59 Symbol Classic-Information & Comments
59 SYMBOL CLASSIC Hull # 24
Symbol Yacht Sales, Inc. 401.737.2233
Information and Service Center
1. Designed by Jack W. Sarin Naval Architects Proven low profile design, well known architect designs improved resale: sea friendly hull, wrap around Portuguese bridge, covered side decks, deep keel to protect props, fuel efficient 5.6 GPH @ 8 kts, under water exhaust for a quiet passage - all standard.
a.Prop pockets to reduce draft to less than 5 and reduce shaft angle for best performance.
b. A long keel will maintain directional stability at slower speeds when longer range is needed-auto pilot will not work as hard to keep on course.
c. Main and pilothouse overhangs reduce interior heat from side windows making your interior more comfortable.
d. Pilothouse P & S doors have added protection under the pilothouse overhangs.
e. Overhangs increase the flybridge and boat deck area by extending the flybridge bulwarks outboard; this added area improves visibility when docking.
2. Extended cockpit with large lazarette with ample storage below:
a. Glued down not screwed teak cockpit sole - great looking.
b. Cockpit settee with cushion cover - storage under.
c. Sliding polished S/S door cockpit to salon - by Aritex high quality.
d. Sliding polished S/S opening window - by Aritex high quality.
e. Port cockpit seat - storage under.
3. Forward settee aft of Portuguese Bridge - great viewing area for guests with the safety of S/S handrails mounted on high bulwarks.
4. Less exterior teak-lower maintenance cost and more time for cruising.
5. Polished 1-1/4 316 S/S hand rails all decks for improved guest and your safety - mounted on high bulwarks.
a. Teak handrails located just inside of pilothouse doors P & S.
6. Frameless windows-no screws/no frames/no leaks improved design less maintenance more time for fun and adventure.
7. Full beam fly bridge provides a full side view when docking. Seating includes two high back FB helm seats, settee and dining area with custom teak grate table.
8. Five bulwark boarding gates on three levels insure your safe access on and off the boat from fixed or floating docks.
9. Displacement approximate 90,000 lbs.
a. Three watertight composites-not wood-bulkheads bonded to hull separate four compartments.
b. Hull bottom is solid fiberglass laminated fiberglass with vinyl ester resin into the first layers. Interlux 2000E epoxy barrier coat is applied before bottom paint for added protection.
c. Closed cell high density PVC foam core hull lamination above W.L. by vacuum bagging.
d. Hull features a fiberglass and foam stringer system, transverse and longitudinal.
e. All decks drain into P & S drain manifolds that exit quietly at transom water line to eliminate hull and deck water stains.
10. Fly Bridge Galley - fiberglass custom cabinet with 220v Panini Grill-no LPG for added safety, Ice maker/ref combo, storage and sink.
11. U.S. made BROWER hydraulic davit with rotation - making launching easier.
12. Fly bridge sun lounge with locking fishing gear storage under.
13. Molded diamond non-skid decks coated with Awlgrip and Grip-Tex improves safety.
14. Wide swim platform with 2 S/S staple rails for added safety.
15. Extended bow sprite keeps the anchor from damaging the hull.
1. Extended saloon improves seating and entertaining area.
2. Space for comfortable saloon chairs, L shaped settee, wine cooler and storage drawers/cabinets.
3. Saloon TV stored under counter top when not in use-electric lift with remote.
4. Larger 60x40 saloon dining table, hi-lo hydraulic-custom teak, burl wood top and gloss finish top folds to use as a coffee table.
5. Wine cooler in salon (24 bottles) custom cabinet with extra storage.
6. Custom matched grain teak interior with a satin varnish finish.
7. Soundown under carpet padding - quiet running.
8. Glassware storage with interior light protects glassware in a seaway.
9. Saloon lighting includes low energy LED overhead fixtures with dimmer, wall lamps and rope lighting in valance providing the correct lighting for all activities. All overhead fixtures, wall fixtures, switch plates, door and cabinet hardware are finished in satin nickel.
PILOTHOUSE GALLEY - DINING AREA
1. Glendinning engine controls with extra emergency back up processor for lower controls Glendinning is the top quality control system.
2. Glendinning hand held remote engine controls and thruster controls with three plug-in deck outlets. Wireless thruster control - separate.
3. LED overhead lighting using less amperage with dimmers for saloon, pilothouse and staterooms:
a. LED foot lights interior and exterior- less amperage.
