. ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT:
Generators; (2) x 275 kva D343 Caterpillar auxiliary diesel generators
440V AC 60 Hz
Power converted to;
220/110V AC 60 Hz
Emergency diesel generator;
(1) X 30 kW Perkins
Shore power; 380V 3 phase 50 Hz 220 Amp (Inverter)
Batteries; 12 x 6v gel cell new Nov 05
CathodicHullprotection; Wilson Walton International imposed electric cathodic protection
15. DECK AND SAFETY EQUIPEMENT:
- 4 emergency rafts and new SOLAS approved launching system
- 2 new aluminium access stairs
- New fireproof and water-tight doors
- New fire detection system with smoke and heat detectors throughout the ship
- Fire extinguishers throughout the ship
- Fire fighting equipment
- Security camera
- New tenders including a 17’ inflatable SOLAS certified Polaris w/75hp Mercury engine
The 2003-2005 refit included a complete remodelling of the crew quarters. The cabins comfortably accommodate 19 crew in 11 cabins. Included in the crew area is a crew dining area, crew lounge, and crew office. The crew quarters have been afforded the same level of care the passenger cabins have received.
• The helicopter
• Some of the original works of art