Benvenuti | Welcome
The "Tecnomar Yachting Club" is located along river Tevere, roughly 2 Kilometres inland from its mouth, called "Fiumara Grande" and a 5 minutes drive from Rome's International Airport Leonardo Da Vinci (FCO). Counting up to three thousand yachts and motoryachts, Fiumara is the largest harbour in the Mediterranean Sea.
At our quays are actually moored around three hundred yachts. Our Marina is fully functional and may haul out boats up to three hundred tons. We supply fuel, power (220 V AC), water, and offer a variety of services: laundry, phone, fax, e-mail , car rental, night watchman, radio taxi, bar, restaurant.
We have our own carpenters, mechanics, electricians, painters, blacksmiths and sailmakers and we have a daily updated Broker & Charter service.
We are specialized in refitting yachts and changing tugs into luxury yachts. One among all, the Pietro Micca , 31 mt long: it is the last existing steam tug in Italy, completely rebuilt and refitted by Tecnomar. We have also an excellent restaurant with a beautiful view on the river.
The habitat keeps his own characteristics of river nature with wooden quays.
The "Tecnomar Y.C." is our sailing club and it's member of the italian Sailing Federation (F.I.V.) since 1970 and RYA RTC since 2010.
Our national and international customers appreciate this concret-free nature and are attracted by the safety of moorings, the fresh water of the river, our reasonable rates and the general friendliness of the place. The Yachting Club is close to the International Airport "Leonardo da Vinci" and a 5 minute drive from Ostia Antica's archeological site and the railway that reaches the heart of Rome in 25 minutes. Naples, Florence and Siena are about three hundred Kms away.
Our GPS address is:
41� 45' 03'' N
12� 16' 09'' E
105' Steam tug schooner 1895 "Piro Rimorchiatore Goletta"
The PIETRO MICCA is the oldest italian triple-expansion steam-powered merchant ship and is in a class of her own for her state of preservation and operational performance, having been engaged in regular port activities on a par with modern tugs until 1993.
She was built as a sea-going steam tugboat by Rennoldson & Son, in Southshields, Newcastle (GB) and in 1905 was registered as a steam-powered tug, Schooner Class, in the Coastal Sector Register in Naples, in whose waters she was to spend most of her days.
The triple-expansion piston engine is the first kind of steam engine. It consists of a positive displacement engine capable of transforming the thermal energy produced in the boilers into mechanical energy.
The fuel storage capacity in the main, ancillary and reserve tanks total 40 tonnes, while two other large tanks contain thirty tonnes of water for use in the boilers.
To recharge the ship's batteries, in addition to the steam-powered generator a number of photovoltaic solar panels (1.3kw/day) have been installed, thus permitting the ship to take advantage of a modern technology while losing nothing of her traditional appearance and compatibility with the environment.
Via Monte Cadria, 77|
Fiumicino Roma, Italy 00054