4. Gourmet Galley under counter AC/DC marine drawer ref/freezer for added counter space - no need to run generator when cruising.
a. Ref/freezer drawers include sea locks with divided storage to hold food in a seaway.
b. Galley appliances include: Disposal, Dishwasher, Cooktop w/sea
rails and GE Convection/microwave.
c. Granite counter top,
5. Pilothouse dining area with a custom teak table, storage, full view drawers and cabinet with slide out shelves.
6. Pilothouse inside stairway to Flybridge standard safer when changing stations.
7. Pilothouse doors P & S safe/easy access to side decks. Overhang protects pilothouse doors P & S.
8. Flush mounted custom teak cabinet doors and drawers improved quality look, also grain matched.
STATEROOMS HEADS PASSAGEWAY
1. Amidships and full beam master stateroom with centerline berth quiet and roomy:
a. Large drawers under berth
b. Storage area under lined with carpet.
c. Head doors are sliding when open increase ventilation and natural light.
d. Separation of heads from berth areas for added privacy not
always thought about until cruising.
e. Shoji screens - provide privacy and natural light.
f. Large shower with seat with Grohe thermostatic shower control valve.
g. Ozone odor eliminator in bilge area and storage area stops bilge odor in staterooms.
h. 72 x 80 master berth center-line innerspring mattress standard.
2. VIP stateroom forward with island queen berth with carpeted storage below.
3. Port stateroom features two single berths.
4. Passageway - Separate Bosch Washer and Dryer w/220 dryer place just outside of stateroom for convenience.
5. Passageway cabinets have louvered doors for proper ventilation of washer/dryer and storage.
6. Passageway stairs lift with auto lights for storage, central vacuum and odor eliminator. Area is also used as a commissary.
LAZARETTE - ENGINE ROOM
1. No metal tanks, water, holding or fuel:
a. Main water lines 22mm, branch lines 15mm improve water
b. Primary Headhunter pump with extra back up pump,
needed with F. W. flush toilets.
c. 375 gals in three separate tanks with control valves.
d. Pre-wired and plumbed for water maker.
2. AC/DC 4 cu ft freezer in lazarette-for added freezer storage for longer cruises and back up freezer for galley freezer.
3. Trash compactor in lazarette to avoid odor in galley area and increase storage.
4. Battery shut off switches outside of engine room improve safety.
5. Viewing port in engine room door check engine room before entering.
6. Racor dual filters and separate fuel polisher filters allows fuel polishing on-board.
7. Fiberglass fuel tanks forward more space outboard to service engines and sound insulate master stateroom.
8. Warning lights and alarm for bilge pumps and bilge water to improve safety.
9. Full factory warranty plus Cummins 6 year extended engine warranty. To insure there will be no damage to the engine when running at low RPM, the Cummins QSM-11 includes an oil thermostat that regulates oil temperature.
1. Bow and stern thrusters make docking a one person operation. Wireless remote control and included on wire.
2. Wesmar stabilizers were chosen because of Wesmars simpler system requiring less maintenance. Wesmar stabilizers save fuel by removing the wave induced yaw and by creating lift to reduce vessel hull surface contact with the water, which in turn reduces friction-induced drag. Of greatest importance is that the crew and guests arrive safely at there destination, relaxed and non-fatigued.
3. Five separate A/C systems with vents into heads.
4. KAHLENBERG dual horns and hailer horns with fog settings fog horn back up when needed.
5. Nibral 4 bladed propellers increase performance.
6. Top quality Glendinning electronic engine controls with optional hand held remote provide the captain with safe control of gears and thrusters; make backing into even a tight slip a one person operation-less stress.
7. Grohe faucets and shower valves in satin nickel.
1. Digital volt and amp meters by Blue Seas accurate and informative:
a. AC 250v service panel breakers with digital meter.
b. AC 125v service panel breakers with digital meter.
c. DC 24v service panel breakers with digital meter.
d. DC 12v service panel breakers with digital meter.
e. Forward 30 amp AC inlet if 50 amp service is unavailable.
f. Forward 50 amp AC inlet if aft Glendinning Cablemaster is not
g. Custom back-lit breaker panel - for fast identification of breakers.
2. AGM group 31 batteries standard (15) no maintenance. Deep cycle for house and high cranking type for engine start and bow thruster.
a. House battery bank charged by inverter/charger deep cycle type
b. Engine and thruster battery bank has separate charger.
c. STBD 24v engine alternator charges engine start and bow thruster
battery banks - battery combiner will automatically connect both
banks as needed.
d. Port 24v engine alternator charges house battery bank.
e. Manual battery switch will combine all banks if one alternator or battery charger fails, the working system will charge all banks.
