42' Legare Fox Island 42
HUGE PRICE REDUCTION!! (Was $285,000)
Rugged Sport Utility Boat with all kinds of capability. Well protected cockpit, a low weight bridge, full length side rails and ample deck room to move forward. Lots of visibility from several opening windows and ports even including a Dutch door on the pilothouse. Easy access from the dock with a full width platform and transom door. Boarding from the side is made easier with full height handrails.
The bridge has excellent visibility and is fully protected with aluminum double rails. The anchor pulpit can has two integral anchor rollers and are served by all kinds of rode storage.
Real size components abound inside including a forward island berth, a shower stall, and large head. Several of the lockers you would actually be able to climb into. The engine room has enough space for the largest burly mechanic you can come up with.
Julia Bryant III is large enough for extended cruising or perhaps even live aboard yet small enough to be handled by one person. With the 440 HP Yanmar cruising Canadian, American, and Caribbean waters can be done efficiently and at a greater speed than your typical trawler style configuration. If you desire to travel trawler-like speeds the boat handles just as well and consumes trawler like fuel.
For those desiring a single engine semi-displacement full keel powerboat that sleeps at least 4 then please come and see Julia Bryant III.
Back to the Sport Utility Boat moniker; Julia Bryant III can easily carry bicycles, paddle boards, kayaks, and even a dinghy on the pilothouse roof in addition to one on the swim platform. Speaking of swim platforms, if you are a scuba diver there are storage areas for you tanks and gear.
Do you cruise where it snows? Julia Bryant III has a custom cockpit cover to keep snow out. On board is a Webasto heater that really works.
There are lots of smart design choice you only realize when you don’t see them on other boats. Some examples include;
- Chine is filled in farther astern to cut down on bow wave spray that broke just forward of the wheelhouse, leading to wind driven spray.
- Two steps moulded into hull stern to provide lift at speed.
- Wheelhouse top is crowned, unlike previous boats where top was straight across ( a subtle but significant improvement in looks).
- 440 Yanmar, unlike the 370 in most other boats, gives a top speed of 17 Kts, slow cruise is 2200, fast is 2800. 620 Hours.
- 400 Gals. in two fuel tanks.
- Norpro 5NY 5K Generator 60 Hours.
- Interior trimmed in teak and Maine grown beech
- Expandable wheelhouse seating aft of galley
- All ventilated storage doors, two cedar hanging closets in master
- Sleeps 6 including double with dropped table in wheelhouse
- Lower bunk designed as desk with file folder drawers, 110 V and 12 V outlets
Julia Bryant III has a Custom 12 Volt Electrical Charging System designed and built in Maine that allows for unsurpassed easy of use, inspection, and monitoring. All fuses and wire/cables meet or exceed ABYC Specifications. People look at the system and say "wow!"
More information to follow.