Star is a highly customized submarine support vessel.
She was designed to support the operations of a
submersible submarine weighing up to 4 tons on a lift
platform which is 23' x 13'
She is powered by twin Ford Lehman 225 HP diesels
and electrical power is supplied by a 12kw Northern Lights.
She has living accommodations for 4 crew.
She was built in 1970 by Westinghouse Boat Works in
Long Beach California and had a major refit in 2014 which included,
* Clean down sand off and paint all
* Acid strip all decks and handrails
* Although very low hours both Port and Starboard engine
were stripped down, overhauled and reassembled by Lehman mechanic
* Fuel tanks cleaned out
* Hydraulic lift stripped down, overhauled and replaced
* Hydraulic lines stripped out and replaced
* Prop shaft bearings replaced
* Prop and rudders refurbished
The following work and much of the above was
undertaken after survey and did not reflect in valuation:
* Wheelhouse stripped out with new ply floor and
waterproof tongue and groove bamboo floor over
* Complete refurbishment of all cabinetry and surfaces
in wheelhouse ( Yacht Quality )
Refurbishment bills excess $130k
This vessel is currently at Bradford Marine Bahamas, in
Freeport, Grand Bahama and available for easy inspection.
This vessel is not
Bahamas Duty Paid and is in the country on a valid
It is not available for sale to a Bahamas
resident or citizen of the Bahamas without the payment
of Bahamas import duty and VAT