3. Glendinning cable master with 80 of cord with wireless remote control for easy cord handling.
4. 24v to 12v DC converter 12v DC needed for some electronics and cell phone charging we use 24v to improve equipment performance when ever possible.
5. 50 amp service includes an ISO-Boost Isolation Transformer sense & boost voltage to maintain proper voltage for equipment.
6. 30 amp service includes an Isolation Transformer eliminate galvanic corrosion & polarity issues.
1. Electronics standard, brand new Furuno NAVnet 3D system(user friendly), Icom VHF x2 and the new Simrad AP-28 autopilot at both stations.
1. 42 LCD HD TV with hi-low lift.
2. Surround Sound System for salon:
a. Integra A/V receiver for best performance.
b. 6 Canton Movie surround sound speakers with sub-woofer.
d. Blu-Ray Disc Player.
3. Integra A/V receiver includes a second zone for speakers in cockpit, FB and stateroom passageway.
4. Staterooms - each have custom teak built-in LCD TVs. Master includes a DVD player.
BUILDER: Symbol Yacht Co. Taiwan
MODEL YEAR: 2008
ARCHITECTURE: Jack W. Sarin, Naval Architects
STANDARDS: ISO9001 Approved Builder, ABS hull guidelines and ABYC Member
All measurements are approximate
LOA: 63-3 w/Swim Platform
MAX SPEED: 20 Kts
CRUISE SPEED: 17 Kts
RANGE: 1286 N.M. @ 8 kts
HULL MATERIAL: Fiberglass - Solid below W.L./PVC Cored above W.L.
SUPERSTRUCTURE: Fiberglass - PVC Cored
FUEL CAPACITY: 1,000 gals Fiberglass Tanks
FUEL POLISHER: Diesel Tex
WATER CAPACITY: 375 gals - Polyethylene Tanks and Plumbing
CAPACITY: 100 gals two 50 gal tanks, separate discharge
ENGINES: 2 x Cummins 715 HP, QSM-11, 715 HP @ 2500 RPM
REVERSE GEARS: Twin Disc MG 5114A 2.5:1
CONTROLS: Glendinning with Back-up Processor and Remote
Control with three Inlets
SYSTEM: Fireboy Auto/Manual Discharge
PROPELLERS: ZF Faster-4 Blade NiBrAl
SHAFTS: ZF Faster 2Ύ
GENERATOR: 17 Kw Onan with Quiet Box - Cummins Service
CHARGER: 3 Kw ProSine by Xantrex - House Battery Banks
24v/25 Amp charger - Engine Battery Bank
SHORE POWER: Charles ISO-Boost Auto Isolation & Boosting
Transformer for 120/240v Inlet - 50 Amp
Charles ISO-Auto Transformer for 110v Inlet - 30 Amp
AIR CONDITIONING: Marine Air 5 Units 79,000 BTUs
WATER MAKER: Pre-wire and Plumbing Complete
STABILIZERS: Wesmar with Flybridge Remote Control
BOW THRUSTER: Side-Power 15 HP with Wireless Remote for both
STERN THRUSTER: Side-Power 13 HP both Interfaced with Glendinning
GEL COAT: Cook US U/V protecting Isothalic
ANCHOR WINDLASS: Muir HR 3500 7/16 HT Chain
HORNS: KAHLENBERG, US 2-Tone w/Auto Fog
DAVIT/CRANE: BROWER - US 3-Way Hydraulic
ENTERTAINMENT: Staterooms VIP/Guest - 2-15 LCD-TV
Master - 19 LCD w/DVD Player
Saloon - 42 LCD TV with Lift
Integra A/V Receiver
Samsung Blu-Ray Disc Player
Canton Movie Speaker System - Saloon
Niles Speakers/Volume Controls x3 - Zone 2
RADAR: Furuno 6 Kw 4 Antenna
PLOTTER: Furuno New NAVnet 3D System with Chart Plotter
1-12 Display & 1-8 Display @ each Station
AUTOPILOT Simrad New AP 28 Controls @ each Station
VHF: Icom M-604 x2 w/Fog & Hailer
COMPASS: Ritchie, US x2
INTERIOR DECOR: Ultra Leather - Saloon & Pilothouse
REFRIGERATION: Marine AC/DC by Vitrifrigo
Galley 3 Ref/1 Freezer Drawer
Lazarette 3.8 cu ft AC/DC Freezer
Flybridge U-Line Ice Maker/Refrigerator Combo
Saloon 34 Bottle Wine Cooler
Symbol Yacht Sales, Inc.