Considering the purchase of a new boat? Enrolling in Northwest Yachts’ Showboat Program will not only save you money, but make you money!!
The Northwest Yachts Showboat Program is a unique opportunity being offered to a limited number of boat buyers willing to put their new boats to work part-time.
If you purchase a new Northwest Trawler, Island Gypsy or President Yacht and enroll in our Showboat Program, you will receive special discount pricing, as well as a commission on future sales.
Here’s how the Showboat Program works:
In exchange, Northwest Yachts will pay you a commission of 2% of the base purchase price for any like boats sold in the agent’s territory for the first two years following the delivery of your boat.
Showboat AQs (anticipated questions)
1. Why are you offering this program? – The business climate has changed radically with the recent economic downturn. It is no longer easy for boat dealers to have inventory at the dock to sell or use as demonstrator boats. Floor plans (bank financing of inventory) have all but ceased to exist. This program is designed to reward owners who are willing to partner up with us and our Agents to make product available for display, demonstration and boat shows.
2. Am I restricted in the use of my boat? – Boat owners may use their boats as often as they like provided they do not take extended cruises of longer than 3 weeks at any one time and extended cruises not to exceed 2 in any calendar year.
3. Who has responsibility for moorage, insurance, maintenance, and cleanliness of the boat? - You, as the boat owner are responsible for the cost of moorage, insurance, normal maintenance, and periodic cleaning of your boat. The Agent will be responsible for any special maintenance or cleaning needed as a result of the boat being available for demonstration or boat shows.
4. Who pays for the fuel when my boat is used for demonstration or boat shows? – A per hour of running fee will be established (based on engine and boat size) to be paid to Owner by Agent when your boat is used for demonstration or boat shows.
5. What happens at the end of the agreement term? – The Company may elect to extend the agreement term if your boat is still of current model, design, and is in “like new” condition. In the event the boat is not a current model or the condition of the boat is less than required to remain in the program, you will be given first right of refusal to continue in the program by selling your present boat and purchasing a new one.